User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Predator Rework

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a preddy player yet, but I'll be applying for them soon.

What I'd really like to see is a list of a dozen clans people can join. Each clan should be fleshed out, to incorporate different play styles and quirks. Players wishing to apply for predator can look at the clans, and get an idea for a story/play style. I think someone said this earlier, but having a set amount of clans will inevitably encourage competition between groups of Yautja players. Isn't competition a big aspect of the Yautja? At the moment 90% of stories consist of "uhh yeah predator on tree and saw thing and tracked it and learned it and killed it."

I don't blame the applicants, there should be more lore for them here on the forums. Even coming up with shit, like colonized Yautja planets, traditions and different cultures. Even describe what non-hunters do on say Yautja Prime? I doubt every Yautja is a hunter, that wouldn't make any sense. Just write some cool immersive shit for Yautja players. Come on lads, it's not that hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve never been one to argue against whitelisted but if people are really gonna support changing what is supposed to be a RP non-game changing fluff role into just “TDM Variant Antag LOOT BOX Yautja Edition”.... maybe it’s best we consider removing this whitelist.

Way I see it you either support lore and RP with gameplay or you support the premise CM is just TDM and fuck the lore and RP. Personally, I think the latter is shitter tier POV but if that’s really what we are moving to I think there should be a serious talk about preds.

We are whitelisted. We are more responsible... or should be.... than normal non whitelisted when in our role. If we are just going to become the memey TDM antags that everyone knows about... what the fuck is our purpose?

We get made weaker with nerfs cause “omg people cloak kill HPC”?
    Then the same people support “fun over lore and RP” and support TDM.

What are we at this point? I’ll tell you.
    Glorified lootboxes is what we are becoming.

You can’t have it both ways: No RP and weak preds that everyone knows about.
    Either preds are 1v1 slightly stronger than average health RPers and all that entails or they are tdm antag lords of war, that have pretty far reaching capabilities, everybody knows about like xenos and treats thusly.

I’m saying this now cause I’m sad. I’m sad that people no longer believe preds should be RP focused. That’s fine at the end of the day. But what is not is pushing an agenda where you just make them personal loot boxes.

Some people, even some preds I won’t mention, might feel that way. I do not. I don’t believe predators should be that not do I feel like playing a role that’s only purpose is to be a overglorified speckit in waiting ...and on top of that can’t even defend myself beyond melee.

Old code made sense. Predators aren’t the hunted - or if they are there is a huge risk. This code doesn’t make sense. Predators are the hunted- and there is minimal risk to the “hunters” (ironically not referring to preds here).

I’m sure people disagree with me and other on “lore”. Again, that’s fine. But a lot of our CM Lore is shit that does make sense. Take gear for example. “Oh you are very honorable creatures and value these ancient and treasured relics.” “BTW you also don’t give a flying fuck when Pfc Mcbald and 15 buddies chase down a brother, kill him, beat him, and start wearing his stuff.”

Bro. You are telling me a 8foot tall beast with a penchant for skinning things and eating beings from across the galaxy(s) is chill with that? Even a marine wouldn’t be chill with that happening to a fellow.

Some may call it lore. Other words for aspects of it are called, “Common Sense”
    Last edited by Vispainius; 11-13-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    I’m sure people disagree with me and other on “lore”. Again, that’s fine. But a lot of our CM Lore is shit that does make sense. Take gear for example. “Oh you are very honorable creatures and value these ancient and treasured relics.” “BTW you also don’t give a flying fuck when Pfc Mcbald and 15 buddies chase down a brother, kill him, beat him, and start wearing his stuff.”

Bro. You are telling me a 8foot tall beast with a penchant for skinning things and eating beings from across the galaxy(s) is chill with that? Even a marine wouldn’t be chill with that happening to a fellow.

Some may call it lore. Other words for aspects of it are called, “Common Sense”
    Preds are literally forced to get back gear part of this is a lie, or slight mistake.
    Also Preds are about Honor beyond Life, or own Race. They literally suicide with wrist-mounted Nuke to retain honor. Why would pred in current, on any lore cared that other pred died? He was weak then, no mercy for the weak.

Grieffing shield. (aka Whitelist)
    Vague, easly exploitable and not really honorable rules. (You can stun your opponent with melee first hit and kill him while on the ground, literally defenceless.)
    Clear adventage over marines. (speed, HP, armor, hiding in darkness etc)

Those are the problems of preds themselfs.

Unrobust marines and benos who cry Preds are overpowered. This is a problem that preds have to deal directly, but I don't see many posts here whitelisted preds defending their own position. However I can see me and other unwhitelisted players who say that preds aren't actually OP (atleast no more than benos).

