Lolziam - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Lolziam

Marine Name
    Frank 'Ocelot' Stumpling

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Vul-Kash

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    I have never received a ban on any Space Station 13 server.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I am familiar with the honor code, truth be said, it is one of the main reasons I wish to roleplay as a predator.

Yautja Character Story
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Vul-Kash is a Yautja that hunts not just for sport, but to feast as well. He takes joy from feasting on his prey and capturing trophies. He is interested in learning more about hunting techniques, different preys and how to hunt with as less equipment as possible, as his clan gave him lectures in such ways of combat.

I intend to play Vul-Kash curiously, to hunt and feast. To interact with others and help them help me by providing roleplay, thus receiving theirs.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    The hunt is the sport, the game, the thrill and the way of life for a Yautja. The hunting of dangerous species is what makes them who they are, the real Apex Predators. They adapt and wield the deadliest of equipment, proving themselves worthy of facing any foe. Through hunting they maintain their honor and prove their skills and superiority, through what and how many preys they can hunt. Of course, the more dangerous, the better.

A honor duel is an encounter, a showdown, a fight between two opponents that wields a strict ruleset. The duel must take place against a foe that IS capable of taking down a Yautja. There must be no treachery for the death of one or the other to be considered honorable (by the Yautja). As such, the Yautja must, in a honorable duel, fight with equipment to match that of his foe. As such, he must not fight with ranged weaponry, only melee, for example.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Given the ways of his clan and his purpose, Vul-Kash will of course interact, especially feast with other predators, or at least offer them the possibility to do so. He would even talk about his trophies or exchange an idea or two about how to hunt more efficiently.

I will definitely use him to provide myself and the others with roleplay so we may all enjoy it.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    As answered above, the main reason why I wish this whitelist is to expand the ways I can roleplay with the other players, not just as a marine or as a xenomorph, but as the last step into this universe, the Yautja.

It would be a great new experience that I will use not for my own enjoyment, but for the enjoyment of others as well. Thus, I appreciate any feedback on this application so I know if there is anything else to improve or if others are or will be happy to interact with me!

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fellow follower of Thardha. Amazing! Not an instant +1 however; we've got to analyze the application first.

What is saddening about the story is that you fell in the trap of writing a combat story. About half of your story is about hunting a xenomorph; hunts, or combat sequences, portray little about your Yautja's personality and his thoughts and beliefs. There is a lack of 1st person action here, aswell. I did enjoy the dialogue, however! It was engaging, portrayed your Yautja's quirk and expanded his character somewhat.

The quirk is quite interesting, and I like that it provides other Predators with fun RP. The HonorDuel-Hunt difference question's answer is quite good aswell!

I've never seen your character in-game, but the application overall is rather solid.

I'm neutral leaning towards +1 on this one; it would've been a full +1 if not for the drawbacks regarding the story.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I've lately played under different character names but Frank 'Ocelot' Stumpling along with Frank Wilde, or Frank 'Serious' Wilde are the ones I used most.

As for your feedback, I understand it entirely. Honestly, I wanted to express through this fight how the clan leans towards a Yautja's skills rather than his equipment. It was a challenge as it was my first story written under the AvP universe. I am glad you enjoyed it and I will make sure to put all feedback to good use!

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the story, and I think Anderut has addressed all my concerns.

Don't make me fat on stew please.

+1
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderut mostly covered it, honestly. I'm fine with the combat story. I feel like Anderut has some wrong expectations on stories and what not, but that's fine.

I'll +1 this, on that -- your story wasn't perfect, but it was good enough, as were the answers.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Sleepys assessment of it, The story and answers are good.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thank you all for the feedback, as it means a lot to me. I learn through mistakes and look forward to improve, all the time

I am ready to adress any other concerns regarding the Predator's quirks or story if needed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All has been said. +1
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much appreciated. Thank you for your feedback!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All has been said yeah. +1 good luck, bud!

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019