User Tag List

Thread: DonOmet - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DonOmet - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    DonOmet
    Character Name?
    Austin 'Docs' Roe
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Executive Officer
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Awesomesauce935
    Total Ban Duration
    Permenant
    Remaining Duration
    Permenant
    What other servers do you play on?
    I on occasion (Last time I played on these servers was 3 months ago), play Beestation and Bad Deathclaw.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I was banned on Deathclaw when I first started out, for killing SSD enemy during a legion base raid, I did not read the rules as I was a newer player at the time, and I suffered the consequences for it.
    Reason for Ban
    I'm writing this at the time of where I'm supposedly supposed to be banned (Awesomesauce messaged me saying that his ban function was broken.).

I was banned for an Invalid Execution, and I broke Rule 16.

"Rule 16. Battlefield Execution - Whitelisted Commanders are allowed to instantly kill any player at any time if the player fulfills the conditions found in Marine Law. Excessive or poorly-reasoned battlefield executions (such as BEing MPs over a valid arrest) may end with the Commander being removed from the whitelist."

and Rule 17

" Rule 17. Mutinies -

Mutinies must be Adminhelped by a chosen leader stating the reasoning and the players directly involved. There must be at least 5 members with MPs not eligible to mutiny.
    If the mutiny does not have a valid reason, it can't happen.

Only the Acting Commander can be mutinied against for their actions, decisions, or inactions. They must be given a chance to stand down peacefully.

During the mutiny, attacking any uninvolved, medical, or surrendered personnel is strictly forbidden, as is perma-killing anyone involved. If you have surrendered during a mutiny, you must remain as such.

Once concluded, all sides must be given medical treatment. Only a Captain or higher is able to deny treatment or battlefield execute specific mutineers."

(Situation summed up in a sentence)
    I had told a medic not to resuscitate an SO that went AWOL and abandoned his post.

(Longer Version)
    I encountered a medic trying to MedEvac an SO that I previously did not give permission to deploy, I told them not to MedEvac him and leave him to die. The medic tried reviving him by stating all people deserve life. I then took his body and dragged it away to an isolated part of the map so he could not be revived.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Alright so, I'll provide my argument and my side of the story.

The SO in question had a previous encounter with me before this, shipside comms had went down and I and another SO went to go fix it, when we were in lower Engineering, I saw the said SO (Which I hadn't seen in CiC for the majority of the game, I joined about an hour late to the operation, and the comms went out almost an hour later.), I told him to stop moving, and asked him where he was going, and he simply said "Fuck Off", I tried following him to no avail, as I still needed to fix the communications shipside.

Fast forward about a good 30 minutes, during the operation the CO had deployed, I was told the CO had died and I found it very confusing that announcements and OBs were being called that no man could call, UNLESS they had the command tablet. Well, after Dutch's Dozen (There was a HvP event going on, where Dutch's Dozen was spawned, as well as Predators.) had arrived on the ship I took them down to the planet for support to help fight the XENOs. They instead went to go fight the Predators instead, so I spent some time on the ground for the operation. After some fighting, I fell back to Hydro Bridge. Then I saw the said SO being MedEvac'd by a medic. I pulled the SO out of the stretcher, and said "Do not MedEvac this man, he's a deserter" or something along the lines of that. The Medic proved persistent as he attempted to try and revive him, I dragged his body away and hid it in the jungle, some short time later I was ahelped, and spent the next hour or so going back and forth with the administrator.

In this back and forth, he told me denying medical assistance to a member of the USCM/Civilian is similar to a BE, and in that regard I should've brought him back to life and imprisoned him and follow the guidelines for a normal execution, my argument for the situation was that, he no longer counted as a member of the USCM due to his desertion, his choices and actions had lead to his death, he chose this as he didn't ask for permission to deploy. Furthermore, I previously read up on the BE rules after my previous ban for IE, and I tried to figure out, what I did wrong in this situation. I did a re-read up on the rules, and said how was I suppose to know this? After 30 minutes of asking around, and even asking the person that reported me in the first place, this is what I've got.

(The following are DMs with the person that I denied medical assistance to, they gave permission for me to share these images.)

https://imgur.com/a/7TbxrZZ (In Mentor Channel, this is before I took things to DMs.)

https://imgur.com/a/l2rDmoJ (In DMs, again Ceyella gave me permission to post these DMs.)

