User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you allow MPs to get guns?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 35.09%
  • Yes, but only smartpistols

13 22.81%
  • No

24 42.11%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellow CT/RO mains, do you allow MPs to get weapons from Requisitions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Fellow CT/RO mains, do you allow MPs to get weapons from Requisitions?

As we all know MPs are powerhungry megalomaniacs who can't be trusted with a squirt gun. Personally I don't allow MPs to get weapons unless ordered to by the CO/XO/RO, but I was wondering whether other players followed the same policy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I managed to answer my own damn poll wrong.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MP's can literally walk into Squad Prep and take any Marine weapon they want. You can only prevent them from obtaining attachements, or restricted/limited weaponry. They also can't carry anything more than a sidearm on green (OOC rules), so that is another point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    MP's can literally walk into Squad Prep and take any Marine weapon they want. You can only prevent them from obtaining attachements, or restricted/limited weaponry. They also can't carry anything more than a sidearm on green (OOC rules), so that is another point.
    You can tell them to leave if they try it in cargo at least and they have to do so.
    Last edited by juliansl; 10-14-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    You can tell them to leave if they try it in cargo at least and they have to do so.
    Only as RO you can order MP's to leave Cargo, since they have higher rank than CT. CT can only ask them to leave, they are not bound IC, or OOC to leave.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Only as RO you can order MP's to leave Cargo, since they have higher rank than CT. CT can only ask them to leave, they are not bound IC, or OOC to leave.
    I could have sworn that there was something in the SOP about CTs only having to take orders from the RO, but I can't find it so I guess I was wrong on that part.

Ah, I found it in the Cargo Technician page.
    You are fully within your rights to deny anyone service for any reason
    But this is neither in the SOP or Marine Law so I don't think it's actually a rule.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    I could have sworn that there was something in the SOP about CTs only having to take orders from the RO, but I can't find it so I guess I was wrong on that part.

Ah, I found it in the Cargo Technician page.

But this is neither in the SOP or Marine Law so I don't think it's actually a rule.
    No, CT is enlisted, he is a part of military, he takes orders from anyone higher than he is, so this means SL, MP and higher.

"You are fully within your rights to deny anyone service for any reason" This means you can deny giving out Attachement/Weapons/Ammo/Gear to PFC's, Engineers and Medics, but that's about it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always tell MPs to piss off
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sometimes as MP/CMP ill get attachies for my gun, cargo staff usually do since im careful not to obstruct deployment or the req line when i ask, and i only get like 2 to three common attacchies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    sometimes as MP/CMP ill get attachies for my gun, cargo staff usually do since im careful not to obstruct deployment or the req line when i ask, and i only get like 2 to three common attacchies
    Well you better not try it when I'm RO, I don't let antags wander around in my area. /s