User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magnus Opus on Reasearch by Cory Paulson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kameron Hunter View Post
    For the record: Macho Sauce is 1x Condensed Capsaicin and 1x Souto Classic.

Potassium Chlorophoride is

1 u Potassium Chloride ( 1 Chlorine - 1 sodium - 2 potassium)
    1 u Phoron
    1 u Chloral Hydrate
    Thank you. I need to update guide. There is a lot of changes happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    This guide, plus my time in the game, made me realise that we rarely see mass produced research drugs is because the recipes for the rare good chems are very time consuming to make in mass quantities. often requiring chems that are not listed on the wiki or are time consuming to obtain.

Maybe if there was a mechanic where you could slowly synthesize research chems once you have reseached em.
    You can mass produce drugs, if you are lucky you can get plant with 10-90 units of drug. But you can't grow drugs with xeno blood as compound. That way I managed to mass produce Ultrazine and Glycerol. There is also super rare drug Twein or something like that, but I don't know if it something special or just random drug judjing from changelog.

Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    Nice guide, though I would change a tiny bit on the shrapnel nade part since they specifically made it so that Aluminum doesn't increase the shrapnel amount after the Satanizer period, so if you want shrapnels you're gonna have to stick with Iron.

There could be some stealth changes, so please correct me if I'm wrong
    You are right. Aluminum does nothing(Oxygen does nothing too). And toolbox bomb doesn't work anymore, if it worked at all. There is also limit on how many sharpnels you can have. Funny thing, you can get perfect sharpnel circle if you exploed shrapnel nade in something.(Or maybe you just need certain balance of components.) Also adding more Phosphorus, ChlorTri, Wielding Fuel, Thermite does nothing, If there are more fuel then Chemfire mix, you get little fire, if less same fire area as without fuel. Adding more fuel doesn't increase time or area effect, maybe increase burn effect, but I didn't tested it on monkeys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thwei's the Predator heal-all-chemical.

Good luck getting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, neurocryogenic effects can extend dead time up to 30 minutes, and two chems with the effect can stack.
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be brainlessly contributive
    I found a research paper that had stated unknown drug had the "hypoxemic" property (which I'm guessing means it caused the patient to take suffocation/respiratory damage)
    You should include more of these harmful effects in the drugs.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent guide
    Respond to it if you want this thread pinned

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a cool meme, using the plantseed-lysis centrifuge you can isolate the stats of a plant into genetic disks that you put into the machine, meaning if you have a plant with really low potency or yield but it has the chemical you want to mass produce you can take the potency or yield (or both) from a separate plant, and implant it into the seed of the plant that has the chemical.

The only issue is that you need to figure out what genetic tag corresponds to the stat of the plant, but that is easy enough if you just apply the disk to a different seed and see what stat changes using the plant analyzer on the modified seed packet. The genetic tags from the centrifuge are all the same for each different plant too, so once you figure it out using a control seed packet you can then take out the stats you want from different plants and implant it to make your ultra potency ultra yield ultrazine-corn.
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much point, it is impossible to distribute the chemicals after drop anyways you just need enough to analyse and you can get that by dumping 120u of mutagen ontop of a chilli plant. Botany is broken, no matter how badly you mistreat your green friends they won't die unless you flush the tray.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Paulson View Post
    This is a Guide on how to be a Robust Researcher.
    -snip- I'm gonna go through this post step by step later
    Alright, a few things that changed.
    1. Anti-Neurotoxin now takes 1 dylovene and 1 anti-neurotoxin.
    Praetorian ark Acidic Blood, Neurotoxin Plasma, Pheromone Plasma
    Praetorians no longer give Pheromone plasma and Neurotoxin plasma. They now give Dark Acidic Blood and Catecholemine Plasma.

Because you wanted it, I'm also going to go through all the grammar and stuff. I wholeheartedly understand English might not be your primary language. As we go through this, Bold is what I've changed. Italics are a more "Ehh" thought on it.

Magnus Opus on Reasearch by Cory Paulson
    "Magnus" should be "Magnum", "Reasearch" should be "Research".
    Synthesis Experimental Drugs.
    Should be "Synthesis of Experimental Drugs".