In the DMs, it appears that Ceyella themselves, mistook me for another XO that deployed and gotten himself killed, like I said I joined an hour late. They continue to claim that I had griefed and don't understand the SO/Command structure well, as they've said themselves, they deployed almost every round and no one cares. And further states that, since the CO was dead, they didn't ask for permission. Ceyella clearly doesn't understand the role of an SO, they even had the audacity to say that I, a relatively seasoned player, don't understand the command roles well. But in clear text in the SO guide listed in the wiki, it states the following.

"Staff Officers (SO) are sixth in command after the Chief Engineer (CE), Requisitions Officer (RO) and Chief MP (CMP). A SO's primary objective is to support the marine squads using the Overwatch Consoles and to communicate with the crew of the ship so that key information can be relayed to all personnel, an example for this would be relaying to the doctors that there are injured about to land on the Almayer aboard the Normandy"

this here demonstrates the accuser doesn't have a solid grasp on CiC nor the SO role itself. Meaning her accusations, are relatively misguided in terms of this situation, how can we expect said accuser to have a basic grasp on what they're accusing me of, if they didn't understand the actions of what they've done in general, and what they're meant to do during the role they played during that round? Furthermore, I didn't grief, I had a valid roleplay reason, and the rules that I supposedly broke, aren't listed in the damn website. My reason for telling that medic not to revive Ceyella, was clear, they had looted the COs corpse, they disobeyed orders, went AWOL, and gave false orders. Their reason for giving orders, while an aCO was present, was the following, "when i took his tablet, and you claimed i led the men to thier deaths, when i really established our beachbed, and popped a gasser, and a carrier, myself, with a sidearm, then kept up the good orders, because cic was not taking charge.", I'll tell you why CiC wasn't taking charge, it was understaffed. Furthermore, the only rules that I can find, that denying USCM Personel/Staff medical treatment, is if they're a prisoner/mutineer.

Now, onto the staff member that issued my ban,

The staff member in question, Awesomesauce935 had shown this rule to me, as the primary rule that I've broken.

"Once concluded, all sides must be given medical treatment. Only a Captain or higher is able to deny treatment or battlefield execute specific mutineers. "

As some can tell, this was taken from Rule 17 under mutinies. And this specific part, "Only a Captain or a higher is able to deny treatment or battlefield execute specific mutineers.".
    The reason I'm bringing this up, is to simply say, this rule does not apply in the present situation as listed above, a mutiny was NOT present, there were NOT 5 mutineers, and furthermore I don't remember any mutiny being approved by the staff, nor any reason for a mutiny, as there was no mutiny present. This rule can't be used in this current circumstance, because I denied treatment to a deserter that went AWOL, I didn't deny it to a mutineer, as I've read up on this rule. After my 1st ban, I made it my priority to read up all about the BE rules and the XO guide so I wouldn't make this mistake again. Furthermore, you took the specific part, "Only a Captain or higher is able to deny treatment or battle execute.", and didn't bother telling me the rest of the rule, it was only after when trying to find it, that it specifically applied to mutineers.

And when you asked me the guidelines for executing someone for deserting, I gave you a short concise answer, because I had a game to play, I was playing a highly demanding role, as I needed to lead the operation and couldn't stand around for 5 minutes drafting up a full report on how to execute someone for deserting. So, I'm sorry if it came off to you that I was naive and didn't learn a thing from my previous ban, but I have. In the end,

All I want is to be able to play the Executive Officer role once more, I'm appealing to the Staff Team, and Wiki Team (They're the WIKI Experts, so if I've pasted a rule wrong, or got something wrong in the WIKI, they can point it out) to help resolve this ban and,

Thank you for reading this relatively long post, and I hope to make amends with Awesomesauce and Ceyella.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just gotten a reply from Awesomesauce, and I'd like to correct what I've gotten banned for,

"hard to determine as this dosen't specifically break a server rule, but rather was something that should never be done by an XO. Denying revive as an XO could come under Rules 2, 4, 15 and 17.As it's a job ban, it was a failure to understand the limitations of power and the application of procedure as XO. If you didn't have prior notes of similar circumstances as XO, it would only have been a warning but it had to be escalated"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After some thinking and contemplation, I'd like to withdraw this appeal, as I was extremely rash while making this, this appeal quickly turned from an appeal to a hit piece, and I would like to face the severity of punishments for a good while before I jump back into the XO role, I apologize for the inconvenience, and hopefully I'll be able to jump back into the role once I"m fully prepared, and have immersed myself once again in the proper operating procedures as an Executive Officer.

Thank you.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    resolved - appeal withdrawn
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.