Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Col.Rice - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Col.Rice

Player Name You Use Most?
    Kerry J. Morrison

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Banned once for EORG.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Ban lasted 3 hours and was because of EORG with Xenos.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Should only be used on incompetent command staffs, insubordinate enlisted personnels. Though, in my own way of thinking, the only way we should BE a member of the crew is for:
    1 - Plotting for a mutiny.
    2 - Intentionally harming fellow personnel.
    3 - Igniting fights between departments/squad.

The battlefield Execution mechanic is different from regular execution is that is executed on spot within any location, without trials or interrogration, While Regular execution is usually have been trialled and were authorized through discussion within other senior staffs to deem if the crewmember have violated enough for execution, if not. Then brig depend on the intensity of the crime they committed.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    A commanding officer should run his ship by being in the CiC during combat insertation phase. Aswell rountine inspection on departments and marines. It is also important that the CO should maintain good relations with both the Senior Staffs and the Enlisted Combatants and Support Staffs to maintain effeciency within each wings of the crews.

For the situations such Insubordinates personnels, fighting between members, are to be immidiately brigged. Even if MP. This can be easily handled by calling MPs to the location of the instigator.

While for situations such as possession of explosive equipments and unwarranted usage while on the ship for personal interest (Aka blows up Req door), The crewmember shall be deemed as unfit for combat operations and leaved for the MPs to handle.

The Captain are not meant to handle them directly but indirectly through MPs and XO.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    A high responisibility job that require flexiblity, speed and rapid adaption to the ongoing situation on the field aswell on the ship. Not too reckless but not too serious and of course, Caring for his fellow crewmembers.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I believe the role is as good as it is, i never really needed anything to operate in the field as aCO when i play as XO.

Though i would appreciate for a better communication system. Aswell direct channel with SLs and other Senior staffs.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I believe, i can contribute many things. I have been playing since 20 of August, 2019.
    I mained Command as PO, SO and XO for nearly a month (Start at September 4, 2019.)

I believe with my current skills, aswell my knowledge from my studies in the Vietnam Army will bring great efforts to our gameplay.

Though, i do not plan to play overly serious captain.

As a captain, i believe i should contribute in these ways:
    Win battles.
    Low casualties.
    Cares for his crewmembers.
    Use his Senior staffs to their full extense, no matter how useless they are, No man are useless, all man serve a purpose, just not utilized correctly.

Though mistakes will be made, False strategies, early push and friendly OB.

I'm not a genius in strategies. But i know my plans, But i also want to work with others. I have seen other captains, never rely on their fellow officers and field leaders, a shame.
    Some would even deploy,

So in the end: I'm the brain and the core of the crews, my mission is to unite them to work for me and win. Not act all alone.
    That how i will contribute.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Some says, heroes are forged by the fire of times. Some says heroes are born by god's blessing. But... Thats a story for another man... Cause this man that i'm talking about, is no hero. Just another common young man, wishing to change the world...

Kerry James Morrison, this young man named. Born in Manchester in a country called United Kingdom on December Eight of 2163. He wasn't unique, academic intelligent nor heroic.

But he was a fine man...

Kerry, Born in the rural area of Manchester from a military traditional family... Though, His father was a Weyland-Yutani Cargo ship captain while his mother were a former USCM reserve officer, She was a American and he was a British. Quite wierd ain't it? Anyway... Kerry have two brothers and a sisters, Kerry were the third brother, though, his two elder brothers overshadowed him: They were intelligent, academic achieved and successful. So Kerry were compared, even by his own parents. But he never faltered. He wasn't smart, he wasn't gifted.
    But he were iron-willed.

By the age of Eighteen, the young man we knows settled on his plan. He travelled to United Americas as a student. Hardworking and diligent with patience, he achieved his dream:
    To be able to enlist into the USCM like his mother before him and his Royal Navy grandfather. Its like its flow in his blood, the blood of a sailor.

Kerry, while not academic talented, he were a talented commander.
    During his times in the Academy, he were talented though he was carefree, abit unpredictable and insubordinate to the educators of the Navy. But yet, he never failed a test. For four years since his enrollment, he never failed. No matter how hard those educators tried to fail him. From threats to baseless accusiations.

