User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starsector(formerly Starfarer)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starsector(formerly Starfarer)

Best game so far to come out in indi development that stuck to its guns when it came to building a space game. If you wanna talk about tricks you found, mods you play go for it. I�ve been sitting on the game for some time and amazed at what�s progressed from it.

Made this because there was a lack of

An if you�ve not heard of it Seth�s video really put it out there for a lot of people to see.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arcturian? Order is kinda neat. More factions, weapons rebalanced, more weapons, hulls rebalanced, more hulls, more ship variants etc. Everything a man can dream of.

And my trick always is to go to Kumari Kandam? to trade at Chaldeon? by selling fuel and supplies. Their prices are so high you can buy stuff legaly and sell it with big profit. On top of that every other planet lacks patrols since they all raid eachother so black market trade yields no risks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried planet management with that mod yet? It�s a bitch and a half.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, I'm more of a Nomad because I hate all those big fucking raids from Pirates and Luddic Path (and Dredlords in mod). Untill I will get big fleet, I won't even try to establish one colony.
    Even if so, Combat makes it more than worth it since just combat is more than half of the game for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What really does it is the dreadlords, stations can�t handle them. Even high tech at level three.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because 90% of their ships have phase so stations waste firepower on those cloaked while rest shoots back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pmuch, but I wonder if you had the phase station if it would be the same way or worse?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually enjoy the mod, even if my worlds are constantly raided. I'm kicking it in 2 CIS droid control ships, and 2 Paragons I think. 7 Colonies but the main captail system has 3 of the worlds. My money went from hauling stuff to fucking flexing on Dredlord fleets and Allah's chosen fucking showing up to fight and die on my plants.

The stations I've been using are the Ararcon? or w.e. they are High tech ones. Those things have Heavy Apoc cannons or w.e. they are called which cut through the invader fleet capital ships and the missiles then wear down the bloody fucking phase ships.

However in fleet on fleet battle, Phase ships are such cancer I've decided the best way to fight them is too out fucking last them when it comes to flux things.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't tried Archean Order, but it sounds fun as heck.

Ive been using Nexerelin and a couple of factions mods to flesh out my playthroughs and its pretty damn good. Ive figured out all the ways to win though, so I think ill try the mod yall are playing instead.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    I haven't tried Archean Order, but it sounds fun as heck.

Ive been using Nexerelin and a couple of factions mods to flesh out my playthroughs and its pretty damn good. Ive figured out all the ways to win though, so I think ill try the mod yall are playing instead.
    It's fun indeed after going trough vanilla. However one thing is unbalanced: You can buy Onslaught from the get go from Archean Order faction on legal market. Just collect the cash by trading with Luddic Path and buy this monster.

Also a good tip: Collect as much Pillagers as you can. Even with maximum D-Mods they are cheap, powerfull and reliable.