User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Synthetic Rework

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Youbar View Post
    Synthetics are very strong against Xenos if you simply equip them with a fireaxe. Not only do you have to slash them far more than you do a marine, they don't suffer any degradation of their combat abilities due to all the damage they've sustained. Even when you kill them, you only need to recover the corpse in order for an engineer to rebuild them in their entirety and go in for second round. They're also immune to several Xeno abilities, most notably pounce. At their best, they can slaughter an entire hive if that hive can't focus enough DPS on them to completely eliminate them. At their worst, they're a painful damage sponge that can advance well forward of the front lines, tanking slashes while IFF rains over their head.
    Extreme overexagerations. "The synth could kill the hive" lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Youbar View Post
    they don't suffer any degradation of their combat abilities due to all the damage they've sustained. ......

They're also immune to several Xeno abilities, most notably pounce. At their best, they can slaughter an entire hive if that hive can't focus enough DPS on them to completely eliminate them. At their worst, they're a painful damage sponge that can advance well forward of the front lines, tanking slashes while IFF rains over their head.
    Flat out incorrect. Are you even whitelisted? Why do you think you're qualified in any respect to tread out your lies and frankly worthless opinion as if it's a contribution to the discussion?

Either you're trolling hard or you don't have even the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone who tries to play synth as a dedicated combat role (outside of events) is a smoothbrain who shouldn't be whitelisted in the first place, because A: it's not what the role excels at or is supposed to do, and B: combat synth is ass in the first place and any decent xeno regardless of caste can clown you without too much trouble

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingIdiot View Post
    anyone who tries to play synth as a dedicated combat role (outside of events) is a smoothbrain who shouldn't be whitelisted in the first place, because A: it's not what the role excels at or is supposed to do, and B: combat synth is ass in the first place and any decent xeno regardless of caste can clown you without too much trouble
    We are not talking that Synths should go rambo with griefingshield rules (while they can, since it's literally griefing shield), but we are talking about changing something for the better. Synth shouldn't have those OOC combat restrictions, just like medic, or engineer, he should be also able to do whatever is best. Firearm ban is already hard enough that no Synth will chase benos around etc. I can imagine that basically nothing would change (but gameplay pleasure for synths) if OOC combat rule would be removed, since if Synth is bald enough to go rambo and die, then he must be as bald in being medic/doctor/engineer/MT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicega View Post
    Why do you think you're qualified in any respect to tread out your lies and frankly worthless opinion as if it's a contribution to the discussion?
    Great community spirit on part of a Senior Moderator. Rather than inform the misinformed, you just outright insult them in a petty manner. Makes me wonder how you even got into a position of power on this server in the first place.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets dial back everyone its getting kinda toxic in here, This thread wasn't stickied for you guys to argue Queen vs Synth.

Its how do we improve the role. The petty shit needs to stop please.

I would like to ask more on your response tho @Vampmare

How is it you guys find yourselves in situations of combat. Like uh, When your treating marines in the backline and Lurkers/Runners try and metatarget you or something just cuz? How do you feel about Combat than? And even if you disengage, He'll only go heal and keep coming back.
    Last edited by Bancrose; 10-11-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who thinks synths are OP in combat is straight up wrong. One time Soluble wanted to enable combat synthing just to prove how weak synths are in combat but that wasn't supported. If you are semi-competent you can clown on a synth easily. Of course not as a sentinel/drone etc. but other castes can 1v1 synth reliably. Either way yeah, synths are supposed to be a support role, but problem is - once you learn all the support roles and do them enough times it just gets so boring. Synths don't get any toys to make them more fun, if anything they get constrained by their programming which, if you're under an asshole, can ruin your round completely. It's not a role a lot of people can keep playing over and over again, unless you're a hardcore support player.

Giving synths some cool mechanics, I dunno, stun punch, overloading yourself on APC juice to become faster or regenerate your health would promote a cooler gameplay so I hope we get some cooler toys in the future.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Anyone who thinks synths are OP in combat is straight up wrong. One time Soluble wanted to enable combat synthing just to prove how weak synths are in combat but that wasn't supported. If you are semi-competent you can clown on a synth easily. Of course not as a sentinel/drone etc. but other castes can 1v1 synth reliably. Either way yeah, synths are supposed to be a support role, but problem is - once you learn all the support roles and do them enough times it just gets so boring. Synths don't get any toys to make them more fun, if anything they get constrained by their programming which, if you're under an asshole, can ruin your round completely. It's not a role a lot of people can keep playing over and over again, unless you're a hardcore support player.

