User Tag List

Thread: Cirukcaller - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cirukcaller - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Cirukcaller
    Character Name?
    I don't remember
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    It's not a jobban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    I don't know either, it's a regional ban
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    Aurora.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Yeah, many times; VG, TG, Bay, you don't get to play SS13 without cracking a few eggshells so to speak.
    Reason for Ban
    Because I'm from South America. Or Central America- makes no difference, the ban happened due to my region and a blanket ban on regions outside of what I can only imagine is America and Western Europe. Either way, I'm an old member of this community and I've recently obtained some free time from shitty life circumstances and I'd like to play again.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    When I try to log in it never goes past 'connecting'. There's no troubleshooting this. I can connect from a different account, but that one too inevitably receives a regional ban that locks me from even making connection.

I thought it was a troubleshooting issue but by now I've recognized it as a regional ban. I'd like to be whitelisted.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for Cirukcaller:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I cannot find a ban on this ckey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this explained to me before by a former admin within the community; it's a ban, but not a ban- it's a regional block, meaning like a filter to keep South America and Central America from entering the server by soft banning the Ckey and denying them connection to the server. Again, I can't even 'connect'--I'm entirely unable to make an IP connection with the server but the second I change account I can get in. No problem. I also can enter if I try to log in into a different PC from here, Panama, before it gets banned once again under what I imagine is the presumption that I'm not an English speakear thus unable to participate in the roleplay scene, which isn't the case.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afaik we don't do regional bans. We have many players from South America and I know a person from Panama that can play with no issue.

Are you using VPN? Do you get any message when connecting with your banned account?
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this is what I was told. It's not an attempt to slander or anything of the sort, conspiracy or otherwise--that it's a regional ban, that it's applied to non-English speaking people and it's a filter of sorts. Irregardless, I can't enter and I don't get any message, only 'connecting' and nothing else. This issue is non-existant with any other server and it's entirely correlated with CM. It started a year or two ago? I circumvented the issue by moving to a different country when I left Venezuela, in Colombia; it didn't happen in Colombia at all, and it happened again here in Panama.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirukcaller View Post
    snip
    Hi there, I looked into this and couldn't find any bans affecting you at all. This is quite possibly an issue with your ISP blocking BYOND, it may be worth checking your firewall settings and your router's firewall settings to see if they allow BYOND. You should also consider talking to your ISP about the problem. We have staff members that live in south America so I assure you we haven't blanket banned the country.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For clarification, we do not apply region-locks to any specific regions. There are large swathes of IP addresses blocked from connecting, but all of them are relating to VPN/illicit activity. Having checked your forum IP, it does not appear your range is in any of the lists we use to block such traffic.

You may want to get with someone knowledgeable and attempt to troubleshoot connectivity between your endpoint, and the server.
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Hi there, I looked into this and couldn't find any bans affecting you at all. This is quite possibly an issue with your ISP blocking BYOND, it may be worth checking your firewall settings and your router's firewall settings to see if they allow BYOND. You should also consider talking to your ISP about the problem. We have staff members that live in South America so I assure you we haven't blanket banned the country.
    I've already made the call and 1-) they don't know what Byond is 2-) I've long ago made all the necessary firewall steps to make sure Byond's entirely left unscathed, back in the ye olde Facepunch days. Also, this issue doesn't happen with absolutely any other server. In a moment of ennui, I went through the pager and ran every server to try and see if the problem happened at all. After the madness had passed, I concluded I could open 99% of all other Byond servers except CM.

Quote Originally Posted by NGGJamie View Post
    For clarification, we do not apply region-locks to any specific regions. There are large swathes of IP addresses blocked from connecting, but all of them are relating to VPN/illicit activity. Having checked your forum IP, it does not appear your range is in any of the lists we use to block such traffic.

You may want to get with someone knowledgeable and attempt to troubleshoot connectivity between your endpoint, and the server.
    This is good news for my fellow S-cuatorians and bad news for me. I don't use a VPN and have no issue being held accountable if I happen to mess up. I can also connect to CM with different accounts but, well, I refuse. Cirukcaller's a name I've gone by in this community for many, many years now and I'd prefer if it remained that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know there's nothing we can do on our end so I'll be closing this. Good luck, and if you don't manage you can always PM me to have your notes transferred into another ckey if that helps.