Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commander Rework

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersdeKFC View Post
    This game is becoming too focused on making the experience of the unga bungas better, and becoming competitive. Who cares? It's a derpy point and click adventure being run on a 15 year old Roleplaying platform. Anyone legitimately trying to play this game competitively is a for real unga brain.
    Say that to benos... Oh wait! They can only try to be competitive by racking up kills. No RP, no rules, no anything. Whole argument is invalid just because other side exist. How to not be focused on making "mechanical/combat" gameplay experience for players better when entire side (25% each round for sure) can't (is not allowed/don't want/etc) do anything else?

There is as much as you can RP with ANOTHER exactly the same round. It's not normal SS13 station round where Janitor might be traitor, or that maintenance mime, who could join book club, or shapeshifting beast in grey jumpsuit.

As much as I hate Commanders with stupid quirk, I can atleast understand them that it's the only way to bring something fresh to the CiC and Briefing.
    Last edited by CABAL; 10-30-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well its meant to be a competitve TDM.

Marines should work together to kill xenos, Xenos work together to kill marines. That is the core of the gameplay from my understanding

Whilst I cant comment on the xeno side as I just only play it to kill stuff. Things can stale fast however for marines since it is just Us vs. Xenos every round with the occasional predators or event to break up the core gameplay. But that is why people still come here. I should try and encourage more roleplay but I dont want to force it as its a bad thing in my opinion.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    Well its meant to be a competitve TDM.

Marines should work together to kill xenos, Xenos work together to kill marines. That is the core of the gameplay from my understanding

Whilst I cant comment on the xeno side as I just only play it to kill stuff. Things can stale fast however for marines since it is just Us vs. Xenos every round with the occasional predators or event to break up the core gameplay. But that is why people still come here. I should try and encourage more roleplay but I dont want to force it as its a bad thing in my opinion.
    More refined events (and tools for admemes to set them up nice and quickly, then so that they can run themselfs).

Positive Notes for will to RP and RP good so that the admemes know who will not fuck up badly.

All that is needed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please, try to not focus on orders (as the ability). Some captains got the whitelist for the level 100 move order and do nothing but deploy at roundstart and play PFC++ with extra pheromones. Not against the rules, but it is incredibly jarring to have a round where command effectively does not exist because the CO deploys during the first drop, and either doesn't use announcements or announces stuff like "ETA" and nothing else.

You may also want to re-think the XO's role in CIC when a CO is awake. Most captains, myself included, cannot really put an XO anywhere. SOs have their squads, the CO does announcements and handles the computer, and the XO can... Stare at the tacmap, bring coffee, or deploy, essentially becoming a PFC++, again, with megaorders. The CO role kind of kills the XO role once it wakes up and if the XO tries to command, his orders often clash with the CO's. The game's pacing is too fast to have a second-in-command to effectively work, in my opinion.

Another thing is, tacmap or not, the CO barely knows what's groundside. SOs should tell him but they are either not doing so, they are doing so but clumsily, or, in the best case scenario, the CO just runs around in CIC like a poisoned rat, trying to check helmet cameras. It would be neat if the CO could click on the tacmap's little squares and see the helmet camera of that person's (provided they have one). That would give a use to the tacmap more than screenshotting it and gyazo-ing it to the entire marine force.

As for marine law, I don't think any rewrite will ever have an effect, unless serial insubordination becomes an OOC issue. As others have written it above, if a CO follows the marine law, they'll get mutinied, if not then why did we get this whitelist in the first place? Right, for being PFC++ and to outrank that one guy who picked XO. As for now, I cannot take the CO role seriously, neither when I see one nor when I play one. My word means nothing. My power is as much as competent my MPs are. Yes, I can BE but it's always 50-50% if I get forum reported for it and no, I don't want to deal with that.

Whatever you order, marines will just do whatever they want and then they'll throw shit at you at the end of the round for "losing it".

TL;DR: Without repeated staff intervention, I don't see CO orders becoming any more relevant. Being the Queen works because constantly insubordinate xenos simply get jobbanned. You can be the same shitter over and over again as a marine and nobody cares.
    Last edited by Vicacrov; 11-07-2019 at 11:27 PM.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post

Whatever you order, marines will just do whatever they want and then they'll throw shit at you at the end of the round for "losing it".

TL;DR: Without repeated staff intervention, I don't see CO orders becoming any more relevant. Being the Queen works because constantly insubordinate xenos simply get jobbanned. You can be the same shitter over and over again as a marine and nobody cares.
    Part of the reason for it is You being unknown, so marines don't trust you much. We had and still have way to many CO's who are unrobust as Staff Preds when they play PFC so they have 0 knowledge about fighting benos groundside. Same thing with SL's. Nobody who has basic grasp of this game marine-side won't follow order of some random baldo who set SL as "High".

Those CO's who deploy, they work towards gaining trust. It's whole a lot of different when that annoying fly from Announcements finally shows up and mows down benos with you, giving auras and being robust and badass. This is whole new point.

To achieve it quick for single round would be to play XO/CO who deploys with first drop, shoots some benos, leads marines to foward position, makes sure it's fortified, then returns back to the ship.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We dont do Positive notes anymore sadly but I am illiterate and cannot follow that rule since I cant read it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Marine Pheromones, I dont know how we can do that through overwatch like the queen. Without putting a strain on the devs.

The Issue Orders was recently buffed but if it was only my personal opinion. I'd like to see them persistent like that. Or maybe atleast XO and CO could so that its not OP that SL's have this nice buff constantly radiating.

I think this is exactly what we need, great idea

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We dont do Positive notes anymore sadly but I am illiterate and cannot follow that rule since I cant read it.
    Then give out negative notes for RP'ing. I myself have one, it's negative, but says I RP'ed good. All that is needed. Hehe.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being able to click on a circle on tac map and see the camera of whoever you click would make me stay in CIC.

But as CPT, I do better deploying, sporadically checking tac map for major movements, and seeing the rest of the live action by using binoculars I spawn with, while using announcements for major orders than I do by sitting in CIC because helmet camera's are a pain in the ass to use, they get in the way of SO's, and mostly don't show the full situation groundside.

Not to mention I can spam my orders once in a while from the back to help marines infront of me while I scope in with binoculars.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    But as CPT, I do better deploying, sporadically checking tac map for major movements, and seeing the rest of the live action by using binoculars I spawn with, while using announcements for major orders than I do by sitting in CIC because helmet camera's are a pain in the ass to use, they get in the way of SO's, and mostly don't show the full situation groundside.
    Yeah, I think this perfectly sums up one of the major issues with captaining. If anything could be done about this, I'm sure more players would play XO as well.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph