Thread: Synthetic Rework

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synthetic Rework

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

The synthetic rework isn't something major but its something that will help the role indefinitely.

We will be addressing the problem with Synthsurvivor. How it interacts with Marines/Xenos/Predators alike. Combat Synthing and anything else on the Synth Programming.

Please don't be hurt if we cant put your ideas in but know that we appreciate the feedback anyway.

The one rule I got is keep your robitposting to a minimum and be respectful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO Combat synth should be autorized in a larger measure but with clearer limits cause for now it's a really case by case issue and there's no clear rules on it.

Synth used to be really dangerous in CQC but with the amount of burn damage that it takes with the acid splasher, I feel (as a synth that is almost always on the frontline and fighting to protect dead/wounded marines) that it's now really easy for xenos to get ride of a synth as after a few hit you'll end up with a disfunctionnal arm.

However, having synthetics playing it only to rambo the xenos wouldn't be a good solution. Autorizing it in a larger measure to defend USCM personnels would be great (ex: CO bodyguard)
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing This is also for the express purpose of uh suggestions as well.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bishop from the aliens movie is the best synthetic, and we should model synthetic gameplay after him.
    Clancy Long
    Ethan

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let G1's to be Almayer Synths again.
    Synths shouldn't be visible behind walls in beno vision.
    Also whole combat limitation for the role is a bit nonsense. Since they are restricted to melee, how many harm can one Synth do on a killing spree? It maybe will kill one, or two benos and will die to acid burns. There is no need to keep a close eye on them, since they can't change the round. They are immune to gas/neuro and facehugging, have more HP and are faster. Those traits aren't really that OP against benos, so why bother? Alien Lore is in dumpster long ago anyway, why keep this "combat synths illegal" policy?
    Maybe even add Thrid model of a Synth for USCM, a combat one that sucks even more than G1 in various tasks, but is a bit faster and a bit less healthier and can use weapons. One Combat Synth even with SG isn't dangerous to more than two benos at the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a whitelisted synth, but what about having the corporate liaison have a role in the synth's game play? Having them be able to fax the company to allow the synth to have combat functionality in an emergency or being able to ask the company for full command of the synth? It might give them an added layer of depth other than just being a support role

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIPEPLUMSTOEAT View Post
    I'm not a whitelisted synth, but what about having the corporate liaison have a role in the synth's game play? Having them be able to fax the company to allow the synth to have combat functionality in an emergency or being able to ask the company for full command of the synth? It might give them an added layer of depth other than just being a support role
    I'll be honest. That is the bets suggestion I've ever heard about combat synth, at least on theory part.
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, we shouldn't really focus too much on the "combat synth" part of the role, but instead look towards making the Synthetic the ultimate Support machine. The following suggestion would make the Synthetics appear less human, and I do believe that this makes the suggestion itself rather shaky.

Why not add Synthetics some modules they can buy at round-start, which give them several bonuses? Something like, an integrated Hypospray with an attached Chem Synthetizer, or a speed-booster. Of course, a Synthetic may install a single module per round, and they may not uninstall it. Certain, more effective modules may be attained later in the round, perhaps via DEFCON assets. Some of the more powerful modules should have some quirks, minor drawbacks if you will, in order to prevent Synthetics from specializing around a meta-module.

I do believe that we should not have a Combat Synthetic module available on the Almayer; instead, it may be spawned by Admins, or Synthetics may receive them via events.

Here is a small list of modules I have thought about, and their abilities:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm rather curious what you guys think about it; If these ideas get traction I'll pop them up on the Suggestion Doc.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For easy stuff: I would like more huds added to help us support.

For example, a built in IO scanner. The amount one synth can collect wouldnt be super high but still allow us to assist without having to haul around the scanner with our limited carry capacity.

"Thermal" vision or something to help us see traps and stealthed enemies.

Re-enable the crew tracker to allow us to help recover people dragged just out of sight.

Medium stuff: I like the idea of unlocking combat synth now just because it would make xenos a bit more wary. Most vets know that a synth wont chase you, so they (SPITTERS) just acid/slash you a little bit at a time, then back off; knowing you cant/wont chase them down. Until you are dead or forced to retreat.

Hard stuff: Hell if you want to go really crazy, make it so the hive can "turn" a synth. New ability for the queen when ovied.. or just rp it via a timer or something. Turned synth then could assist in turning off power.. hacking stuff.. etc.
    Marines can recapture the synth and reprogram them (maybe they kill you and you have to be restored in medical?). Would give a reason for the hive to not just instant gib all synths.. open up some rp. Have crazy shit like a turned synth call down and fly the dropship for a small group of aliens to get on the ship.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are some workable things Bearded.

I think it sucks that Xenos do meta that rule that Synths cant chase you and I want to do something about it without just opening the Possibility of "Combat Synthing". The staff takes a hardline stance against Combat Synthing. I dont wanna create the problem in the future.

I'll speak to vamp about a built in scanner. The Thermal vision is something we should probably leave to just Preds and Xenos.