User Tag List

Thread: Lucifers son - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucifers son - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Lucifers Son
    Character Name?
    Charlie 'Strueth' Strobe
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Squad Leader
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    ThesoldierLLJK
    Total Ban Duration
    perm
    Remaining Duration
    perm
    What other servers do you play on?
    Pretty much all of them. VG, fallout, staff on hippie etc.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Used too, most recent ban was probably on some furry station a year ago for screwing with furries.
    Reason for Ban
    your actions as an SL of not following orders created a giant mess that cause the round to get derailed. Lucifers Son will be getting a Squad Leader ban for their actions which may be appealed for admin review.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    My appeal is that I was banned for my actions in not following orders as an SL, but I didn't actually know this was a rule that marines have to follow orders or face OOC consequences. I mean, I thought at the time the rule only applied to officer ranks and above (for obvious reasons). If the rule did actually exist half the marines on the server would get banned every round due to not following orders.
    I just thought, if you really where going to not follow orders you'd just get arrested, which I did and was fine with and didn't resist arrest at all because I expected it.
    I didn't expect a jobban, and I didn't attempt to defend myself in the report that actually got me banned due to not having the permission to reply within my own report. There where multiple admins on at the time, and none of them saw anything wrong with what I was doing and I wasn't even A-helped for my actions, because there's no rule actually saying that not following orders is an OOC consequences offence, or even if one of them can be seen that way it's such an ignored rule half the marines on the server should be jobbanned every round. (Exaggeration for effect, but seriously if I reported every marine that didn't follow my orders it'd be over 10 a round on high pop.)
    Now that I know of the excuse, and read something that cleared it up for me

'Being more clear regarding Squad Leaders who just ignore orders from Command - There's been more questions regarding this and I'll put it in a more straightforward explanation. If you're playing SL you can not just refuse to listen to Command's orders. "My headset wasn't working," or, "That order is bad," and excuses of the such aren't valid. Refusing to work with Command as SL is a failure to uphold the role requirements and if you do this you will be given a warning, with future infractions resulting in a ban from SL. This does not mean that SL are slaves to Command's will, you're still human and you can still adapt the plan to fit the situations your squad is in. Also, if you think orders given are "suicidal" for your squad, you can still refuse to comply; THAT SAID, you're still part of the Marines and you're down there to go to war, you can not pull this card over small dangers or things that put someone's life in danger. You're in the USCM to fight and you accept the danger that comes with this. This rule is not designed to restrict a SL's role-play and such, but it is a crack-down on SL who simply ignore Command because they don't personally like the orders or want to do their own thing.'

I wont allow this sort of thing to happen again. My defence is that I had no idea that SL's where OOC'ly enforced to follow commands, because it says that absolutely nowhere and every action taken shows a complete willingness for other SL's and marines to ignore commands orders with 0 consequences, other than IC ones.
    I really enjoy playing SL, it's my favourite role, and I've been doing it for ages. I like to think I'm only slightly incompetent at it, so I don't think a jobban for breaking a rule that's not even clearly (or at all) displayed on the rules page is fair.
    If it happens to me again? Hell perma ban me and not just from the role, but I had no idea I was doing something wrong (and obviously none of the 7 staff online at the time thought so either) at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be taking over this appeal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah my notes are awful, but the last serious one was 7/8~ months ago and that was more the squad really wanting to go down early and me allowing them, since I was bored and I'd never dropped that early anyway. Obviously, I haven't since, and there are large gaps inbetween my notes because they're just me seriously making mistakes and not thinking through my actions, I've never taken actions to seriously impede a round to that purpose or with that end result in mind, and I've been playing since the old OLD CM server existed. And as I hope you can see, I don't really get banned for 1 thing in particular, because I know that what I did before was wrong and corrected myself. Considering I play multiple times a week, usually anyway, and I've been playing since (starting at my first note, when I probably started 2014~) for 4+ years, say 2 rounds a week (Sadly way more) that's 104 rounds a year, x4 makes it over 400 rounds total. Considering some are longer and some are shorter, it's safe to say I've. At a minimum, played 600 hours of CM, max would be well over 1000 hours. With only 17 notes, that's around 0.02% of the time. Say half my notes affected a round negatively more than on a small scale, that'd be >0.01% of the rounds I've played involve me breaking a rule.

just trying to explain-away my bad notes lmao sorry
    tl;dr I play too much cm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Say half my notes affected a round negatively more than on a small scale, that'd be >0.01% of the rounds I've played involve me breaking a rule. [/QUOTE]
    sorry that's me being a professional dumbass, Obviously I broke a rule, I meant it moreso being 'broke a rule that seriously and negatively affected a round' . My English is ass

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right so I've come to a conclusion on this.

Clearly you're a long time player. You had a bit of a bad streak in '18 but nothing terrible. You don't seem like a terrible player or community member, I'm basing that off of the people whom I have spoken to about you.

Now, to the meat and potatoes of this. Disregarding everything that occurred in the round, you were banned for disregarding a legitimate command from the CO, a rule that can be found at //showthrea...on-Update-2019

The rule states:

What are the roles aside from MPs that will get banned if they insubordinate? I am thinking back to times when Xur was banned from SL for insubordination, despite the idea that "SLs must follow orders" isn't written down. - Currently, only MP roles are required to follow Marine Law. That said, Command roles are expected to work in-part with the rest of Command. Everyone is still Human and you're not bound like the Xeno, but a SL shouldn't refuse to follow any orders just because they don't want to. If that is a bad habit of some people, they may be job-banned from the role.
    That being said, we go out of our way to bash the rule book over our players heads whenever we get a chance however, I cannot find this rule anywhere else but in that thread. You created your forum at the end of September of this year, which leads me to believe that you have had very little interaction with our forums. Regardless, we do not demand that our players interact with our forums in any way, which, if you never did, you would not know about this rule. Based on this it is my opinion that you acted without knowing that this rule existed, thus, I am lifting this Job ban. A note will be entered stating this.

I kindly ask that you familiarize yourself with the rule clarification thread and abide by those rules. I would also ask that you reflect upon the incident that led to all of us this and ask yourself what you could have done better.

SL Job ban lifted.