Admin who banned you (if known)
    Desmet
    Total Ban Duration
    3 hours
    Remaining Duration
    3 hours
    What other servers do you play on?
    No other servers currently.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No, maybe a few years ago.
    Reason for Ban
    Improper escalation
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I've been banned for improper escalation for killing a marine with buckshot. I did indeed kill this marine, but this was not my intention. The marine in question is called Luna 'Firecracker' Thyatos. For reasons unknown (most likely I accidentally FFed her and she got mad) she started punching me in the middle of the frontline, we were in the northern caves entrance in LV. I was in the retreating from a fight because I was injured, bandage in one hand, shotgun in the other hand. I was bandaging myself quickly so I could go back north to continue fighting. While I'm bandaging, Luna approaches me and punches me several times, yelling ''idiot''. At this point I don't know why so I switch hands from the bandage to my other hand to punch/push her and walk away. I forgot I had the shotgun in my other hand, so instead of punching her, I shot her. She died. I didn't ahelp because I figured it wouldn't be a big deal, she could just be revived and I could apologize.

Minutes later, I get a PM from desmet and I explain my side of the story, which is backed up by my logs. The admin chooses to believe Luna instead, thinking I shot her on purpose. I will admit I do have a recent note for improper escalation, so I get why the admin wasn't very inclined to believe me. I got this note for firing two shots at a spec who blew me and three other marines up with a SADAR ''accidentally''. I pointed out to the admin that I have over 100 hours of playtime and that I've been playing on CM for many years, but he claimed notes are more relevant and banned me.

The ban is only 3 hours, so this appeal likely won't be reviewed until the ban expires, but I don't mind. I just don't want to have a ban on my record for something I didn't intend to do.

I'd like to point out that she's the one who started punching me randomly. I shot her by accident. Stuff like this is likely to happen when you start assaulting someone in the middle of the frontlines; we were only a few tiles away from the xenos. I really don't think that I'm the one in the wrong here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to attach a screenshot of the logs and location in this post, but my game closed and I couldn't get back in because of the ban.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cannot appeal bans less than 3 hours, if you feel the Staff Member acted improperly, you need to file a Staff Report against them.

Resolved - Denied.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???