Byond ID?
    DommyGaming

CM Character?
    Paul Starr | Michael | Par�atak An�th

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT/BST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Weekdays - 4pm - 11pm Weekends - Most of the day.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes on an old server SCP13 which I was a mentor on but I had to basically moderate the server with minor powers.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Not really.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes due to a sticky ban.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes on Paradise due to me swearing at an admin however that was in October Last year. [09/10/18] Accepted Appeal
    Another Incident was on Paradise again due to me using a word Fag which they didn�t like even though I meant it as the term �idiot�. [13/02/19] Accepted Appeal.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would check if they have had any previous notes regarding this, if not I would give them a note and let the MPs handle it ICly. If it was a repeated action on multiple occasions, I would ask them why they shot a marine and inform them that this is a repeated action and they will receive a 3h ban on the next break.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    As this is a whitelist problem, I would inform them that this is a Whitelist Infraction and should be reported on the forums where it would be dealt with however I would also collect evidence for said report if possible. [I am a councillor so I believe I should not really pull logs for WL related incidents.]

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would ask them if it is their first time on the server and redirect them to the mentor team.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    As the player is being rude, I would politely inform the player to calm down and tell them that they will not be receiving another staff member as it is not a pick and choose system. I would then calmly ask them about what is going on and the purpose of the ahelp. If they wished to continue I would direct them to the Staff Report page if they so wished to report me.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would autorespond with �being handled� and go find the marine �John Doe� and inform them that their name is currently breaking the rules and will be needed to change next round while I give him a name for the current round.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Seeing as there is no threat I would contact them and ask them why they are wearing armor. I would then inform them that it is code green and there is no threat to the ship and ask them to take off their gear and put it back into the place where they got it from if there is a history of doing so. If not I would give them a note but let the MPs handle it as it is a IC issue.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would inform the marine that the survivor can be hostile to the marines and kill them if they were outright hostile from the get-go and inform that it is more an IC issue due to this.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Inform the marine that I am looking into it and go by first going to the MP asking what exact charges they are placing against them [Theft,Trespass] After the MP informs me of them, I would tell them that a arrest is limited to only one charge except resisting arrest. I would then ask the MP to lower the sentence at least to one of the charges. I would also inform the MP to read up on Marine law more and would check their note history to see if this is a repeated offense which then they would probably receive a job ban depending on the circumstance.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would inform the Xenos to fight and die honorably via QM as I do not believe we can make ARES announcements so it is easier to make xenos push.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Directly Informed therefore I would not deal with the situation and would ahelp the situation and let another staff member handle it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would inform them that this is an IC issue and that normal hostilities between factions even after round end is allowed.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Would check the players note history and if it was clear, I would add a warning for round start shenanigans. I would then inform the player to stop or Subtle message a MP informing them of the incident occurring depending on severity of the situation. If the said player has had these occurrences in the past and many warnings for this, I would apply a Short Term Ban - 3 hours or so informing them to thoroughly read the rules.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would check the logs to exactly confirm the situation and if it proves to be just because of a punch, I would inform them that it is improper escalation and give them a note on said improper escalation. If this has been a repeated offense I would apply a short term ban if it fits the circumstance.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC the marines that they are required to ahelp for the mutiny to actually proceed and that they would require 5 people to confirm that they wish for a mutiny.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    As minor racist comments are allowed I would inform them that minor racist comments are allowed and if they believe that this shouldn�t be allowed or are truly offended by it, I would direct them to the player report page where they can fill out the report.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Deliver a 7 day ban with a file for perma to the said person due to it being round start grief and would also aheal the said marines that got shot and killed.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    As I witnessed the incident, I would ask them what they were doing on the frontlines as a larva and dying. I would inform them that they are getting a note for suicide as larva as it is grief towards the hive. If this was a repeated offense they would probably get a Job Ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would inform them that that is a rule break and then note them for LRP and to tell them to cease insulting the queen as you are a hivemind and should work together.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would inform the player that it is not LRP to call it the Dropship as it is the interpretation of the hivemind.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Unexpected Contact: I would contact the command staff informing them that they do not know of the alien threat on the planet and note them for metagaming.

Expected Contact: I would inform the Command staff that even though they know basic knowledge of Xenomorphs, they do not know that they are on the planet and note them for metagaming.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would investigate it to see if any roleplay occured and if any threat was nearby. If there was a threat I would inform it is an IC issue as the marine is trying to save his own life. If there was no rp or actual threat nearby, I would inform the murderer that they should not shoot another marine without actual reason and note them for �pod murder without good reason�.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Directly Involved therefore I would allow another staff member to handle said incident however they are breaking rule 3.Don�t be a dick.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would inform them that there is nothing we can do about this situation.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Inform them of said wrong information and correct them in msay.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Inform my Superiors, mainly the managers of the staff that are arguing. Etc 2 mods arguing would mean I inform Soldier as he is the mod manager.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    To help out the community mainly as I have been here for a long time now.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Teamwork, Composure, friendly and being unbiased.

Anything else you
    Nope.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers, good player, nice application etc.

+1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Echoing what Acute said +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A decent application and a good player. That combined with the fact your are a mentor and a councilman is good enough for me.

+1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post
    Good answers. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffith78 View Post
    A decent application and a good player. That combined with the fact your are a mentor and a councilman is good enough for me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheeks View Post
    Echoing what Acute said +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Good answers, good player, nice application etc.

+1
    Thank you all for the support! I really appreciate it!
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally you applied as I ordered you to.

A solid member of the community, and the answers are fine, albeit short.

No further questions needed in this instance.

+1
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Finally you applied as I ordered you to.

A solid member of the community, and the answers are fine, albeit short.

No further questions needed in this instance.

+1
    Thanks Dork :-)
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No need for echo here. +1
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    No need for echo here. +1
    Thanks!
    Ex-Senior Admin