Though, It were all just trials in his life... Until the first battle.

He fought hard, he fought well. He watched his marines dying from their helmet cam. For every fallen marine, abit of him dies with them. He didn't want anyone to die. A normal patrol mission turned out into a bloodbath, ambushed and overpowered by the UPP mass manpower.
    I can't remember how many times he break the table behind his seat. But, In the end, after a breakdown, he returns to his standard pose. Command with influence, I guess that how he is...

Kerry cares alot about his fellow personnel, no matter where they comes from. To him, they are his brothers and sisters... That why even in war, where death happens. Hes still sad, but he didn't break down, When i told him he should take some rest...
    He would just say: "If i take rest now, Who will avenge my brothers?"

The Kerry that i knows is Obnoxious, Carefree, extremely unreliable and overly attached to female crews.
    But yet, when in Command, its like a different personality: Diligent, Patient and very temperate. And to be frank: He truely thought this entire ship is his family. He cares about all of us.

When a Staff Officer doubt himself, he would calm them. When someone made a mistake, he would give them a donut nd says "No one is at fault in battle, fight on."

He always conservative in battle. Hes always lean on being more defensive. But he knows his strategy.

He doesn't rush, he doesn't charge. He diligently and patiently do it by phases.

In the end, Kerry won that battle. But not without a cost, Many men and women died. Kerry looked like his dead for a week. But he didn't cry nor he moans. He just stare into the void of space. Whispering words to himself. Asking for forgiveness because of his incompetency.

Ah, memories... Its been awhile. The kid that i know is no more.

I'm Rear Admiral Spencer, and this is my diary about a kid that i met when i was young. A kid that wasn't great, wasn't a hero, but were the symbol of his troops. One who would scarifice everything for his fellow battle brothers.

That the Kerry that i knew.

"So thats the story of the kid named Kerry. Admiral." -Rear Admiral Spencer said.

"Quite a long times ago, isn't it?" -The man said.

"A toast to our fallen brother Morrison." -Rear Admiral Spencer said as he raise his cup with the man.

And so the diary went into the memories of me and shipmates.
    The story of a man that i knew when i were young that i served with.
    Its just another story within the sailors of the USCM.

Not a hero, not a genius, not a god. Just a normal human being, born from dust and returned to the dust. Yet... He was happy.

So in the end... Everyone is the hero of their own story. This is the story of Kerry James Morrison, a average human being serving in the hundred warships of the USCM within millions of personnels. Just a name and a number in the ever-expanding world.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had Kerry serve as my XO in CIC before, and he has done quite well in my opinion. I would love to see him play as CO. +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fighting a xenos isn't easy to win every battles. The important in CM is a enjoyable round, don't aim for win battles. Low casualties? No matter how good your orders are, some marines are bald or bad so don't expect a low casualties. Going neutral since I don't see you in command staff yet. Your join date in CM forum is October 2019. You are still new here but keep playing until people recognize your character.

As a captain, i believe i should contribute in these ways:
    Win battles.
    Low casualties.
    Cares for his crewmembers.
    Use his Senior staffs to their full extense, no matter how useless they are, No man are useless, all man serve a purpose, just not utilized correctly.
    Last edited by ChengChan; 10-10-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheng... Its me... I was your XO. I thought your WL got removed?

And again. For me, i find all rounds enjoyable aslong as i win.
    Casualties happens, but low doesn't mean non-existant. Have you seen orders such as pushing underground right off the bat? Yeah.

Like i said: Nothing is preventable but i would try my best to reduce them. Not stop them.

Also i never joined the Forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col.Rice View Post
    Cheng... Its me... I was your XO. I thought your WL got removed?

And again. For me, i find all rounds enjoyable aslong as i win.
    Casualties happens, but low doesn't mean non-existant. Have you seen orders such as pushing underground right off the bat? Yeah.

Like i said: Nothing is preventable but i would try my best to reduce them. Not stop them.

Also i never joined the Forum.
    XO who? My whitelist is removed but I can give opinion here. I don't recognize you, man. Sorry. Still neutral so I'll observe you..
    Last edited by ChengChan; 10-10-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though Chen haven't saw him often, I have saw him quite a lot when I was in the game. Likely a timezone issue.
    And as from my point of view, Kerry's the one I want to see always.

Quote Originally Posted by Col.Rice View Post
    I'm not a genius in strategies. But i know my plans, But i also want to work with others.
    About that - Well, I have to disagree. His strategies had lead the mission to the victory a lot when I was the CO, as I often take the ideas of others.
    Micromanagement skills and critical thoughts, he is good already as the CIC staff member.

Also, quite rare - He is one of the person that cares about the morals on Marines. In fact, I want to say he's the best of it, as I haven't seen others giving care about their men THIS much.
    His words do make out some strength to fight a bit more longer. A thing I want to learn from him whenever he's playing as XO.

All seems good, but one thing I want to point out as a minus - He lurks and flirts the females a lot. Careful, future XO/SOs/SLs.

Except that one flaw, I would give +1 easily. Hope I can see you as the CO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a CO whitelist or even a CIC player, but that's not relevant since I'm only here to vouch for the fact that he actively played CIC, is an alright player and person and I believe you could trust him with the whitelist. +1 for what it's worth.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morrison... My man...

I think you forgot to underline something in your backstory. Where's the part where he seduces his staff officers and fraternizes with the enlisted, huh? You didn't put that in, why's that? hmm?? You know what you did, you massive flirt.

Your writing could be better, there's a lot of spelling and grammar errors, your character is being portrayed slightly as a snowflake - what with his being seemingly flawless in The Academy (despite multiple mentions that he wasn't very academically inclined - which is funny because learning tactics is all about the academics of studying military history and applications on the long term) with maybe a disciplinary note or two (or a dozen, with his flirting habits). Though I relate to his style of tactics. Big on defenses.

Despite the errors and writing miss-steps, It's good enough.

Though that aside, I particularly approve of how you outlined the Battlefield Execution question. You laid yourself some ground rules, and they determine your character's morality. However time will tell when you'll make a faux pass and you'll have to break your own rules. After all, being a captain can go wrong very easily; so watch your temper because the marines WILL fuck with you, they WILL fail you, and they WILL break the laws and rules you yourself laid out at any given time, given the opportunity. Some more than others.

You'll only have a handful you can trust, so remember those names very well and they will (probably) remember you.

Keep in mind that, as a captain and a marine, trying to get in bed with the women of the corps is frowned upon officially, so be verrryyyyyy careful with the way you word things. And if it gets public, you're gonna get bitchslapped by the brass and have a note on your record that's NEVER going away (Think of the amount of sensitivity classes and powerpoints they'll make you watch!).

In Character at least. I'm sure people love it OOC, I am certain.

I haven't seen you play too terribly much to give an opinion on your playstyle. But you've put a reasonable effort on your application (which is something), so I'll vouch for you for that. Have fun, when you get approved. And don't forget to put a recoil compensator on your mateba.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of spelling and grammatical errors, not important important but having proper spelling and grammar is important for proper relaying of information and to ensure respect. You will loose the respect of the soldiers rapidly and thus the ability to command them if your spelling is horrific. But in the end it ain't a big issue.

A major issue is you been only playing for 2 months. I would expect a CO to have 2-3 weeks of XO experience or basically 40 hours/20 rounds as XO. Too green for my taste.

Other issue is view of BEs, BEs are for people who attempt to usurp your authority or have committed a crime(s) worthy of execution. There is some leeway with meme BEs that are used to increase the net fun of the round but those are tricky, and in all honesty most of the time it involves killing Jones the cat so the CO gets enraged and kills the marine. The issue is you can not just BE people for insubordination(unless they stacked enough charges) or incompetence. Should be also noted executions have no trial and are based on if the crime has a max of execution or they have done enough crimes to warrant premabrig. Refer to the link for more information on crimes, there times, and executions https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Marine_Law.

-1 Get more time first.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�ve had you in CIC when I play as SL and when you do end up as my OW you do quite well. I haven�t payed all to much attention to you because well....combat....but when things were requested from me you dealt with them with ease. I ain�t whitelisted, but from my perspective as SL and once as your XO that I can remember I find you quite competent enough to lead as a CO.