Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Synthetic Rework

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    The only reason to keep combat synths banned is simply to not have retards like the above charging into xeno chokepoints exist, but thats about it.
    But if such retard would rambo into benos if he could, then I'm 100% sure he isn't good as MT/Doctor either. Any sane and decent SS13 player would know his limitation.

Synths also can't reliably heal themself, they have long wait to take to repair a little damage on one limb, but humanoids have 11 individual limbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting my two cents as a synth player:

Synths should be allowed to use armor and helmet.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckenshutze View Post
    Putting my two cents as a synth player:

Synths should be allowed to use armor and helmet.
    No thanks.

One of the things I enjoy about my synth is making him look interesting. If you can wear armor/helmet and they gave advantage, then everyone would wear it to stay alive longer.

And soon we all look the same again.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also like to see some of our reworked tied into the CL's gameplay.

He is the W-Y representative... maybe he would get access codes to be able to override the Synth, so your new chain of command ends with the CL.

Although I think the CL should be more of an Antag role in general. Every movie W-Y is up to some shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No fuck the CL, he can stay in his office and die there. Don't let him have any gameplay importance, especially something that can override the synth. If you even play researcher, you'll know how painful it is to absolutely need a CL to waddle his ass over and scan the XRF, because before that you might as well not do anything.

Also, the way each round flows from start to end really makes it so that any disturbance or fuckery shipside can and will stall ground side to a halt or even loses it if shit hits the fan long enough. That's why survivors aren't allowed to be antag shipside if they come up peacefully. That's why COs aren't allowed to be self-antag or some sort of a one man event. That's why events where you have shipside "spies" from UPP or CLF just eventually evolve into HvH but shittier because you also have xeno grounside to worry about. The basic game mode is simply too focused on the ground side battle to have anything that will disrupt shipside.

Back on synth. I don't mind synth going full "combat" mode since they're easy to take down and they're relegated to melee only barring rule 0 bs. I would glad to see more QoL and more updates that truly make the synths into this ultimate support, because right now it's just a mix of all the roles you already have but only takes 1 dude and 1 slot instead. Maybe an upgraded HF2 for themselves that lets them see body scanner results on the go? I don't know yet. Just something to really differentiate it from "XO, CE, CMO, TC, PO all thrown in together"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take away our armor restrictions. It's a sacrifice, protection over speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the simplest solution is to make Synthetics stupidly OP when playing as a proper Support role? Right now, Synthetics are, just like everyone already said, a simple synthesis of all the Support roles, without any significant boons apart from max-skills in anything but Leadership. Why not make them truly special and make them far superior in any Support role than a human might be?

Make their Surgery Chance 100% when operating any properly-anesthesized marine!

Give them Predator drag-speed, and make them unable to drag Xenos, so that they can easily rescue frontline wounded!

Make it so that the barricades they build are either stronger, or start out with barbed-wire!

Give them a built-in body-scanner!

I know that many people will feel that my suggestion is rather outlandish, and yes, I feel that way too. I merely want to say that, if we're to keep Synthetics as the ultimate Support role and that only, we should give them superior abilities compared even to those of the best human support-roles.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderut22 View Post
    Perhaps the simplest solution is to make Synthetics stupidly OP when playing as a proper Support role? Right now, Synthetics are, just like everyone already said, a simple synthesis of all the Support roles, without any significant boons apart from max-skills in anything but Leadership. Why not make them truly special and make them far superior in any Support role than a human might be?

Make their Surgery Chance 100% when operating any properly-anesthesized marine!

Give them Predator drag-speed, and make them unable to drag Xenos, so that they can easily rescue frontline wounded!

Make it so that the barricades they build are either stronger, or start out with barbed-wire!

Give them a built-in body-scanner!

I know that many people will feel that my suggestion is rather outlandish, and yes, I feel that way too. I merely want to say that, if we're to keep Synthetics as the ultimate Support role and that only, we should give them superior abilities compared even to those of the best human support-roles.
    I dont think it is outlandish at all. I would prefer support enchancements to being able to combat. But I think we have to be careful here.

If you are going to make us better.. then it would have to be in multiple areas. Or synths would JUST be assigned that one duty.

For example If you can build barricades stronger than an engineer, you are going to be put on fob duty forever.

A built in scanner would be very awesome.
    The ability to heal ourselfs by charging from an apc would be awesome (especially for brute damage).
    I would like to see a "synth" backpack that has more slots or something. Constantly wishing I could carry more stuff.
    A built in intelligence hub.

Id like to see the crew locator come back so the synth can help recover downed people (and counter the drag and hide meta).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    inbuilt MD except the MD doesn't point to xenos; it points to dead but revivable marine bodies near you

boom synth good, btfo combat medics, more news at 10

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have any good ideas about synth survivor currently to make it more engaging and fun.