User Tag List

Thread: soundwavesghost - Developer Application (Multiple)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

soundwavesghost - Developer Application (Multiple)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    Soundwavesghost

Age?

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Mapper

If Coder, what languages?
    -

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    Tinkered with mapping and sprites to give ideas of tanks and such for Lebersruam (however that is spelled I went by Byond ID of Chuckachu back then)

Proof of any previous or current work:
    Just some stuff posted in general discord. I'm more into mapping but I like to do mock ups that will hopefully draw in better spriters than can take my idea and fix it.

How well do you know Git?
    Beginner in my opinion I can do pulls and pushes.

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    I want to help out where I can and I LOVE the PO job so I might always throw out ideas here and there. I don't live SS13 and do take short breaks from it. I love to see what I can tinker with to add something more for certain jobs that are lackluster.
    Last edited by soundwavesghost; 01-06-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of me making a UPP ship proposal for the DMCA mess before I realize there was no future there.
    Capture.jpg
    Carpet Bomb Rack animated idea for CAS changes
    Capture2.jpg
    Rough idea for a ship that only does bombing runs.
    CAS fighter bomber rough idea.jpg
    Last edited by soundwavesghost; 01-06-2019 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off thank you for your application.
    Second even if you can do 2 things I would advice you pick one. You can still do the other if accepted but it makes it a bit easier for Dean.
    (More is not better in this case.)
    Next up the amount of examples is not a whole lot in my opinion. Can you show some of your earlier work? (Or just more work?)
    Do you have work that has actually been used? This helps us determine a bit about how you develop.
    Ill also be honest and say that in my opinion the bomb rack is not in line with our current spriting style.

Can you be a bit more specific in what you would be interested in doing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I'd prefer to help out with mapping. Sadly I've never had anything actually used as most of what I proposed for Leb got tossed out when they would randomly choose something else to do.

I understand the bomb rack wasn't in line with current ship/dropship weaponry but I liked the idea of having a B17 styled bomb rack and tried to recreate it in a single hour sitting, more to get it out of my head than anything.

Rest of the ship I was tinkering with.
    IJN_Chosakken_front_half.jpg

Google file of the whole dmm.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JeW...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by soundwavesghost; 01-06-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With what you want to help with I mean what kind of project would you be wanting to do?
    Are you looking to make an entirely new map or do you want to adjust the current maps?
    Or perhaps assist someone else making a huge map by just making small rooms?
    Or make project nightmare crops?
    There is no wrong reply here but expectation management is important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not ready to step up to do a whole player map just yet I wouldn't think. I would prefer to help make smaller areas, not sure what you mean by nightmare crops.

Is that where you add a small regular server ruin like section at random to the normal maps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPP spawning area idea in case of future HvH to hopefully reduce admin spawning handholding.

UPP_Shoukaku.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked to the other devs expect to be recieving the mapper test soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Soundwavesghost, I will be handling your application's final response in place of Cakey.

We greatly appreciate the amount of effort you have put into the application as well as the test responses you have given us. However, after much internal discussion, I'm sorry to say we don't see you as a good fit for the team at this time.

But, bear in mind applications are almost (always) open, and should you wish to re-apply you may at any time. However, we suggest that you analyze CM-SS13 gameplay more in-depth for future applications, we fear that your understanding of the fundamentals that go into map and level design are not up to par with the precedent standards we have set into place.

We apologize in advance if this has caused you any inconvenience, but would like to thank you for putting in the time and creative effort you spent on this application. We hope to see an application in the future, and encourage you to continue mapping and learning.

For now, application declined. Best of luck with your future projects.

I am the art style.