Giving synths some cool mechanics, I dunno, stun punch, overloading yourself on APC juice to become faster or regenerate your health would promote a cooler gameplay so I hope we get some cooler toys in the future.
    This is true. Synths are weak against most benos in 1vs1 scenarios, yet they have OOC combat restrictions. From years (or even since first Synth addition to the server) Synths weren't changed in any drastic way. I can only wonder what pushed Apop/Faweh/Faweh alt/whoever to put OOC combat restrictions on Synths? It wasn't lore for sure. Years back benos were way more powerfull than they are now and yet it was added for some reason. I can only guess that it was made so that brainless old benomains wouldn't struggle/salt to fight being that won't go down due pounce, or neuro, or few slashes as other strategies require to use brain and there is no brain in benomain.

If the only reason for keeping OOC combat restriction on Synths is: "We don't have any faith that our whitelisted Synth Players will not just simply die", then someone has to think exactly 11 times about this topic, look in the mirror and say out loud all the reasons why OOC Combat Restriction should stay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think AcuteCircle hit the nail on the head.

Synthetics are the ultimate support role, but that is not as grand a title as one would expect, you are ultimately a spruced up Combat Engineer/Doctor wombo combo, but neither of those roles are engaging to play with for an extended period, mindlessly and very slowly expanding a FoB (with limited supplies) is unengaging and Doctors are literal robots repeating the same steps on people with broken arms, there's a literal machine that does their job in medbay which highlights how monotonous the role is, and why any Doctor player is a saint for playing it.

People have come up with wonderful ideas for Synthetics that might help energise the role to a degree, from simple things like letting synths have a limited ability to auto-revive themselves after death, more unique close quarters self defence techniques, expanded interactions with the environment that are truly unique and fitting for a machine to do, etc, etc.

Synths are just, present. I've joked about this on Discord, but the reality is you have to beg and scrape to get attention as a Synth at times, despite the in game text, they are not important or extraordinarily useful in the grand scheme of things, again, they are just one extra Engineer, or one extra Doctor. Which is also why I find it ludercious that the powers that be are vehemently against giving Synths expanded self defence tools, a single melee combatant will never be a major threat to the Hive, not in the current acid hell meta.

I also find it borderline insulting that the likely role with the highest standard of roleplay, where people applying have to write a mini-novel and prove they can hold themselves to a very high standard AND successfully navigate the complex web of synth rules, are not trusted by the powers that be with self defence tools, under some assumption the synthetic players will go all out, just this once, and fight a war by themselves.

Last edited by Steelpoint; 10-13-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive seen combat synthing and I only know of 2 people who can pull off a good melee combat synth.

And they have only affected the game in a major way 2 times.

Once was when they fireaxed 3 lurkers to death by themselves (unique case as the lurkers came at him one by one and that gave him time to juke and fireaxe).

The other was Omni (I believe) when they killed a Ovi queen after stumbling upon them in Secure Storage and the Queen, instead of aciding, kept neuroing so it died to drill(?).

That is the only times a combat synth has achieved anything worthy of attention. Every other time they either got:

A) Warrior grabbed.
    B) Acid spit (just one spit forces a synth to immediately retreat before, now thats even worse).
    C) Ganged up on with tackles and slashes.

Synths, by themselves, have no real impact on combat.

The only real problem I can see is a Synth acting like a "mini-tank"; the role of the Tank in current gameplay is to soak up major damage and push past a choke. The Synth can do something similar; due to its immunity to many of the conventional stuns, and ability to self heal reliably, it can charge in with a fireaxe infront of marines into a choke and do some decent damage before retreating and letting marines push in.

But thats a incredibly risky strategy that usually has very little pay off, and while your charging with a fire axe, your not using your omega good skills to heal and create barricades, so your a net demerit to the marine team at the end of the day.

The only reason to keep combat synths banned is simply to not have retards like the above charging into xeno chokepoints exist, but thats about it.