User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine Law Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Personally I find that "Disrespecting a superior Officer" should not stack. This means that if I call the PO and idiot three times I can be executed.
    If you click the latest link that crime is not there anymore.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh didn't think to check whether there were newer revisions than the one that shows up at the Marine Law page.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it is a draft so nothing is official yet.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan View Post
    A cop that does not like you during a stop can give you any ticket that applies.
    If they do like you you get a warning.
    You can just expect the maximum punishment for the crime if you feel you are that disliked.
    Also, somehow this never happens to me when it's just one crime that is commited but only when you escalate?

SO? when do we ever do anything based on realism. Who cares if you dont get fucked over. I do and so do many other people. Its a game. Im not here to sit in jail because someone doesnt like me OOC. It should be uniform.

also cops dont determine punishment, the court/judge/jury does.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    SO? when do we ever do anything based on realism. Who cares if you dont get fucked over. I do and so do many other people. Its a game. Im not here to sit in jail because someone doesnt like me OOC. It should be uniform.

also cops dont determine punishment, the court/judge/jury does.
    Lets see. The naming rule is based upon real names. The sanity rule. The no laser gun policy. The rank system. Welp seems we do do stuff based upon irl.

Imo it cannot be uniform because people would complain about circumstances needing a lesser punishment.
    This means that if you take the minimun punishment as a baseline either mps have to punish below minimum. (And that drags the entirety of marine law down and makes it a sham imo.) Or you have to remove stuff that decreases your timer. Now that imo means that means that no matter why you did the crime you always do the full time.
    And thats also not really constructive.

So the only way I feel I can do what you are saying is by making the time not the minimum time. And that means everyone else has to serve more time because you feel treated unfairly.

Next up cops are free to a certain degree to ignore crimes. And to not ticket you so. A cop can decide your punishment. They can ignore you. Informaly warn you. Formally warn you, ticket you, ticket you for all 3 things you did wrong or even follow you long enough until you commit a traffic infraction and ticket you for that.

Next up here the cmp chooses the charges and thus time. Its no longer the arresting mp. So its not the same person either.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan View Post
    Quite odd how it already says this for anything that removes a player from the round.
    It's almost as if you did not read the op or document.
    It still contains stuff about faxing which is bad for marine law, faxes take way too long in general, by the time a fax reply comes (if it ever comes) the round is basically already ruined for someone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    It still contains stuff about faxing which is bad for marine law, faxes take way too long in general, by the time a fax reply comes (if it ever comes) the round is basically already ruined for someone.
    Lets see, you need to inform hc to suspend appeals.
    Seems that this needs no reply. It says inform.
    You can appeal again per fax to hc. This is a second appeal and should not be expected to assist you. Your besr chance is and should be an appeal to the cmp and co.

Next are pardons. Pardons cannot be dealt with by staff and is a player report thing.

Last is arresting the co where it says you can ahelp for it.
    What fax if not replied to ruins a round?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awan is already killing it as far as engaging with you guys goes, so I'm not going to add onto all of his answers with ones of my own, but I will say that even if I or we disagree with your ideas, rest assured they're being put aside for further discussion. If any of us say your idea is stupid or bad or silly, that's just, like, our opinions, man.

But in all seriousness, it won't necessarily reflect the ML changes that you actually end up seeing, it's just us challenging others or seeing if our own ideas get challenged. So don't feel discouraged or anything.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owh certainly I prefaced my post saying this is all concept and everything in here will be discussed. Its also the reason we made the forum topic. So engage. If I come across as a bit hostile or direct do not take it in a bad way. Or discourage yourself from posting. I am looking for discussion and workable ideas. and most feedback is taken along for the ride. Everything in here will be discussed.