User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should MPs be able to break marine law for RP?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    while id love permission to do this, i agree very little good can come of it, mostly people using it as an excuse for their shitty knowledge and application of marine law

that being said, im sure if you really wanted to do something like this you could ahelp an admin for permission to be a little corrupt if you aren't a known LRPer and know marine law well enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People would use it to be shitters.

MPs do often deal with stuff that, without them, would become OOC issues. It's ass and I welcome suggestions to improve them but the two I am pretty sure wouldn't work are:
    1. Allowing MPs to break the law/mutiny
    2. Removing Mps

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd pinch in with my limited trialmod experience.

There are times when minor ML breaks by MPs stay an IC issue - there was a round last week where the CMP and the CO butted heads, the MPs sided with the (law-wise right) CO. I was observing the situation and I have let it happen because it 1) didn't cause a trouble outside the brig and 2) it generated good RP.

I think breaking the law should still be prohibited but as some other mods do it, judged case by case. Issue is, if we allow corruptible MPs, suddenly everyone becomes one. However, as long as it is a rare occurence and all sides are cool with it (read: we don't get a dozen of ahelps and it doesn't mess with the round), I'm down for not picture perfect MPs.

Disclaimer: this is a strictly personal opinion, soldier pls do not fire me
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's very minor room for a IC rule break with MP.

Should we add a rule to complement the unspoken and official rules making most, if not all, MP lawbreaks a IC thing?
    No.
    Likewise, should we make it all OOC?
    No.

ML is in a decent place honestly I think.
    I know there's lots of memes and shit about shittery or abuse of ML but honestly... I haven't seen or heard of stuff that's bad and isn't covered currently or been accounted for. Some may argue differently, but I've recently seen some suggestions on changes and can safely say if applied within 3 months we will be changing it again due to new issues which are worse than the ones we have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think enabling Rex Texas even more would be a bad idea.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Troika View Post
    I think enabling Rex Texas even more would be a bad idea.
    Pretty much. Considering MPs are supposed to be the ones enforcing Marine Law, any sort of concession that allows them to break said rules would give a lot of the "dirtbags" carte blanche to go completely over the line with them going "No no no, it's fine that I threw grenades into the prison cell in brig, I'm RPing a renegade MP."
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think extremes like that would happen often?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsoe View Post
    Do you think extremes like that would happen often?
    MP's don't have anything to do after 12:30. Boredom does such things to people. Ask folks around about "Rex Texas" and this will be perfect example of being bored to grief. Did you just throw a satchel into window doing 0 damage? Vandalism son, come to the brig with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not even just him, some dick on discord was openly boasting about how he would jail people for hitting chairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDexFiles View Post
    Feweh has ideas like this, his track record was not really the best.

That amputation round man
    you DARE speak of the amputation round as if it was a bad thing? Thats gonna cost you an arm sunny boy
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.