Document posted in first post is really about some minor fluff OOC stuff with no gameplay change, so I don't see anything to be afraid for preds. Unless of course nobody "pred-mained" will give detailed description of their problems. All we have now is Marine and Beno mains arguing about how OP, or not Preds are and people concerned about RP that never existed and never will untill atleast one of the main sides of the conflict will be able/forced to do 0 RP (benos).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have changed the honor code a good bit. You aren't allowed to stun kill anymore.

Preds are going to get some buffs, but that's gonna be with the rework.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    1) I think step one could be moving Predators to being melee-focused, instead of letting them carry around a plasma caster, pistol, spike launcher, rifle, etc. we could have them all put in an armoury, unlocked when a "Red alert" requires them, such as gear needing to be recovered or an abomination. This would keep the iconic plasma caster present within the role, but make it so that "validhunting" with it is no longer really possible.

2) Having a chapel or its Yautja equivalent present within the ship would be a huge flavour improvement since pretty much every Yautja character has a God they favour & their own ways of worshiping them.

3) Giving Predators more building options and materials, and hashing out the lodge rulings in the honour code. Predators being unable to defend their lodge whatsoever honour code-wise feels so stupid and it should probably be more like, "If you hide your lodge and humans/xenos persist on invading it, you can get violent and defend it honourably." Presently the inability to protect the lodge whatsoever was a bandaid fix to the Yautjas before abusing the ruling to go hog wild for no real reason.

4) I'm not certain the best way to do this, but giving Marines and Xenos incentives to actually roleplay and attack Predators should be a high priority, especially for Xenos as they are basically a no-RP role when it comes to Preds and Marines. Ideas I have seen include making Pred gear give DEFCON, better protection, making the Clan Sword usable for Marines, and buffing Abominations since at present they are super underwhelming and don't really change a round.

5) Hunting as a whole probably needs some deeper inspection, presently most Predators hunt via mini "duels" where they challenge or are challenged by a Marine/Xeno to a 1v1 instead of the normal method of stalking a target, marking and jumping them. Especially since the latter feels completely random for the hunting target and isn't too enjoyable most of the time.

That's all I can think of right now but if I think of anything else I'll post it here, either as an edit or new post idk I'm not a psychic.
    Specifically #4 I was just thinking of posting something in the hive about this. Benos can be really meta and most of the time just ignore headhunters and queens demand her daughters avoid it. In the AvP movies, on the other hand, xenos are always gunning it for the preds, seeming to target them OVER the humans. Give xenos a reason to fight preds, I'd like to actually see a predalien in game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My idea for the lore/knowledge aspect

The Humans don't know much about them. Amongst marines, preds are like the boogeyman, most don't believe they exist, but then there are the battle-scared veteran marines who tells of a vicious ghost who spoke in the voices of the dead and killed for the thrill of it, that they'd seen it blow a hole in his buddies chest. Most would call them a PTSD afflicted crazy. High command has heard the stories and mysterious reports of missing marines, or marines found flayed and hanging from the rafters, but just chock it up to a weird lurker. But the the Corporate liaison? He knows, or at least he knows more. He gets nervous when others mention them and refutes the existence of such things, and if he saw one? He'd recognize it instantly. WY knows about the preds, to a degree, but they hide it. Why would they? Have you ever considered how the corporate troops have better weapons then the marines? How WY developed such advanced things as synths? Why they take such interest in the xenomorphs, just like the preds? Just my lore spitballing here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuncie9618 View Post
    My idea for the lore/knowledge aspect

The Humans don't know much about them. Amongst marines, preds are like the boogeyman, most don't believe they exist, but then there are the battle-scared veteran marines who tells of a vicious ghost who spoke in the voices of the dead and killed for the thrill of it, that they'd seen it blow a hole in his buddies chest. Most would call them a PTSD afflicted crazy. High command has heard the stories and mysterious reports of missing marines, or marines found flayed and hanging from the rafters, but just chock it up to a weird lurker. But the the Corporate liaison? He knows, or at least he knows more. He gets nervous when others mention them and refutes the existence of such things, and if he saw one? He'd recognize it instantly. WY knows about the preds, to a degree, but they hide it. Why would they? Have you ever considered how the corporate troops have better weapons then the marines? How WY developed such advanced things as synths? Why they take such interest in the xenomorphs, just like the preds? Just my lore spitballing here
    ^^^

This.

I LIKE this.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pred lore is going to be a priority moving forward.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    add pilots/engineers, direct antagonistic force to preds.

also ebin necropost lol

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Necro
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler: