Byond ID?
    Doctor Compy

CM Character?
    Madeline �Compy� Czech

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    CST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Week days I am usually in between 4pm-10pm and on weekends I am on and off throughout the days.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Used to play a lot of Bay12 but switched to CM overtime

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Nope

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Absolutely

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Check the shooters notes to see if this is a first offense and if not leave a note and let it remain IC.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Direct them to make a player report.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Direct them to a Mentor.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Attempt to politely ask them to stop and inform him that this is a rule break and if this does continue ask another staff to deal with the situation.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check the player�s notes to see if this has been a repeated offense and if not simply tell them to change their name after the round is over and leave a note.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Check notes to see if their has ever been a problem with the player and if not simply let it be a IC issue.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Confirm to see if this claim is true and if not leave a note on the survivor and possible job ban if this has been a repeated offense. If not tell the marine that the survivor has the right to be hostile.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Inform the MP how marine law works and if this hasn�t been an issue in the past simply let it be.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Let it be. I am not entirely sure that moderators have the right to effect the round so I would just ask an admin on what to do.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp the situation and let another Staff member deal with the problem.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Tell the CLF that EORG only counts towards killing a friendly and since that the CLF were hostile it is fair game to kill them even at round end.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    See if the marine that is disrupting the round has any notes on that involve situations like this and if not leave a note and let them know that they are disrupting the round and need to stop. If they do have notes depending on how severe they are I would apply a short term ban.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Check logs to see what had happened and see if it was proper escalation. If it was proper escalation leave it IC and if not inform the murder that it is a rule break and see if there has been any other notes relating to this and go on from there.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Inform them that they do need a confirmation to start a mutiny and if they do I would allow it but remind them that in the future they need confirmation before they storm CIC and possibly leave notes.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Inform the player that minor racism for RP reasons is alright and if they are truly that offend direct them to player report.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban the player and inform my superior of the situation and pull logs out and give them to my superior.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Check the player�s notes to see if there has been any other problems relating to this and if not inform the player that this is a rule break and leave a note. If this has been a repeated rule break job ban them and direct them to ban appeals.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Check the player�s notes to see if this has been a problem in past and if not inform them that this is a rule break and to not do it again while also leaving a note. If it has been simply inform them not to do it again, and if they refuse jobban them.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform the ahelping player that isn�t a rule break and that the hivemind is simply a interpretation of what they are seeing.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Considering the new RP rules we now have inform the ahelping player that they do have basic knowledge of the Xenomorph.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I�d let it remain a IC issue because from my experience it does seem fair.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Inform another staff member of the situation and leave it from there.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell him that they are out of luck and that Byond always wins.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Inform the other staff member that they had made a mistake and correct them.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Inform a superior of the situation and let it be at that.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I have always enjoyed helping people.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Keeping your cool in tough situations, being charismatic, and knowing how to be fair but also strict.

Anything else you
    Nope.
    Last edited by Doctor Compy; 10-06-2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Made a few grammar errors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing noteworthy bad from what I can see. But I�m a dev and former mod so I�ll stick to your character.

I can easily vouch for their character and say they would be a great person to work alongside on the staff team, they�re pretty active on the discord as well.

Good luck getting reviewed by the current moderation team but I�m sure given your amazing attitude you�ll get through smoothly.

Additionally I can say their active playtime on the server is really high on a weekly basis. I won�t say exact time but it�s definitely more than enough for moderation.

Alongside that their notes are completely clean for the past 5 months with what appears to be no problems from them otherwise.
    Last edited by Aceluke; 10-07-2019 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Additional notes
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceluke View Post
    Nothing noteworthy bad from what I can see. But I�m a dev and former mod so I�ll stick to your character.

I can easily vouch for their character and say they would be a great person to work alongside on the staff team, they�re pretty active on the discord as well.

Good luck getting reviewed by the current moderation team but I�m sure given your amazing attitude you�ll get through smoothly.
    Thank you Aceluke, I do my best to remain charismatic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gonna go over some of the answers

2.Correct but also gathering any evidence about what happened for the council is helpful along with this.

4.Players don't get to pick and choose who handles their ahelp whichever mod marks it is the one they get if they don't like how ya handle it that's what staff report is there for.

9.Mods are allowed to tell the xenos to "hurry it up" in QM if it looks like they're delayying

16.Ya don't really need to inform higher ups about this just smack the guy with a 7 day ban + perma request

I've seen you around but haven't really interacted with you but looking at last month's playtime and your note history I think giving you a shot at a trial and being part of our team would be a wonderful idea +1

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answers are generally acceptable, but bare-bones at best, you tell me what you would do but there is no explanation as to why you would do this. I'm going to withhold judgement for now, and await the opinions of my fellow moderators. I will also give you 2-3 additional questions when I get the time to write them up.

One thing I'll address now however;

"A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Considering the new RP rules we now have inform the ahelping player that they do have basic knowledge of the Xenomorph."

Answer this as if we aren't in Expected Contact at the moment. Additionally, even within Expected Contact there is no evidence xenos are on the planet, only pre-existing knowledge of how they operate/what they are.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Your answers are generally acceptable, but bare-bones at best, you tell me what you would do but there is no explanation as to why you would do this. I'm going to withhold judgement for now, and await the opinions of my fellow moderators. I will also give you 2-3 additional questions when I get the time to write them up.

One thing I'll address now however;

"A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Considering the new RP rules we now have inform the ahelping player that they do have basic knowledge of the Xenomorph."

Answer this as if we aren't in Expected Contact at the moment. Additionally, even within Expected Contact there is no evidence xenos are on the planet, only pre-existing knowledge of how they operate/what they are.
    Thank you for responding, and if you would like me to go into more detail on my answers I will do so.

As for your question. It would be a Rule 2 or 6 break, the player had given out information they are not supposed to be holding and have broken role play standards. I would inform them of their wrong doings and apply a note for future references. If this has been a serious problem before hand I would look through notes and find an acceptable punishment for the rule break.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheeks View Post
    Just gonna go over some of the answers

2.Correct but also gathering any evidence about what happened for the council is helpful along with this.

4.Players don't get to pick and choose who handles their ahelp whichever mod marks it is the one they get if they don't like how ya handle it that's what staff report is there for.

9.Mods are allowed to tell the xenos to "hurry it up" in QM if it looks like they're delayying

16.Ya don't really need to inform higher ups about this just smack the guy with a 7 day ban + perma request

I've seen you around but haven't really interacted with you but looking at last month's playtime and your note history I think giving you a shot at a trial and being part of our team would be a wonderful idea +1

Thank you for informing me on what my answers should look like, and I do hope to interact with you in the future.
    Last edited by Doctor Compy; 10-07-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally have never seen or noticed you myself but that's not too big of a thing.
    From your answers lacking in great detail and from your lack of investigation and knowledge of our rules in some key areas I can't willingly accept this application. I'll have to say to read our rules again, look at other apps and try again in a month.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    I personally have never seen or noticed you myself but that's not too big of a thing.
    From your answers lacking in great detail and from your lack of investigation and knowledge of our rules in some key areas I can't willingly accept this application. I'll have to say to read our rules again, look at other apps and try again in a month.
    Thank you for replying. I am quite active in the discord if you want to interact with me at all.

As for my answers lacking detail I do apologize. I don�t read other apps because then it doesn�t feel like it was 100% me which I have tendency to keep. I am familiar with the rules and if you could please explain which key areas I am lacking I would like to improve on those areas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like the echo the statements of Daturix. You are not very well known and the application could use work. I noticed you were just accepted as a mentor, I suggest you focus on that. You are not ready to be a mod at this time.