0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps it's time I reread marine law.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We mods are also reluctant to respond to faxes because we cannot do events - and any meaningful fax response can induce one. So a good bunch of us just never touches the matter.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post
    We mods are also reluctant to respond to faxes because we cannot do events - and any meaningful fax response can induce one. So a good bunch of us just never touches the matter.
    Right, like a "This is why we can't have nice things" because I'm assuming that there have been incidents in the past where telling the CL "Great work, try to collect more information about the operation" can lead to "The CL holds CIC hostage with a crate of HEFAs."
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musely View Post
    so an anti-MP shitter (of which there are many) can take CMP and kick anyone out of the MPs just because? poor suggestion
    There wouldn't be as many people who hated MPs if you didn't act like a Hitler full of Stalins every time you played one. And yes, my suggestion is because of you, specifically.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, currently in marine law there is no crime for committing an accident short of manslaughter. Like, I wasn't allowed to execute a guy who had nearly killed 8 people. He even accepted execution over perma. But since no one technically died from it, he had broken 0, maybe 1 law. If we could clarify accidents in Marine law that would be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accidents that cause injuries fall under dereliction of duty/not performing duty to standard. That being said, if it's a genuine accident, why punish them?

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually had the situation of someone throwing eggs at MPs. Guy threw like 12. Gave him disorderly conduct, since I would consider LE to be one of the primary operations of the ship. Kind of a gray area, yeah, since primary areas are not defined anywhere.

Now, my question. In a recent round we had CL sabotaging Defcon by stealing corpses, since the command was aiming at the nuke and CL wanted to sabotage that. Disorderly conduct fits here, but MPs went for sedition. This fits in general, but not if we go narrowly by the description in the ML.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post
    this could be easily solved by making the role white listed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Change punishment from Min/Max timers to a three strike system for minor/major crimes

>Be marine
    >Accidentally destroy something
    >Get MP screaming get down
    >Comply
    >Get 30 minutes for destruction of government property
    >30 minutes
    >your round is ruined, game over
    >AFK

Congratulations you succesfully removed a player/added a new beno!

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that maybe needs more clarification on the wki is that the CO say in marine law enforcement is rather peculiar. From what I gathered from CMP and other pages:
    Let's take the example of CL sabotaging Defcon. CO decides to give disorderly, CMP overrules and says, no, it's sedition. Then CL asks for CO to process his appeal and CO states disorderly again and this time CMP cannot overrule since he cannot overrule CO appeals.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew