Predator Whitelist Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Mizolo

Marine Name
    Anekcahap Volkov

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Kainde Vayuh'ta

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Extensively, yes

Yautja Character Story
    He crawled into his pod, and headed for the surface. Initial scans showed serpents milling about at this particular planet; worthy prey for any hunt undertaken. Upon landing, he got out and quickly headed towards the temple marked on his bio-mask in the hot, dense jungle.

Kainde lurked and pounced from the trees, searching for a target of opportunity. Remaining completely still to not disrupt his cloaking, he scanned the ground, looking for signs of disturbance in the underbrush: broken twigs, slash marks in tree trunks. Slowly, he found a pattern of claw marks and a pair of tracks leading to a single direction. He methodically traveled across the lower canopy of the jungle, careful not to leave behind his scent or any identifiers he was there. Near a clearing, he spotted two serpents of a defensive caste. They were moving in a distinct pattern, as if on patrol for specific threats. Noticing the temple a distance away, Kainde gathered that there must be something of value to the serpents there, such as a matriarch, or a sub-hive of some kind. He would have to be cautious. He wanted to claim these serpents as a trophy, but caution must be exercised: two serpents would make a fine challenge, but bringing down the wrath of an entire hive would be...inconvenient. He quickly and silently moved to a point near to where the serpents were patrolling, and set up a sonic mine for a distraction.

He then set up another trap a decent ways away from the diversion one. Kainde determined that if he brought down the wrath of a hive, he would want something to slow their advance while he evaded their pursuit.

He silently went into position in a nearby tree, staying still as to not alert the serpent patrol, then detonated his sonic diversion mine.

The serpents, predictably, ran towards the sound and right past his tree as he watched from the canopy of the jungle.

Kainde jumped down from the tree and uncloaked, showing himself as he drew his blade. The serpents screeched and one pounced towards him. He nimbly dodged out of the way and punished the serpent for it�s error by slashing deep into the side of its body. The serpent seemed to become extremely agitated as it turned around quickly and attempted to pounce on Kainde. However, Kainde was quick on his feet as he dodged out of the way and slashed the opposite side of the serpent.

The second serpent seemed to be looking for opportunities to strike, and found one. It whipped it�s tail viciously at Kainde as it scrapped along his bio-mask, nearly disabling it and ripping it off.

The first serpent turned around quickly, but did not strike. It seemed weakened from the slashes and hesitated but for a moment. Kainde was the one who struck first this time, but did so with a feint. The serpent dodged out of the way, but Kainde knew it was going to evade. Thinking ahead, and instead of lunging for a full attack, he put the front of his foot on the ground and lept again to where the serpent was now. He lunged forward with the blade and sunk it deep into the serpent's skull as it screeched and collapsed.

The second serpent, seeming to catch on that it was fighting a losing battle, attempted a desperate gamble by putting all of its weight into a full contact headbutt into Kainde�s torso.

Kainde was surprised at such a desperate maneuver, and was not expecting such force when it connected with a direct hit, sending him to the ground. However, as his bones creaked and flesh spiked with pain, Kainde impaled the serpent with his sword, and repeatedly slashed and stabbed with his now-deployed wrist blades. The serpent wailed and writhed as all life left its body.

Kainde pulled out the first serpents� spines with ease, and took it as a trophy.

However, the battle wasn't over. He heard screeches and hisses coming from inside the temple. He expected this would happen, and had planned his escape early on. He saw some of the faster serpents as other ones held back and defended the temple where the matriarch was.

He continued to tactically retreat, keeping the location of his trap he set up earlier in his mind.

There were 3 more serpents coming after him, 2 of the more nimble castes, and 1 of larger combat castes, evolved to specialize in removing limbs and carving flesh. This would be a losing fight within close quarters.

He sprinted towards his cloaked pod in the hot, humid jungle as he glanced behind him. The serpents were right over his sonic mine.

He braced himself for the ear-piercing result of the sonic mine�s detonation as he continued to dash towards his goals. Kainde knew his gambit was successful by the three different sounds of the serpents shrieking in agony.
    He leaped into his pod quickly, and took off towards his clan ship, pleased with the results from his successful hunt.

