User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: >> Quick Questions Thread <<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    This means they are bolted. You would have to bring back the power to the door and then unbolt it with hacking.
    Door bolts are basically like key lock in normal doors, they prevent opening the door by anyone. This serves many purposes on other servers (which I suggest playing first, then switching to CM13, otherwise you will find BYOND boring, unless you are benomain), on CM it means that benos won't be able to open such doors and they have to melt it. Marines can also shoot it with guns and it will also break. Bolting doors doesn't affect hacking in any way.
    Actually I am pretty sure if it says the "motors resist your effort" the airlock is powered and you do not have access.
    EDIT: The colony may not have power, but that areas APC may still have some. Doors are controlled by the environment circuit in an Area Power Controller, the last circuit that will be turned off as it runs out of power, after lights and equipment

If the bolts are down, it will say "the airlocks bolts prevent it from being forced".

To crowbar a door it must have no power, and the bolts up. This includes xenos prying it open

To open a door normally, it must have power, bolts must be up and your ID must have the access requirements for that door.

An airlock can only have its bolts lifted with power

An airlock can have its bolts dropped without power. Useful for stopping xenos as survivor, but without power the door will not be able to be opened again.
    Last edited by Bad_Apple; 08-08-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    Neuro spit is directed at one person, where as the air splash hits every mob within 1 tile of where it explodes/lands.
    Thanks! That's pretty cool actually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to play SO regularly in order to learn the workings of CIC and I was wondering if there was a wiki page or some information regarding Bioscans? It seems very valuable information to know how many hostiles you're up against yet many of my XO's and CO's never seem to utilize it and I can't find much information on it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacharino View Post
    I've been trying to play SO regularly in order to learn the workings of CIC and I was wondering if there was a wiki page or some information regarding Bioscans? It seems very valuable information to know how many hostiles you're up against yet many of my XO's and CO's never seem to utilize it and I can't find much information on it.
    ares is working on the bioscanand you as a command role player can't do anything about it but to wait every bioscan.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 08-11-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    ares is working on the bioscanand you as a command role player can't do anything about it but to wait every bioscan.
    So no player can actually 'call' a bioscan? It just happens automatically by the ship AI? How come some games it happens multiple times and some it doesn't ever?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bioscan happens every 30 mins. First one an hour in. Plus a few triggered by black dev magic. Unless that changed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacharino View Post
    So no player can actually 'call' a bioscan? It just happens automatically by the ship AI? How come some games it happens multiple times and some it doesn't ever?
    yeah that how it works

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bioscans are automatically performed at an interval dependent on the number of hostiles, if I recall correctly.

The less hostiles, the more often there is a bioscan to assist in hunting down any remaining xenos.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm a relatively new player. You may have run into my character recently Thomas 'Oops' Moore (I have fired my gun more on accident than trying to take down a bug). I have read the wiki and have 4 games as a cm and 3 as xeno. They were short to day the least. I need help.

I feel undergunned with the basic rifleman kit. Any recommendations?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crafty1983 View Post
    Hi, I'm a relatively new player. You may have run into my character recently Thomas 'Oops' Moore (I have fired my gun more on accident than trying to take down a bug). I have read the wiki and have 4 games as a cm and 3 as xeno. They were short to day the least. I need help.

I feel undergunned with the basic rifleman kit. Any recommendations?
    Attachements are all you need.