User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should MPs be able to break marine law for RP?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be able with Staff premision, or something.

There was a round not too long ago when I was MP. I went to Research after hearing strange noises just to spot green benos breeding in research. No premission, no paperwork, no nothing. Crew didn't even know that they are there. No response to Faxes from Staffmemes about this topic. CO and CMO decided to feed the fuckers with monkeys and shit.
    All I could do against their stupid idea was talking. I couldn't stun anyone because there doesn't exist a law that you could break by breeding hostile organism on the Ship without premission.
    It was a bit funny and ridiculous, that despite my hostile attitude, I could just stand in one place and beg everyone not to do such stupid LRP thing. They casually opened the door, put monkeys in there, went there, petted benos and walked out. I couldn't do shit even when Sentinel started to melt shutters. All I could do is to throw nade inside, but nothing against fellow shipside crew.
    As a PFC I could do some cool stuff, disarm CMO and burn benos to the ground even if ordered not to. MP's are simply broken at the core. Without real threats, they are just Admemes without any OOC power and with OOC protection.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whitelist corrupt mps
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Whitelist corrupt mps
    Whitelist MPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Whitelist corrupt mps
    I meeeeaaaaaan. . . I wouldn't not apply.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But no mps shouldnt be breaking marine law outside of admin rule 0. We have enough of mps softgriefing as is.
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can relate a small story I once began during an average round on CM as the CL. Just please don't meta what your read to counter my future games as CL. As I often do, I attempt to engage in the swing and fro of marine operations aboard by speaking with all the appropriate heads of staff and command staff with the regular bout of document typing and filing, to be thrust upon all unsuspecting Officers in the hopes of them rendering their cooperation to the securing of eggs and their protection. This often goes hand in hand with another certain aspect of my daily CL routine which I shan't go into for secrecy's sake, however it does relate to what I did during this one round. I had come to a point where I had implanted an MP with a loyalty chip, and had them assist me with drugging the CMP and subsequent chipping to follow suit.

Frankly it was rather amusing as this happened, as though I had drugged the drink of Sake I offered to the CMP in my office, and I believe had taken some of it, I had also drugged another drink which ended up as a "What is this" description, which I was a much stronger and more obvious drugging agent I decided to leave on my desk to lessen the suspicion the CMP may have regarding their own drink, that is to say, if I had a drink which I stated was my own special drink that was rather more distinctive in appearance, it would distract from their own. To my own sense of amusement and former thoughts of the old "I'll offer him the safe cup and keep the poisened cup" routine, the CMP also decided to drink the highly potent mixture, despite my own "protests" that it was mine. Though I was assured by the Research team that it was strong enough to knock a man out for roughly 3 minutes, the CMP awoke within 10 seconds of passing out, before I had the time to implant them. And thus my MP loyalist, of whom I had instructed to taze the CMP if the drugging did not work, was now bound to initiate phase 2 of my plan. Thus began a comical scenario in which we were all running around my office with the CMP telling the MP to taze ME, yet unaware the MP was actually trying to neutralise him. In the end it worked, and I was able to chip them.

Shortly thereafter, I explained my plans to covertly take out the CO by implanting them too and thus securing the ship for WY. Before this could happen, however, another MP randomly came in for a general chinwag, seeing that his boss and another MP were in my office. Without my instructions on even my intent, they both then insisted that this new MP drink the drugged concoction, expecting me to then implant them with a loyalty chip. I believe much the same happened as with the CMP, where the drugging was not as effective as hoped, and they resorted to stunning them. I begrugingly used my last chip on this MP, and decided to merely use for overt methods to take over CIC, considering that at this juncture the CO had gone groundside and only an SO or two remained in CIC. It is at this stage that the mods/admins got involved via ghost LOOC chat and informed us all that this was not allowed (the whole case of subduing each other for me, as I don't think they staff knew I was going to use them to take over the ship) and that they were to return to usual duties and not engage with me further. Thus my whole round was for naught, and the MP's and CMP who were rather thrilled with the events that had transpired, both being new and different to anything else they had done before, were now dedjected at this cease and desist order.

It is at this point I would divulge my oppinion that staff should be able to make decisions based on events on the server that progress naturally through solid and engaging RP with great potential, not based on the desire to grief, as to allow MP's under such a case as I described to break the law. It is rather sad now, as due to the strictness of the rules regarding MP's, I no longer RP with the MP's and CMP as the CL as ultimately it does not serve any purpose as they cannot be used to assist me in securing WY interests.

Please don't meta what you now know I usually do as a CL.
    Last edited by Mr-Herr-San; 11-30-2019 at 11:59 PM. Reason: spacing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CL is one of the loneliest jobs you can do, sure it's fun when an admin faxes you but thats an extremely rare occurrence, honestly i just sit there writing faxes only for the mods and staff to look at them and not get a reply back if you want to create RP how about you start with the CLs and MPs because they have huge potential RP wise.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tips for cl: make good faxes and i usually reply to em.
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDexFiles View Post
    Feweh has ideas like this, his track record was not really the best.

That amputation round man
    No smoking, no cussing.