User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Marine Law Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the wiki/rules team think this is valuable to be pinned as a "Marine Law rework" thread since there are a few others of those there?
    Last edited by alexpkeaton; 11-16-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really. It keeps pretty close to the top of the subforum anyhow. Its placement and whether or not it got pinned is pretty arbitrary.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs should be renamed to Commissars and armed with mateba. Marine law should be reduced to minimum sentence NJP and maximum execution. Resisting arrest automatically upgrades it to the maximum sentence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CMP should be able to freely kick MPs off of the force if they want to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so an anti-MP shitter (of which there are many) can take CMP and kick anyone out of the MPs just because? poor suggestion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musely View Post
    so an anti-MP shitter (of which there are many) can take CMP and kick anyone out of the MPs just because? poor suggestion
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the MP in question was removed "unjustly", can't you put a fax over to High Command or whatever?
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While MPs can fax High Command, you won't, most likely, get response, because moderators are either busy with playing or replying to ahelps. It takes a lot of effort to write RP fax for moderator, as I was told. It is better to ahelp in cases, if CMP is breaking Marine Law (You can send fax, if issue is not major and does not require rough OOC intervetion. For example, if CMP gave out booze to marines).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be something in Marine law about whether or not civilians (like the CL and survivors) can be armed, and if so just how armed and under what circumstances.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heraclitus, it is covered in SOP and Marine Law under FFP crime.

According to SOP CL and civies can have sidearms on blue and everything else on Red.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    There should be something in Marine law about whether or not civilians (like the CL and survivors) can be armed, and if so just how armed and under what circumstances.
    From the SOP:

Authorised Weapons
    Code Green - Authorized Weapons may be carried by deploying marines (any standard issue weapon or weapon ordered from requisitions), security (non-lethals and sidearms only) and commissioned officers and Cargo Technicians (sidearms).
    Code Blue - All crew are authorized pistols. Military Police may carry any lethal weapons.
    Code Red - No Weapon Restrictions
    Code Delta - Normally happens when one of the Dropships crashes on the Almayer. You are authorized to use ANY kind of weaponry. The acting Commanding Officer may order a general Evacuation, Self Destruction of the ship, or hold the Almayer.
    Exception: Firearm use and possession is allowed if you or someone you are responsible for are in immediate, life-threatening danger and the appropriate code-level has not been set.
    As CL is part of the crew they must abide with this SOP.

Third Party Personnel
    Marines are encouraged to peacefully recover any third party personnel found in an area of operations and offer them refuge within their ship. All personnel recovered from a combat zone must be searched on arrival and their weapons and unauthorized items secured within the Brig. They may keep their clothes and tools, provided they are not used for criminal purposes. They must also be provided with adequate medical care and sustenance. Civilian personnel recovered may be given a temporary junior position in a department should their qualifications allow for it as outlined in Employment procedure, but may not be conscripted into the USCM on-site.

Third Party Military or Paramilitary forces may be allowed to keep their weaponry, provided their presence is beneficial to the operation.
    This section covers the civilians.