How do you intend to play your predator?
    I intend to play my Predator as an �Opportunistic Trapper�, where I use misdirection and decoys of a sort to lure prey into an ambush, and use traps to slow down pursuers as I take my claimed trophy away from potential rescuers.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I believe by bringing a trapping-type predator to the table, it would make the game more interesting.
    Though many predators are opportunistic and do hit and run, not many predators play on prey�s urge to retaliate, forcing marines and xenos to be cautious when pursuing me.
    I also believe I can rise up to the High RP role that a predator requires, and as such I�ve been playing on baystation a lot recently.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you even playing the game?
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the past three months you've logged about less than 40 hours in game.
    Not active enough in my opinion, if you want this whitelist you need to be a bit more active in game
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-08-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played alien a lot recently.

I'll switch to marine more often.

As for hours ... I thought I've played a LOT more than that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In regards to playtime, I don't know about the last three months, but I remember this person as a longtime player. Considering I myself had a large break period of little to no CM around the summertime, I'd safely say I remember this person being a player since, eh, last year Fallish.

Take that as you will.

As for the application, I'm going to remain neutral, leaning to +1.
    Personally and it might just be me, it seems like honor code seems to make trapping seem pretty useless currently with its only bonus being the removal of certain prey in a group you aren't targeting and are ok with removing from the fight (as far as Honor Code is concerned) while going after your singular target. I hope that makes sense.
    Still, as an idea a trapping predator could be done I think. At least, to help distract and immobilize someone/something you don't want to hunt but is still near your main prey.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 01-08-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    In regards to playtime, I don't know about the last three months, but I remember this person as a longtime player. Considering I myself had a large break period of little to no CM around the summertime, I'd safely say I remember this person being a player since, eh, last year Fallish.

Take that as you will.

As for the application, I'm going to remain neutral, leaning to +1.
    Personally and it might just be me, it seems like honor code seems to make trapping seem pretty useless currently with its only bonus being the removal of certain prey in a group you aren't targeting and are ok with removing from the fight (as far as Honor Code is concerned) while going after your singular target. I hope that makes sense.
    Still, as an idea a trapping predator could be done I think. At least, to help distract and immobilize someone/something you don't want to hunt but is still near your main prey.
    YES, precisely what I was aiming for!

Trapping your INTENDED target is ... less than thrilling and requires little effort ... but I was indeed intending for it to be used to slow down other prey that try to get in the way.

As in terms of playtime, yes, I have been around since CLONING was still a thing, and yes I have been very busy with schoolwork and other activities, hence in October/November I did't have much play-time.
    Last edited by mizolo; 01-08-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�ll read through this in a bit and give my honest opinion.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story doesn't tell us much about your predator outside of how you want to hunt. Where's your pred's backstory, what motivates him, what are his goals and what things challenge him as a hunter and more importantly as a Yautja

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    The story doesn't tell us much about your predator outside of how you want to hunt. Where's your pred's backstory, what motivates him, what are his goals and what things challenge him as a hunter and more importantly as a Yautja

I've been told by many people, including current predators, that the backstory isn't a place to ramble about how unique/a snowflake a predator is or where he comes from, but rather emboldens his style and gives an example of how/where they play at and to what end.

This is my 6th predator application ... and every single one of them has people -1 the application because:
    The story was too long ... WAY too long or too short (hopefully I fixed this)
    Full of contradictions (Fixed)
    Editing/grammar errors (dear LORD I hope this is fixed because I spent 20 fucking dollars on a grammar-check program JUST for this)
    Snowflakey / irrelevant backstory (Taken care of by
    Not enough description of how I would play my predator

Apparently these multiple people AND multiple feedbacks are incorrect according to you.
    Forgive me for perhaps being rude and being a little bit angry, but I believe you are completely incorrect given the above.

I do not wish to offend you but ... seeing this response kinda made my blood boil.

Edit: After calming down a little bit, I DO see your point in having literally no BACK--backstory / snowflake flavor on my predator. If you wish, I can type some flavor into a little separate reply or edit the main post with an edit marker.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After watching you rant and lose your mind on a BR round because you were forced to play Queen. It seems that you're not fit for a role that has alot of power and I'm afraid that these "fits" may affect other players if you were to get pred

Proof: DEAD: Ancient Drone (141) says, "I'm not whining, and I DO NOT have a problem with losing, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHORES LIKE YOURSELVES, TELLING ME THAT I'M BAD EVEN THOUGH I TRIED MY BEST!!! YOU WANNA KNOW WHY? BECAUSE I TRIED MY BEST AND NO-ONE GIVES ME CREDIT FOR IT"