Thread: Commander Rework

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commander Rework

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

The massive rework I intended on doing for CO's is more focused on the Marine Law/SOP aspect.

The clarifications of Pardons/BE's/Other CO Provisions.

The intent and purpose of this thread is for you guys to give ideas to make it more streamline and or improve on already basic things.

Don't be offended if we cant get your idea in personally but we do appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback.

My one and only rule for this thread. Is be respectful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * The problem of CM the ordinary players are going to complain if that Captain/Commander would follow the Marine law or being too much ingame.
    * No matter how good the Captain is or he/she is following marine law it's useless if Military police aren't competent enough to handle a case or charges.

I've remebered the days when I was a Captain, I follow marine law or being too much and still they're going to MUTINY you. After you are dead or round ended some people are going to bash or complain about for being the bad captain or stupid captain in CM.

For observing other COs, some of them doesn't really apply or follow marine law for themselves because they know that being a strict would bring them a big trouble in game like the MUTINY.

If Captain is following marine law and being strict.

Ordinary Players in OOC: Stop MEMEING as a Captain.

To improve: Players must be disciplined in game or just follow the orders of Captain.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe some minor changes in fluff stuff (law etc) is required, but what CO's, XO's, SO's and SL's need are permanent auras simillar to Queen/Prae pheromones and screeches.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah if you follow marine law to the letter you will actually die

ive done it before as Brett Tedrow and i caused some of the biggest mutinies just because i followed marine law to the letter (back when CO's were the bitch of the CMP's due to OOC rulings)

while the mutinies were fun, it did cause a lot of havoc and ended up in a "last warning" scenario told me to knock it off, so i don't think we want to encourage Marine Law CPT's unless you want mutinies to be a 1 every 3 round type deal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we are talking about Marine Law as it affects CO gameplay, can we have an idea what are the supposed Marine Law rework Lordington was working on? Maybe we can give a more up to date input on this when we have an idea

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO's need to be given some sort of buff skill. I don't know how you would do this though, maybe through a map interface where you could target specific units?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Marine Pheromones, I dont know how we can do that through overwatch like the queen. Without putting a strain on the devs.

The Issue Orders was recently buffed but if it was only my personal opinion. I'd like to see them persistent like that. Or maybe atleast XO and CO could so that its not OP that SL's have this nice buff constantly radiating.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with marine pheros is it buffs marine unga balls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    The problem with marine pheros is it buffs marine unga balls
    Well id hope they'd get a buff to their balls considering if your a PFC and you see the Captain of your entire ship is yelling for you to charge while in the thick of combat alongside you. Thats a real motivator right there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This game is becoming too focused on making the experience of the unga bungas better, and becoming competitive. Who cares? It's a derpy point and click adventure being run on a 15 year old Roleplaying platform. Anyone legitimately trying to play this game competitively is a for real unga brain.