Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Compy - Moderator Application

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffith78 View Post
    I would like the echo the statements of Daturix. You are not very well known and the application could use work. I noticed you were just accepted as a mentor, I suggest you focus on that. You are not ready to be a mod at this time.

Thank you for responding. As I have said before I am quite active in the discord and on CM.

As for the answers lacking the reasoning behind them I do apologize. As for being a mentor it is just a community role and requires little to no effort in doing and I don�t really see how it effects me on getting mod.

If you would also explain the key areas I am lacking in I would appreciate it so I can improve on those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    Thank you for replying. I am quite active in the discord if you want to interact with me at all.

As for my answers lacking detail I do apologize. I don�t read other apps because then it doesn�t feel like it was 100% me which I have tendency to keep. I am familiar with the rules and if you could please explain which key areas I am lacking I would like to improve on those areas.
    I was on my phone at the time of initial reply, I'll go over the points in detail here.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Direct them to make a player report.
    The player is ahelping to clarify an issue, and you seemingly say "lol I ain't handling this, go make a report." to them. Would you not even check it out yourself? See if its an issue worthy of a report. You'd be a moderator, the person who deems when and whats an issue.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Attempt to politely ask them to stop and inform him that this is a rule break and if this does continue ask another staff to deal with the situation.
    Do not give them to another staff, they are stuck with you and admin shopping is against rules. If they don't like what's going on because they're being rude, they can make a staff report.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check the player�s notes to see if this has been a repeated offense and if not simply tell them to change their name after the round is over and leave a note.
    Mods have the ability to change names.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Inform the MP how marine law works and if this hasn�t been an issue in the past simply let it be.
    This situation is breaking ML outright and to allow a wrong arrest to perma to go on, basically taking a player, someone who could be you out of the round for an hour or two is not good. Trespass, or theft can be applied as the charge as only 1 charge can be set per crime, which both are max at 30 minutes, resisting arrest can stack ontop of any charge, with one charge making it 40 minutes. This is not the 60 minutes required for perma. You tell that MP of the correct times, requirements, to read ML again and to set the proper time and warn+note.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Let it be. I am not entirely sure that moderators have the right to effect the round so I would just ask an admin on what to do.
    While this can be chalked up to not playing xeno but basically every single round that this happens, we QM the xenoes to charge. Don't let a round drag out when its less than 5 xenos.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp the situation and let another Staff member deal with the problem.
    Your ckey is doctor Compy, odd that you wouldn't try to help educate or inform the player IC'ly to handle it at all.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Check logs to see what had happened and see if it was proper escalation. If it was proper escalation leave it IC and if not inform the murder that it is a rule break and see if there has been any other notes relating to this and go on from there.
    The question states outright that, the escalation was, punch to murder. There's no proper escalation here whatsoever. Warn+note, if there's a note already, up to you to jump that to a ban or be kind and get a second warning and note that next is ban outright.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Inform them that they do need a confirmation to start a mutiny and if they do I would allow it but remind them that in the future they need confirmation before they storm CIC and possibly leave notes.
    You mention nothing about what you'd do about the current improper mutiny, they don't ahelp the question states, do you not warn them, what if they continue with the mutiny and ignore you?

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban the player and inform my superior of the situation and pull logs out and give them to my superior.
    7 Day ban, file for perma. Would you not aheal the marines that were killed? It was clear grief, and it'll take awhile for them all to be revived and part of their round fucked over and nothing gets fixed?

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Check the player�s notes to see if there has been any other problems relating to this and if not inform the player that this is a rule break and leave a note. If this has been a repeated rule break job ban them and direct them to ban appeals.
    This is pretty cut and dry, first offense a note, they do it a second time it's a job ban. This is not something that should ever easily happen. Only reasons larva will be near marines is if they bust into the hive, (not near frontlines as the question states) or if they burst in the marines area which is clear.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Check the player�s notes to see if this has been a problem in past and if not inform them that this is a rule break and to not do it again while also leaving a note. If it has been simply inform them not to do it again, and if they refuse jobban them.
    So earlier you state the salty player is breaking a rule, presumably you mean being a dick?, yet here you jobban them for an issue they refuse to listen to a admin if I get this right, a ban is proper while a jobban is not unless the xeno is refusing the queen constantly. Jobbans are for things strictly and only relating to the job,

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I�d let it remain a IC issue because from my experience it does seem fair.
    While this does happen to quality RP quite often, would you not investigate to see if this was plain old "i want on pod, i kill you"? Would you not check logs, speak to the players?

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Inform another staff member of the situation and leave it from there.
    Ignore this, why instigate the issue further, the game produces salt, if you respond back they'll continue. If it's overwhelming spam in dsay, then give a 3h timeout.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell him that they are out of luck and that Byond always wins.
    Not a fan of the wording here, seems rude. Accident happens and they die, and it's like a laugh like, "hah the game wins that you died"

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Inform the other staff member that they had made a mistake and correct them.
    You state that you point out the mistake and correct them. You do not inform them of the correct information? From the wording it leads me to believe you essentially say, "Hey, so the Marine shot another dead but there's no Xenos on the ship? No you need to ban them."

You don't seem to check all points of interest when there's an issue, while you say checking for history, or this or that, you don't say much of speaking to the players and seeing intent. Accidents happen and people lie but getting as much information to make the right decision is important. You seemingly lack that detail along with understanding the finer nuiances of the job of moderator, we're here to enforce rules, but to do so to keep things fun for the majority.
    While you are a recent mentor, I'd suggest you try again in a month as I said prior. -1

Also sorry Soldier, but he asked for it to be elaborated.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    I was on my phone at the time of initial reply, I'll go over the points in detail here.

