Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator Rework

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Preds start with claws and clan swords. As they kill worthy prey worth more points they get access to more powerful weapons. I like the idea that if a marine or xeno is robust and gets lots kills, the pred comes in to potentially end that kill streak.
    Second part seems like a good idea. Specs, CIC staff, SL's, Boilers and Queen however should have higher "killstrike" to be valid since it would end up in every pred round that specs die to preds.

I also have issue with preds walking casually among benos and Marines. They can try to RP with marines, but benos as 0-RP side shouldn't be closer than few tiles to a pred without slashing him.
    Just like in my report, preds can hunt marines who are in direct combat with benos and there is no issue with that according to dishonor code, there is no issue with preds walking among benos, getthing hit once, or few times with bullets and go on killing spree, there is no issue with preds acting like lurkers (fuck that guy who says "wear glasses mate" if you can't recongnise pred, or lurker in darkness on dark title cloaked) etc.
    Also Hunting Mark is unnoticable. It should give the player clear icon near his character, otherwise pred my decide to mark someone during firefight and nobody has that much attention to fight benos and look at every single message on the chat. Also Mark hunt should have timer, like 5 minutes, if pred doesn't do jack shit to the prey, the prey is no longer a prey and can't be marked again by the same pred. It's to prevent spoiling the round for marine/beno since he can't fight with benos, or he has the chance to be killed near enemy, or wait to the end since pred can die after marking and he won't know about it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yall want more RP and RP abilities, yet all I see is jamacians literally running into entire USCM squads while cloaked and baiting us to shoot them, and when we don't, they grab dead bodies or flares and throw them at us

then they try to attack us when we fire on them

stop this behavior if you want to be taken seriously as a whitelist or just admit that jamacians are the third hidden faction in this TDM gamemode and buff / nerf them accordingly

if you want to go the route im discussing i have a lot of ways to make yaujta much more fair to fight while still keeping them powerful enough to be a threat, but until yaujta players admit to themselves (and everyone else) that they are an actual antagonist just like in feweh times i can't entertain the thought that jamacians are a "RP faction" when i see the shit they pull whenever i play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean. It is literally stated that Predators are antagonists. But I really dislike the fact that some people suffer a handful of bad experiences with the Yautja then throw the entire whitelist into the same category of validhunters.
    I've only recently gotten the whitelist myself and I feel that one of the bigger problems is that as soon as you're shot even once by someone (excepting certain circumstances) they become unworthy and you're allowed to HPC them into the ground. Of course, most of us don't, but some of us do and since all preds are called "Unknown" I figure the playerbase thinks they're all like that.
    I think a general large buff to melee damage versus xenos, but a reduction in the stun department (chain whip and clan sword stun) could make fighting them more fun for both sides.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    yall want more RP and RP abilities, yet all I see is jamacians literally running into entire USCM squads while cloaked and baiting us to shoot them, and when we don't, they grab dead bodies or flares and throw them at us

then they try to attack us when we fire on them

stop this behavior if you want to be taken seriously as a whitelist or just admit that jamacians are the third hidden faction in this TDM gamemode and buff / nerf them accordingly

if you want to go the route im discussing i have a lot of ways to make yaujta much more fair to fight while still keeping them powerful enough to be a threat, but until yaujta players admit to themselves (and everyone else) that they are an actual antagonist just like in feweh times i can't entertain the thought that jamacians are a "RP faction" when i see the shit they pull whenever i play
    This honestly sounds like you're upset because of one experience you had. I would rather not see an entire whitelist thrown under the bus because you had one bad encounter with a pred, or, misinterpreted an event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a pred that was recently whitelisted, there seems to be a weird mix of harsh rules and very lax ones. Often at times I am afraid of wanting to defend myself due to backlash from players. Sometimes people will outright avoid my predator out of fear of being HPC'd into oblivion. Other times it goes to entire marine squads hunting me down on first sight and if I return fire I am always anxious of being griped at for killing 6-7 marines out of self defense for them trying to kill me. It would be nice to have more concise rules and understanding that I can in fact defend myself and not feel afraid I am going to break rules when I am being ganged up on my 6-7 marines.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    This honestly sounds like you're upset because of one experience you had. I would rather not see an entire whitelist thrown under the bus because you had one bad encounter with a pred, or, misinterpreted an event.
    i have had this experience with the entire faction for years now

let me tell you how predator players are split

there are 2 types of predator players

A) super roleplayers; these are the type of people who like to *roar at people in the dark, avoid memers like the plague, and have a clique of people they solely roleplay with, either because they are friends or because they are people who enjoy the roleplay aspect of CM instead of the pew pew aspect

