User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator Rework

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For that first suggestion I recommend we just remove material and lowlight modes.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About making predators full third side faction, they are too op to be third side. Predators highly developed civilization, and were like that when humanity only began to play with sticks and stones, their can destroy human spaceship in one 'pew' and possibly the whole fleet. As i imagine they not looking for technology to become stronger, they looking for spirit and soul improvement, that's why they hunting and visit the ancient ruins. But you can only become stronger when you fight with physically stronger opponent, without cheating technology.
    About whole predator stuff. I think they supposed to rp at minimum or not at all. They have only few reasons to be on planet:
    1) Hunt some xeno ( imagine yourself on the hunt, you will not speak to the prey you hunt, you will not let it come close to you (as some preds do)). And just imagine if some strange weak creatures (humans) will come try to kill your prey and mess up whole hunt you prepared for for years ( and don't forget you are agressive tribe man) probably you will kill them, you will not try to scare, talk or something, unless you see strong one among them, and then you still will not interact with him just hunt it.
    2) Capture xeno queen ( i can't see here reasons for interacting with xenos or humans too, maybe just queen)
    3) Retrieving ancient artifact (you come to basement to get 300 year old bottle of wine, and what you see there, some lizards fighting with strange creatures, you will shoo them get your wine get upstairs drink it and watch tv (unless they broke the bottle, then you will get really angry).

Ps. How to rework preds imo:
    -make them weak without their gear.
    -make health regen really slow (motivation to think before get in the fight).
    -give them perma buff if they kill xeno without their gear(the stronger xeno was, the stronger buff).
    -not to punish preds if they kill lot of marines or xeno forces (they are dominant civilization, they do what they want).

Pps. The only reason for preds to RP with humans, is to stop xeno from ruling the galaxy (when their numbers get to 50 and more for example) all the rest interactions are in exceptional cases. Thank for attention.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lengord View Post
    About making predators full third side faction, they are too op to be third side.
    They're not OP. Not a single person who has access to Predator thinks they're OP in any fashion.

Honestly, ask any Predator player if they're OP, and why they think they're not, they could talk for hours about how bad Pred really is.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest problem with predators is that everyone knows how OP they are 1 on 1. Nobody wants to engage them unless in a group. Dueling a predator is retarded and you will lose unless you're cheesing as a defender or get a delimb as rav or some shit. If a pred marks you for a hunt you will meta it and just run away to your hive anytime you see it. Sticky slows them down too much and pred will never chase a xeno to their hive unless they have a death wish. On top of that honor code is pretty vague in some areas and that makes preds think they can HPC everything. Predators are not like in the movies at all, currently it rewards pussy gameplay. Preds will dip anytime they're outnumbered.

An idea I have is to make preds weaker 1 on 1 but they get buffs the more enemies they fight at once. An aura of sorts: if there's only on marine you're fighting, you're gonna be weaker. If there's more marines/xenos, you get a lil health or armor buff, your attacks will stun more often etc. It will make preds not be a pussy anytime they're outnumbered and actually fight a group, and people will be more likely to fight preds 1 on 1.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove jamaican

seriously almost no one enjoys interacting with these annoying OP pieces of shit and they add nothing good to a round

Even if you somehow kill one all the rest will converge and grief whichever side killed them, completely derailing the round.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Troika View Post
    Remove jamaican

seriously almost no one enjoys interacting with these annoying OP pieces of shit and they add nothing good to a round

Even if you somehow kill one all the rest will converge and grief whichever side killed them, completely derailing the round.
    git gud lma

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove jamaican

Any interaction with a pred >>>>>> Interaction with sewage sludge >>>>>> Interaction with benomorph.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove jamaican

make this man head of game design on cm
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't foresee developers removing Predators.

However there are items that are good at killing them. I wont even hide it but bring a flamethrower or AP rounds or a shotgun and you can kill em as long as they don't pop an HPC off.

But essentially I do want to make fighting predators much more enjoyable.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    I don't foresee developers removing Predators.

However there are items that are good at killing them. I wont even hide it but bring a flamethrower or AP rounds or a shotgun and you can kill em as long as they don't pop an HPC off.

But essentially I do want to make fighting predators much more enjoyable.
    Remove stuns in general from Pred melee arsenal and give them OOC rule that it is unhonorable to stab prey lying on the ground from stun. They have LPC if they really need to stun, otherwise it's painis in the ainis to fight with pred if you get stunned on frist hit and then he just fucks you up on the ground.

Maybe a bigger role of CQC and CQC skill? Adding customisable "fighting style" for each marine (and maybe pred) to choose. By toggling it with macro (or icon on the screen like "unique-action") marine could decide if he wants to punch more, or maybe kick more, or maybe even headbutt. Some of them giving very poor Slug hit effect, but one that lasts longer than few ticks, others would push away etc.
    Last edited by CABAL; 10-13-2019 at 06:46 AM.