Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: >> Quick Questions Thread <<

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjia View Post
    Anyone know what's causing this ungodly lag. Cm has had more then 200 players in the very recent past (i.e.) one or two months ago, but I don't remember it lagging this much.
    CM had 200 players month, or two ago? Dementia is kicking in my memory, or it's not true. SSeth video dragged new players, thanks to them CM have lag and 200 set as highpop and 100 as lowpop. Before it was something about 150 - 50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compared to buckshot how much less damage does flechette do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjia View Post
    Compared to buckshot how much less damage does flechette do?
    Buckshot & Flechette have tradeoffs. Flechette will absolutely chunk xenos at midrange, whereas buckshot devastates pointblank. At PB, Flechette might do 20% less damage, but I'm not sure if it stuns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you delete attachments here in the forums?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been playing engineer more lately..

I like to carry the "electronics" pack, but usually throw away the airlock card. Is there anyone who actually uses it to build an airlock? Why?

Can I charge the 0% powerpacks I get when fixing power? Should I bother or just throw them out?

Is there any way to build an exterior light? Like so the FOB doesnt have to rely on flares on some maps?

Do any of you actually build interior lights/fix lights? I think its pretty good to get rid of some of the dark spots, but I dont think I've seen anyone else ever do that.

Thanks all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had to repair/create an airlock as a Engineer/Synth on the ground. I don't see a reason to make an airlock when plasteel barricades exist.

By powerpacks do you mean the smartgunner powerpacks?

You can make a wall mounted light, you'd have to either build or find a wall to make the light, and it would be very easy for it to be taken out by a xeno.

I generally try to repair internal lights in areas secured by the Marines (such as nexus or hydro), since this grants far greater visibility and during the heat of the moment xenos might ignore the repaired APC/Lights initially.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a guide anywhere (ingame or out) that shows the weight of marine's equipment?

I assume that it is weight + armor that controls your movespeed?

Is there a guide anywhere that has a bunch of loadouts? (I have seen a few in various posts). I know everything about being a medic but cannot figure out how to equip a machete.
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 04-16-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Is there a guide anywhere (ingame or out) that shows the weight of marine's equipment?

I assume that it is weight + armor that controls your movespeed?

Is there a guide anywhere that has a bunch of loadouts? (I have seen a few in various posts). I know everything about being a medic but cannot figure out how to equip a machete.
    The only factor to your movespeed is armor. Light, Medium and Heavy slow you down exactly as much as you'd expect from the name, while no armor is fastest.

Machete scabbard goes to the back slot, which means dragging the satchel/backpack out of the slot first, then placing it there. I think it goes to the suit slot too, but you're better off using it for a gun.

As for loadouts, you should head to Guides and then fill it up with experience and preference.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    The only factor to your movespeed is armor. Light, Medium and Heavy slow you down exactly as much as you'd expect from the name, while no armor is fastest.

Machete scabbard goes to the back slot, which means dragging the satchel/backpack out of the slot first, then placing it there. I think it goes to the suit slot too, but you're better off using it for a gun.

As for loadouts, you should head to Guides and then fill it up with experience and preference.
    Seriously?? It is ONLY armor? Why would anyone ever go with a submachine gun over an m4 if not for the weight?

Why dont more people use backpacks?

That seriously blows and is the opposite of what you would think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, one thing I forgot to mention is that guns slow you down when wielded two-handed.

SMG slows you down less than the M4, but is otherwise inferior.

Backpacks need you to take the backpack off to access, which is inconvenient for a lot of situations.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere