October 6, 2019
    Your Character Name?
    Queen
    Their BYOND Key
    Awan
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    ~4:30 EST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server.
    Description of the incident
    The survivors were given a fort north of LZ-1, with grenades, ammo, weapons - including 2 MGs - which I'm told did less damage, but they're still machine guns none the less- and other supplies like surgical equipment (there was a synth survivor). In return the xenos were given a single SSD boiler, and a stack of eggs. This was unbalanced for the xenos, which basically denied us several survivor captures early in the round.
    Evidence
    https://gyazo.com/cab11f1d0c83d6d483a15f17bb4d5ee0 - Fort after it was eventually breached.
    How you would punish the accused
    Simply inform them to do better in balancing events, if they wish to do any in the future.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimike View Post
    Staff Report
    Your BYOND Key
    Minimike1220
    Date of Incident
    October 6, 2019
    Your Character Name?
    Queen
    Their BYOND Key
    Awan
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    ~4:30 EST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server.
    Description of the incident
    The survivors were given a fort north of LZ-1, with grenades, ammo, weapons - including 2 MGs - which I'm told did less damage, but they're still machine guns none the less- and other supplies like surgical equipment (there was a synth survivor). In return the xenos were given a single SSD boiler, and a stack of eggs. This was unbalanced for the xenos, which basically denied us several survivor captures early in the round.
    Evidence
    https://gyazo.com/cab11f1d0c83d6d483a15f17bb4d5ee0 - Fort after it was eventually breached.
    How you would punish the accused
    Simply inform them to do better in balancing events, if they wish to do any in the future.
    In my opinion it was quite balanced.
    The xeno's only barely managed to not get the last survivors.
    Over half of the survivors did not make it by death or capture.
    You got an early t3 who could siege it and did so poorly in my opinion.
    I am not saying I could have done it better or insulting someone but it was not working out that well.
    You are not entitled to survivor captures. (No one can tell you how many of those you would have gotten.) And there were extra survivors in there who could be captured.
    Yes, I gave them supplies because moving them means they cannot get to weapons, metal or anything else.
    In the end the losses were not great either.
    A sentinel who got caught out.
    A runner after a survivors had lost someone already. Who jumped over the cades.
    And last a ravager that jumped the cades.
    And you still got the 15 eggs and as I got told at least 1 capture alive. I saw you take multiple people but I got told at least 1 died underway.

How to become senior dev.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked to Awan and others regarding the event and there was no rule break here. While he was informed that while he likely overcompensated the survivors in ways, nothing he did broke a rule or seriously impacted round balance. Xenos do not win or lose rounds based on capturing survivors or not, nor are they entitled to capturing survivors. The Xenos were given a warning the survivors were more dangerous than usual and if you didn't want to risk fighting them, all you had to do was not have the hive attack them. If you're going to willingly try to assault the survivors, the consequences of that are your own.

This was all minor at best, but everything here was addressed. Resolved.