Chapter 1. Xenology. How to analyze Xeno blood and grow Xeno.
    Should be "Chapter 1: Xenology. How to analyze Xeno blood and grow Xenos"
    By doing Xeno research you can decrease Defcon by 2 levels. You can this by analysing liquids from Xeno corpses, draging corpses to containers and growing Xenos.
    "analysing" should be "analyzing", "draging" should be "dragging"

To analyze liquids from Xeno you need a Xeno corpse, empty beaker, syringe or IV drip.
    Really nitpicky here, but should be "you need an Xeno corpse, empty beaker, syringe, or an IV drip." A vs. An is a very messy rule for ESL speakers. This is because you'd think the X in Xeno would be a solid letter, but it's not in practice. Because of this, the e comes into play, making it sound better with "an"

Usually, a Xeno corpse has two or more unique liquid inside.
    "Usually, an Xeno has two or more unique liquids inside" This part also confused me at first, as I originally thought that the xenos should be have per species blood. This is not the case. That's on me honestly.

After you took blood
    After you take blood

Then put vial with 30 units of pure Xeno liquid in XRF(Advanced X-Ray Fluorescence Scanner)
    Then, put the vial containing 30 units of pure xeno plasma/blood in the XRF(Advanced X-Ray Fluorescence Scanner).

Each time you analyze unique Xeno liquid Defcon decrease by 5-10%.
    Each time you analyze a unique Xeno Blood/Plasma, the Defcon decreases by 5-10%.
    Be sure to make Anti-Neurotoxin(1 unit of Neurotoxin and 4 units of Dyvolven)
    Misspelled Dylovene.
    To grow Xeno you will need monkey and Egg. Put a monkey in the container and plant Egg, then wait. Healthy Xeno decrease Defcon, this is the only way to push Defcon to level 1.
    "To grow an Xeno, you will need a monkey in a containment cell and an egg, plant the Egg In the containment cell , then wait. Healthy Xenos decrease Defcon, this is the only way to push Defcon to level 1." Also I'd talk about how to hatch a monkey and the urgency to get the hell out of the cell so you're not the one becoming impregnated.

Pharmacology. Testing and growing drugs.
    Pharmacology: Testing and growing drugs
    Scanning drag in XRF machine decrease Defcon 1-3%.
    Drugs is misspelled. Decrease should be Decreases "Scanning drugs in the XRF machine for the first time decreases defcon by 1-3%
    You begin round with one Reaserch paper which tells you how to synthesis Level 1 Clearance drug, but it won't tell you what drug does.
    Research is misspelled. Synthesize should be synthesis. Grammatical errors. "You begin the round with one research paper which tells you how to synthesize a level 1 clearance drug, but it won't tell you what the drug does."
    To find out what it does you need to test drug on monkey or scan it on XRF machine (30 units of pure liquid).
    Minor grammatical errors. "To find out what it does, you need to test the drug on a monkey or scan it in the XRF machine (30 units of pure liquid)."
    XRF will tell you what Clearance Level you need in order to know what drug does.
    "The XRF will tell you what Clearance Level you need in order to know what the drug does."

I'm gonna finish up here and leave it for later. I gotta finish up the CMSS13 round and get some studying done. I see a lot of repeating common mistakes, so I'm just going to start throwing it at you in paragraphs.
    Ask CL to increase Level Clearance of XRF machine by scanning his id card on it. Now, if you scan drug again you will know what Level 1 Clearance drug do. As Defcon goes down, CL can increase your Clearance Level by one level, maxium Clearance Level is 4, but scanning Level 4 Clearance Drug doesn't give you full information about it.
    "Ask the CL to increase the Clearance Level of the XRF machine by scanning his ID card on it. Now, if you scan the drug again, you will know what the Level 1 Clearance drug does. As the Defcon goes down, the CL can increase your Clearance Level. The maximum Clearance Level you can achieve is level 4, but even if the XRF is upgraded to level 4, scanning a Level 4 Clearance Drug doesn't give you the full information about it on the report."
    Last edited by lunessia; 11-25-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    Excellent guide
    Respond to it if you want this thread pinned
    Would be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)