User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Predator Whitelist Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You still have the same issues that got you denied.

The story is good, but not only are you still prone to outrages, you also haven't been playing at all. Fix these 2 issues and you might be able to make it.

For now, -1.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to remain neutral for now despite the claimed issue Christine brought up. Lots of context is lacking in that evidence let alone proof of the author, veracity, and honestly its kind of sketchy to me because of the no-context, accusing light its being shown in.

Personally, from what that claimed statement, I'm getting a vibe that its an angry response to likely a lot of salt about a situation the player got forced into for the sake of the round, but didn't want despite specifically expressing so. In short, a shit situation they didn't want that other people then are bitching at them for being in.

From my own personal experiences and the context of the claimed statement I'm reading into, the situation is an extremely shitty one that I can see happening to anyone... but in its one-sentence, copy-paste, no other text form, has absolutely no context and as such looks extremely shitty on the accused individual...despite having no proof.

I can also understand and sympathize with anyone in that situation. My current stance is going to remain neutral because the information given is, frankly, very small with no context let alone proof. Without other information I am not going to be presumptive enough to say the player has a "outrage" issue like other people are.

If that one line with no context or even proof proves Mizolo has a outrage issue, then everyone on CM does as well.
    If you still can't read in between the lines. I'm calling it out as bullshit for now and personally not buying it as is.

An explanation I suppose would be a good start if it did happen.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 01-13-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... please allow me to retort to the above:

I do not have a problem with losing. I never have.
    I did not have a problem with being queen, even though I didn't want to.
    I did not get angry BECAUSE I was queen.

Retaliatory statements:
    1: The accusation is completely incorrect given the provided details. The players made me mad by berrating me with things I should have done differently and how poorly I played, not the game itself.
    2: I play regularly without outbursts besides that one. If you choose not to notice me when i'm not in an outburst, that is your fault.
    3: I don't see how this is even relevant to the current predator application because this is just criticism of me as a person.
    4: Thank you Vispanius for being incredibly kind and possibly saving my predator application.
    Last edited by mizolo; 01-14-2019 at 05:26 PM.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I'm going with a -1 on this. Don't believe we can trust you with being a Predator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that you were criticized for not having performed well in a round, but that does not justify retaliating against other players in such an aggressive way. Mizolo, you need to control your anger and be less hostile when judged, ignoring insults and accepting constructive criticism.

Your application was decent, however generical your quirk may have been. My main problem before the issue brought up by DriedMilk was your activity, but I see that you have been improving it since you posted your app.

I conclude that your application was decent, but you are not yet prepared to be whitelisted because of your recent outburst. Predators will ALWAYS be criticized and called out, and it is our duty to accept this with leniency and an open mind no matter the case.

I wish you good luck. If your app isn't approved this time, strive to learn how to take criticisms and judgments, no matter how harsh they may be, and I'm sure you will be accepted eventually. -1
    Man'sur, Cetanu's Al'nagara| Pedro 'Nescau' Heering

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizolo View Post

I've been told by many people, including current predators, that the backstory isn't a place to ramble about how unique/a snowflake a predator is or where he comes from, but rather emboldens his style and gives an example of how/where they play at and to what end.

This is my 6th predator application ... and every single one of them has people -1 the application because:
    The story was too long ... WAY too long or too short (hopefully I fixed this)
    Full of contradictions (Fixed)
    Editing/grammar errors (dear LORD I hope this is fixed because I spent 20 fucking dollars on a grammar-check program JUST for this)
    Snowflakey / irrelevant backstory (Taken care of by
    Not enough description of how I would play my predator

Apparently these multiple people AND multiple feedbacks are incorrect according to you.
    Forgive me for perhaps being rude and being a little bit angry, but I believe you are completely incorrect given the above.

I do not wish to offend you but ... seeing this response kinda made my blood boil.

Edit: After calming down a little bit, I DO see your point in having literally no BACK--backstory / snowflake flavor on my predator. If you wish, I can type some flavor into a little separate reply or edit the main post with an edit marker.
    Look, as long as your story doesn't read like hot garbage very few people are going to hack away at the grammar in your story as being the sole reason they -1 it. We understand this is the internet and not everyone is a Shakespere, but you need to put some flavor and creativity in to your character and story. Your story does nothing to tell me who your character is other than he is Generic Pred #10,871, and that's why I'm -1'ing your app.

I can't stress this enough, focus more on the intricacies of your pred other than the hunt. What's his family like? What god or goddess does he worship? Did something in his youth effect his growth in to an adult? How is he going to go about achieving his goals in life, et cetera.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst the story isn't the best of the best and won't win awards. I know how much you are trying to improve it and have managed to improve over the attempts you have made.

The only issue I have with giving you a shot at pred is your behavior and anger issues. Whilst I can sympathize with having these issues, I can't and won't be offering a +1 until I've seen a vast improvement.

Try to just... Not respond to people if they are calling you out in whatever you did and just ignore it? These are people who have no impact on you beyond what you let them, and if they see they are getting you angry they'll continue to mock/insult you.

Just ignore it and they won't have any ammo to use and you won't get angry over a huge unnecessary debate.

As a pred you will be under everyones scrutiny, if you are unable to just ignore criticism and lash out everytime in anger you will be a poor fit for the Present whitelist

Improve on that and you'll get my +1. But until then I'm going to have to give this app:

Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre-denying my application for the above concerns.

It seems my behavior is not adequate enough, even though multiple people act the same way.
    I also need to apparently provide BACK-backstory to my predator.
    I also apparently need to play more, even though I'm doing school.
    Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Pre-deny date & Hr:
    1/16/19
    17:30 GMT
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any reason to give my '-1' or my "+1" yet. What other people have pointed out are valid, you have a temper. You don't play much. If you decide to start putting in more hours, I'm all for giving you that +1, assuming you don't start flying off the handle as per usual.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did some checking around and this is apparently Mizolo's 6th attempt at making a Predator application. I'm not excusing his outbursts in Dchat or otherwise, but I'm guessing he's being defensive over the fact that it's his 6th attempt and he's interpreting his efforts are being written off, as it were. I'd personally say that he's put effort into the application, although he does need to tone it down and be more receptive to criticism and try not to let insults and etc get to him.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now