B) fake roleplayers; these are the people who went for the whitelist not for the roleplay, but for the cool toys and ability to survive an encounter with both teams while ganking a few people on either side. they pretend to roleplay but in reality use the loopholes / lax rulings (as noted above) to death match, not to find meaningful roleplay.

my issue is many of the rulings (and the way both predators and the community percieve the predators differently) allow for both A) and B) players to flourish. and both of them really don't bring much to the table

A) players aren't really scary and are push overs at best as they tend to not do anything in the round, so that makes the predator whitelist pretty useless in the grand scheme of things (like CL except Predators get cool toys while CL doesn't)

B) players aren't push overs but they use every loop hole and lax ruling possible to dick on marines and xenos and its very hard to do anything to them rule wise because of what they are doing isn't "TECHNICALLY" breaking predator rules. they TECHNICALLY are defending themselves from the meanie poo marines chasing after them (while ignoring the fact that they've been baiting that same squad for a while now), they are TECHNICALLY just hunting one person (when in reality they hunt one person, but they don't do it stealthily; they run into an entire squad just to clan sword one guy in it and are SURPRISE PIKACHU FACE when said squad lights them up)

if you haven't seen this behavior, then you either don't play enough, or know of this behavior and are deliberately dismissing valid concerns about the faction, because i know im not the only person who see's predators like this, and there have been several successful reports on the more blatant predator players who are like B) players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my response or proposal for a predator re-work.

Stop calling them predators

I suggest we should just completely throw out the entire predator and it's lore. Now before you say 'but what about current whitelisted predators' DO NOT WORRY, I have an idea.

You see, the problem with predators and RP interaction with humans/xenos is that they have a LOT of boundaries, rules, etc.

What I propose is REPLACING predators with a much more ... 3rd party group ... something along the lines of the Tal'darim from SC2 (Protoss).

Not only would this be an incentive for them to have energy blades, energy weapons, etc. But since they are Tal'darim it's most DEFINITELY a mock-up of predators.

Not convinced yet? Let me give you some examples of the Tal'darim Protoss culture:
    Very conservative of their tech
    Vie for power, honor, and glory by killing and showing strength by killing people
    Abide by an honor system

Tal'darim Honor System in a shell-nut:

Don't lie, let your word be your promise.
    Bow to others in power above you, and challenge only when necessary.
    Make challenges fair.
    Spare when you need/want.
    Retaliate against heretics/insulters.

Since the Tal'darim are PROTOSS, you can't hug them, as protoss have no orifices.

Now, you may ask yourself "Ok, so it's basically a SUPER OP marine with super-weapons and un-huggable"

well ... not really.

You see, Tal'darim are willing to work with anyONE and anyTHING in order to get more power, honor, and glory ... that INCLUDES working WITH xenos.

So literally just re-sprite the predators, make them un-huggable, and give them e-weapons, and give them mini personal shields and marine-level armor.

I believe making a completely different race and throwing out the 'no co-operating with humans or xenos' thing out the window would open this character/position for RP WIDE friggin' open.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think a Xeno or Marine deciding to attack a headhunter should make them unworthy. Not unless it's in like a gank group of 3 or more, or they are interrupting an already in progress fight. Lately i've been seeing a lot of preds just completely gib and HPC anyone that shoots or slashes at them first. Lurker pounces headhunter sitting on the side? HPC to the face. Marine shoots a rifle at a Predator spamming *laugh3? HPC to the face.

I just don't see how a worthy fighting target attacking you pretty much alone makes them unworthy. It just leads to preds being a whole "Nobody ever touch or interact with them unless they try to kill you first." Which is kinda anti-rp or fun interactions.

Now if it's a squad of like 4-5 Marines with rpg and flamers? Sure. If it's like 5 lurkers jumping out of the dark, sure.

But just someone treating you like an actual antag and trying to fight you? That doesn't deserve to be meme'd. There's an argument of "Predators are antags and you should treat them like one." But in the current state actually treating preds like antags gets you annihilated in two seconds for being unworthy.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever posted the skinned human earlier I really like the idea and I will try to make sure that works.

Neth mentioned something to me not too long ago and I dont know if I am allowed to share it but it does involve an Honour system so if you guys could suggest a streamlined system for that, Perhaps it could help Neth/Dev Team on working with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd appreciate if preds gained the ability to quickly toggle on and off their visor akin to how Xenos can quickly turn on and off their nightvision, I'd use this to better check if I am standing in the light or dark when near Marines, for the spook factor.

On the topic of 'honour', are you talking about a mechanic where preq gear is honour locked or how preds have a visible honour tracker that increases or decreases based on factors? Otherwise its a bit too vague.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de