User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should MPs be able to break marine law for RP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should MPs be able to break marine law for RP?

Title.
    Sometimes i wish you can bribe MPs to bail someone out.
    Not to the extent that they would just arrest people just because they can break ML.
    Thoughts? What kind of scenarios/RP would happen if MPs can break ML? Honor guard MPs getting sent to lynch the almayer MP force etc.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Limit it to minor crimes and it's good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd be fun to win over the MP force with contracts and bribes as a CL, assuring yourself some better (especially legal) protection, and getting a better corporate foothold on the USS Almayer.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we had a more then like 5 half-way MP's and even then if they would stay at a level of real RP sure. However with the current set of randoms or lads I wouldn't think this to be a good idea at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels like MPs as of now are just soulless incarnations of military law with no real humanity

It always feels horrible to lock up a guy for an hour because he insulted X officer 4 times, you're practically bound to mil. law if you don't want ooc consequences and it sucks

I'd welcome this
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a very tricky situation to deal with.

The Military Police often deal with things which can be OOCly a problem in an IC manner, which stops Mod intervention (This happens all the time behind the scenes, as many staff will tell you.) and while it does not extend to everything like insulting a superior, it does cover things such as assault.

This issue with having a corrupt MP force, which is something we did have in the past, you have individuals who hold an extreme amount of power of your gameplay and you can use that power to let out who you want or brig who you want. This is something which happened so much that the staff made it that MPs had to follow ALL marine laws and deal with ALL crimes(Not just major).

While the current situation is not perfect, it is in the most balanced position its been in years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People will just abuse it to be shitlers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've played on a few servers at this point, and what really hits me is how much access MP's have. As in, other servers don't even have a good comparison to the near all-access MP's have (research as the notable exception). The only way this works is by having a hard requirement that MP's follow marine law.

On some servers, sec cannot even get through the front doors of departments much less enter secure storage areas, the AI core room, the CO's office, etc. That combined with the fact that CM is med-RP and not HRP means that I think it's very important to handcuff MP's to follow marine law.

Otherwise you're going to start seeing instances of theft from offices or MP's facilitating trespassing (and theft) by others. As a HRP vet I appreciate when a character's motivations override the law or even their good sense, but not everyone is HRP. It would be abused, and one of two things will happen: 1) the experiment will fail or 2) MP's access will be nerfed. In both cases, people will complain. It's just not worth it.

FYI - I am an MP main.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feweh has ideas like this, his track record was not really the best.

That amputation round man

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs should absolutely not be allowed to break the law, there are already more than enough shitty and abusive MPs. If they were allowed to break the laws it would just become even worse.