Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Col.Rice - Commander Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDexFiles View Post
    Quiz's

1: The CL comes to CIC and bothers you with paperwork regarding the acquisition of a Xeno Egg while you are busy commanding the operation, and he's not leaving till it's all signed. What do you do?

2: It comes to your attention that a Bravo Engineer has died while in the custody of the MP's and the CMP, what steps do you take to resolve this issue?
    Howdy, sorry for slow reply. I was on business trip, now excuse me, i shall answer your quizzes:

1: Depend on the ground situations. I would casually leaves my chair to my XO with a few of headlines on what he should do and if things go wrong, feel free to radio me in, then i shall proceed dealing with the CL's absolutely tons of paperworks aswell plot for future operations on the ground. And if the XO contacts me, i would use the tablet to check map while signing. Cause thats possible.

2: In this situation during ops. I would have to leave the CiC to the XO, once again. Proceed myself to the crime scene, question the CMP aswell the MPs on how did the marine die. Though explaining in details on how we resolve such situation without proper investigation. I would like to say in these headlines:
    Hand over CiC to XO
    Proceed to crime scene
    Use the health scanner to determine cause of death.
    If related to CMP and MP, proceed with determination of whether if it violates common law. Usually would be permabrig of the related MP and/or execution, though i would prefer perma'ing someone than executing them.
    If not related to the CMP nor the MP team, then this is determined as a suicide and all related MP personnels are to be scolded for incompetency and letting the marine suicide. This have happened before when i was XO when a MP didn't strip a marine. He stabbed himself with a knife.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen you as command and played some rounds with you as it so why not?

+1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col.Rice View Post
    Howdy, sorry for slow reply. I was on business trip, now excuse me, i shall answer your quizzes:

1: Depend on the ground situations. I would casually leaves my chair to my XO with a few of headlines on what he should do and if things go wrong, feel free to radio me in, then i shall proceed dealing with the CL's absolutely tons of paperworks aswell plot for future operations on the ground. And if the XO contacts me, i would use the tablet to check map while signing. Cause thats possible.

2: In this situation during ops. I would have to leave the CiC to the XO, once again. Proceed myself to the crime scene, question the CMP aswell the MPs on how did the marine die. Though explaining in details on how we resolve such situation without proper investigation. I would like to say in these headlines:
    Hand over CiC to XO
    Proceed to crime scene
    Use the health scanner to determine cause of death.
    If related to CMP and MP, proceed with determination of whether if it violates common law. Usually would be permabrig of the related MP and/or execution, though i would prefer perma'ing someone than executing them.
    If not related to the CMP nor the MP team, then this is determined as a suicide and all related MP personnels are to be scolded for incompetency and letting the marine suicide. This have happened before when i was XO when a MP didn't strip a marine. He stabbed himself with a knife.
    You assume that since the mp team didn't kill them, it had to be a suicide? During a moment where an mp may need to take their eyes off of an inmate, a griefing marine, cheeky runner, or adminbus assassin could have done them in

Also, as a follow up to the two questions, what if you have no xo/cic team or any officers close enough to take over, which sometimes happens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologize, that was two weeks and i was spending most of my times in Tokyo and back and forth from Vietnam to Vancouver due to business reasons, anyway here my latw answers:
    I would assume the best case scenario in that part, thats my fault. But i did not, really expecting MP to kill someone, though that may be a possibility and require more times for investigation.
    A griefing marine? Thats can be reported.
    A cheeky runner? You did not specifically told me the ship is in blue or red.
    A Admeme? How the heck does i solve that?

As for your new question, i rarely ever deploys when i play CiC so i will handles it the ways i also do: Comm tablet as i run around SO section to observe each squads. A CO/XO have his true weapon: Communication.
    I use need to use it more without CiC staffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. So I think you might be more of the combat-focused type of CO, and usually that's a negative in my book. However, I don't think it'll impair your ability to RP and complete all aspects of being a CO.

You have some negative and some positive reviews. Some quite scathing and some quite approving. I've read most all of them and believe I have grasped a decent idea of you.

For me personally in that side of things, most of the people I know and trust are giving you positive reviews. Of the concerns I've read I'm not really seeing it. I won't mention names, but I saw one review that gave a negative based on you not playing in the last 24 hours of all things. That's not really an argument. Saw another claiming you don't really RP. That's a issue but based on the other reviews, I think you can when you want to and you know how and it won't hurt your gameplay. I saw one that critiqued the story and addressing that, I don't really know which way to go. The story is...average in my book. Not really good, but not total trash either. Is it bad for being a more third-person story? Not in my opinion.

I'm very hesitant though in giving +1 right now though but feel I should make these opinons known. I'll remain neutral (but I can say I'm leaning postivie )until I can get a better guage on you.

Good luck. I suggest you play more XO to get the name out there while awaiting the final verdict and other input.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to go ahead and -1 this, one of my main reasons being you advertised this in a way, asking and PMing people to "vouch" for you.

You aren't a bad XO in a sense, but what Scidiot voiced, voiced a lot of my concerns as well. Apply again and I'm sure you'll get it, as long as you fix some things in your app. Feel free to PM me.

I'll be leaving another post later in more depth.

Best of luck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you’re not a bad XO, but the app is lackluster and I don’t think the (lack thereof) community support allows me to look past that. For now, I’m going leave this with a -1, but if you brush up the app and come back I’m sure you’ll have a good shot.
    Last edited by scsnv; 11-22-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denied, Please reapply with the required time.

Otherwise Talk to a Council Member or Join our discord for help on polishing your app.