0 Thread(s)

CCRWasHere - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    CCRWasHere

Marine Name
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No, and I never will.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes. I am familiar with it, and I plan to have the Predator Honor Code open if I play Predator until I understand it even on an esoteric level.

Yautja Character Story

Please don't TL;DR it. I put a lot of effort into making this story a good read, and it also shows my command of the English language - a skill I believe to be a good indicator of competence in roleplaying.

CHAPTER ONE
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CHAPTER TWO
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CHAPTER THREE
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CHAPTER FOUR
    Spoiler Spoiler:

EPILOGUE
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them

Jall Thar'n is consumed by a monomaniacal obsession with finding a single human named "Alan Drigger." Not quite to kill him, but - in a strange, Ouroboric way - to understand him, and thus more about himself. This will be done by focusing on capturing lone Marine players, and abducting them to the Yautja ship. From that point, the gate is open in terms of roleplay possibilities; where other Predator players might see a Worthy Prey to slay and be done with, I aim to enhance the rounds of other players whenever I can: whether it be to interrogate and set free, forced to fight as arena combatants, or let loose on the lost colony after the Alien hijack. This is by no means an admission that I won't hunt humans and gather trophies, but rather a statement that I intend to do more with some Marines than simply try to kill them.

Regarding hunting Aliens - and hunting in general - I'd call myself robust enough to provide a good challenge to skilled players.
    I'm also of the opinion that running around and acting like an attention-seeker, clown, or nuisance (not a threat) goes against the spirit of being a Predator; A Predator that racks up a balanced kill count of Marines and Xenomorphs, and then is met with "there was a Predator?!" in OOC, has performed to standard.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt

The ultimate goal of the Hunt is a simple one: to track down, kill, and harvest a trophy from a Worthy Prey. Because of what defines Prey as "Worthy," it is expected of the honorable Predator to show respect when slaying their target, for there lies only weakness in responding to strength of arms with anything but strength of arms. Striking from behind a cloaking device, using a plasmacaster to cripple before the death blow, and targeting those that cannot defend themselves are all anathema to the shame-based society of the Yautja, for being unable to kill your quarry without bringing them so low reflects that weakness upon yourself.

But, there exists an echelon that puts respect for one's foe above that even of the Worthy Prey: the honor duel. Strictly reserved for very limited situations - mainly when the honor between two Yautja are challenged, the honor duel tightens control on how two combatants may fight, for with an honor duel, it is no longer personal skill being put through the crucible of battle, but honor itself. It is a duel that can only be initiated by a Predator towards those with the capacity for honor: primarily other Yautja Hunters, but sometimes the human that has proven their might, cleverness, and understanding - never a Xenomorph, however, for they are brute beasts that are unable to grasp such noble concepts.

It is naturally fought only with melee weapons, and thus, fairness is paramount. The honor duel is usually to the death, but mercy is an option that may be given to an opponent that yields. Should a human be challenged, and should a human prevail in an honor duel, a gift is customary along with announcement to other Yautja of said human's achievement, for they are now our equal.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?

If you know my Marine character, "Jules," I enjoy talking about past operations (as seen in my Dossier); I like giving color to our pasts, for it makes the game world we play in feel more alive - more immersive, more persistant. If you've read my story, I also tell how Jall was raised under the tutelage of an Elder that interspersed knowledge lessons inbetween physical training. This comes together to give Jall a good balance between conversing with other Predators about past Hunts, personal triumphs and defeats, and the philosophies of Yautja society.

In terms of interacting with other Predator players during Hunts, because Jall was so easily humbled by a mere human, he is much more quick to assist other Hunters should they become overwhelmed, or if a joint effort is needed (such as to recover lost Yautja gear).
    Otherwise, he prefers to leave other Predators to their own machinations; the traumatic experience of his time in Space Vietnam has rendered him somewhat withdrawn.

A notable exception being debating matters of the Honor Code. In his formative years, his tutors taught him on matters abstract. And, on his hunt for Alan Drigger, Jall came face-to-face with the why of things. This was something he struggled to answer, so any points on the nature of the Hunt he is eager to discuss, and to make his voice known.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?

A Predator should be a role that turns rounds into stories. They consist of players trusted by the community to adhere to a higher standard. As a United States Marine in real life, I'm expected to conduct myself in a similar fashion: to be given the opportunity of doing things the easy, fun way, but still choosing to do what's right for the betterment of myself, and for those around me. I want to be given a whitelisted role to prove myself to the community.

On a more personal reason: I love this server, and I grew up with the 1987 Predator and 1990 Predator 2. I've used those two movies as a source of both material and inspiration for making Jall Thar'n, and I had a ton of fun writing up his story. At one point, I spend an entire liberty just typing away making his backstory, and I'm more than positive actually playing as him would be even better, should I be allowed to. I've been playing Colonial Marines for a few years, so I hope I can be entrusted with being a Predator.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great app. The story is enjoyable to read, and the quirk is quite interesting in my opinion! You're also a very good player, and well-known within the community.

However, there's something within your Quirk answer which I don't like, and that is your opinion of what a Predator should be: Quoting...

I'm also of the opinion that running around and acting like an attention-seeker, clown, or nuisance (not a threat) goes against the spirit of being a Predator; A Predator that racks up a balanced kill count of Marines and Xenomorphs, and then is met with "there was a Predator?!" in OOC, has performed to standard.
    Indeed, attention-seeking and clownish Predators are frowned upon. However, I do believe that a CM-13 Yautja should be a role which would spice up the round for both sides, and provide good RP with the Marines and other Predators. As a newly-whitelisted Predator I can tell you that it's rather difficult to RP as one, and if RP is what you wish then you'll be rather disappointed here; but if you intend to rack up a balanced kill count and maintain your stealthiness, then you'll have a lot of fun here.

Big +1, see you on the Hunt!
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finally,

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can't wait to ghetto decap you with your own weapon, fellow retard +1

Whitelisted Captain Glass Bottle Coke's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Space Vietnam was a rough time for everyone, man. +1

Yautja Council Member CCRWasHere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderut22 View Post
    Attention-seeking and clownish Predators are frowned upon. However, I do believe that a CM-13 Yautja should be a role which would spice up the round for both sides, and provide good RP with the Marines and other Predators. As a newly-whitelisted Predator I can tell you that it's rather difficult to RP as one, and if RP is what you wish then you'll be rather disappointed here; but if you intend to rack up a balanced kill count and maintain your stealthiness, then you'll have a lot of fun here.

Big +1, see you on the Hunt!
    An understandable viewpoint. SS13 does has an inherent zaniness about it, but I believe this attittude was entirely born from the playerbase, and thus is something that can be changed.
    I'm a proponent for making CM-SS13 more roleplay-intensive, but I do also enjoy it for just wanting to have fun. Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by JennerH View Post
    Space Vietnam was a rough time for everyone, man. +1
    Not everyone who came home from Space 'Nam ever left there...
    Julian 'Jules' Petrov | MARINE

Jall Thar'n | PREDATOR

Dossier
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    time to kidnap survivors with you heehehHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHHEHE +1
    beast

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good player, nice app +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good story.. good answers.

However like Anderut said, you will have difficulties with RPing as a pred and it is harder than you think. It wasn't just because of the player-base but because of how Preds exist in the game itself.

+1
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay good good. +1 I'll challenge you soon

Community Mentor