You don't seem to check all points of interest when there's an issue, while you say checking for history, or this or that, you don't say much of speaking to the players and seeing intent. Accidents happen and people lie but getting as much information to make the right decision is important. You seemingly lack that detail along with understanding the finer nuiances of the job of moderator, we're here to enforce rules, but to do so to keep things fun for the majority.
    While you are a recent mentor, I'd suggest you try again in a month as I said prior. -1

Also sorry Soldier, but he asked for it to be elaborated.
    No need to apologize, I asked for the areas that I had missed and I got that. Though I wish it was put into nicer words but we don�t always get what we want.

Thank you for pointing out the areas I am lacking and I see now how much my wording and detail had affected my actually knowledge of moderating. If I do fail to make this app and reapply in 30 days I shall be sure to put more detail into the questions and be sure to show more of my knowledge.

I also wasn�t fully aware of the power a mod has and what their proper limitations are, so thank you for clarifying that.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although this app is lacking in detail, you are a good player and from what I see, you have a good reputation. I don't see problems with this going on a trial, since you seem to understand what to do.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When this popped off, i was smiling and giggling. You're one of the few players that i would actually trust to be a moderator.

However, i am disappointed by the points that Daturix shown, I don't know if your lack of will to investigate is yours or it's because you didn't knew that moderators acutally have to investigate situations, which brings me to another point, you're NOT a shittler and you're here for quite a while and have only a FEW notes.

You have the will, you understand the rules but you're lacking some points, I can't support you at this time which makes me sad, But i am willingly to support you on your future applications providing that your answers change.

Read up our accepted applications, read more our rules and you will have a chance on the future.

I am looking forward to see you in the team, but with your current application i have to give a -1
    Last edited by Hunk1; 10-09-2019 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Typos
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    When this popped off, i was smiling and giggling. You're one of the few players that i would actually trust to be a moderator.

However, i am disappointed by the points that Daturix shown, I don't know if your lack of will to investigate is yours or it's because you didn't knew that moderators acutally have to investigate situations, which brings me to another point, you're NOT a shittler and you're here for quite a while and have only a FEW notes.

You have the will, you understand the rules but you're lacking some points, I can't support you at this time which makes me sad, But i am willingly to support you on your future applications providing that your answers change.

Read up our accepted applications, read more our rules and you will have a chance on the future.

I am looking forward to see you in the team, but with your current application i have to give a -1
    Thank you Hunk1, and my lack of investigating is that I just hadn't properly written my app so now looking back it seems that I have no idea what I am doing.

I do appreciate the kind words and I will be sure to put more detail into my future mod app so it shows that I actually care and understand moderating.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Hunk said you have potential, I cannot really add anything else that has not been said. Continue your good work as mentor( I have watched you do a good job helping a few players). Apply again next month with the feedback given and I will be happy to give you +1 at that time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. I am on the fence about this one. The answers are lacking in details and some are wrong. But I can see the potential, as stated.

I have a question for you:

You see a synth drag a paincrit lurker to weeds for them to heal, and runs back, without saying a word. The xeno later clearly avoids the synthetic, and does not attack them when they have an opportunity. What do you gather from this info, how would you go about solving the potential issue and what do you determine should be done about it?

Answer my question in detail, and I will cast my vote.
    Last edited by Dorkkeli; 10-09-2019 at 05:13 PM.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Alright. I am on the fence about this one. The answers are lacking in details and some are wrong. But I can see the potential, as stated.

I have a question for you:

You see a synth drag a paincrit lurker to weeds for them to heal, and runs back, without saying a word. The xeno later clearly avoids the synthetic, and does not attack them when they have an opportunity. What do you gather from this info, how would you go about solving the potential issue and what do you determine should be done about it?

Answer my question in detail, and I will cast my vote.
    Well, it would appear to be a rule 6 break with a few exceptions from my understanding and that being a survivor synthetic but it is in a gray area so I would consult the staff and council about it.

If it is an Synthetic from the Almayer they may not assist the Xenomorphs in any way. I would look through notes to see if there is any notes about meta communicating in the past and check the ckeys of both the synth and Xeno to see if they have had interactions like this in the past. I would speak with the Synthetic then to see if they realize they had broken a rule and inform them that they had broken their Synthetic programming. I would then bring logs and the data I have collected to the Synthetic council. I would also speak with the Xenomorph why the Synthetic had dragged them to the weeds and if notes are clean of meta communication I would leave a note of possible meta comming with the synthetic. If there has been notes relating to the rule 6 break I would just go from what the notes have been saying.

Now if it was a synthetic survivor, it would all depend on the events that had taken place in the past with the synthetic interacting with the Xenos. If the synth remains neutral from my interpretation of the synthetic guidelines I didn�t really see anything that countered synths from dragging Xenos to safety if there was of course RP reason to do so. I would inform them that when they do help the Xenos it is in a gray area and they should stop doing it in the future. But if there is notes relating to this situation I would inform the Synthetic council and bring logs to them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    snipsnap
    Great answer, all around.

The issue at hand is that it's potentially both a server rulebreak, for metacomms, and synthetic guideline break for assisting the xenoes.
    In this situation, you treat it as a metacommunication first and foremost, deal that as you deem necessary according to notes and testimonies, and you bring it to attention of the WL council.

Contrary to popular belief, the synthvivor can't assist the xenoes in any capacity, apart from fluff RP and acting as a translator. Dragging them and saving them from marines breaks this. This is a nitpick, but still worthy to note.

I'm going to go ahead and give this a +1 due to the quality of the answer and the application in general.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho