User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you allow MPs to get guns?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 35.09%
  • Yes, but only smartpistols

13 22.81%
  • No

24 42.11%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fellow CT/RO mains, do you allow MPs to get weapons from Requisitions?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it after the rush why not. Gives something for the CTs to do.

Otherwise give them a revolver with heavy, if they get jumped by a runner they got a shotgun in a small arm. Won't save them from lurkers though but nothing lives 1v1 against a lurker worth their salt.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    If it after the rush why not. Gives something for the CTs to do.

Otherwise give them a revolver with heavy, if they get jumped by a runner they got a shotgun in a small arm. Won't save them from lurkers though but nothing lives 1v1 against a lurker worth their salt.
    flamers fucking do though, especially slug shottie/flamer

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As CMP (not as MP) I sometimes ask for a several rail flashlights that I proceed to store near the brig armory. Guns themselves, however, are a hard no. I never ask for them nor would I ever give them to MPs.

However I have the fortune of rarely dealing with MPs at all, and when they do come to me they usually ask for (medical) pouches and similar stuff.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not? MPs often have to search the ship for larva and the like, and during an impromptu riot you can use an AP side arm to put down marines if you're out of flashbangs and surrounded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Only as RO you can order MP's to leave Cargo, since they have higher rank than CT. CT can only ask them to leave, they are not bound IC, or OOC to leave.
    Honestly, I saw this discussed many times but for real, rank does not matter as much when there's a difference between the departments, yes?

The CT is an SGT within the Requisitions, the MP is an SSGT within the Military Police Department.

The MP shouldn't be allowed to disregard the CT's orders while he is inside the Cargo Department without a warrant or ordered by his commander. The CT is in charge of his department, even if he is outranked by the MP.

EDIT: When I'm saying 'Orders' I mean the usual denial of service or requesting the MP's to leave the premises if they're not within the Cargo Department with an official reason.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolziam View Post
    Honestly, I saw this discussed many times but for real, rank does not matter as much when there's a difference between the departments, yes?

The CT is an SGT within the Requisitions, the MP is an SSGT within the Military Police Department.

The MP shouldn't be allowed to disregard the CT's orders while he is inside the Cargo Department without a warrant or ordered by his commander. The CT is in charge of his department, even if he is outranked by the MP.

EDIT: When I'm saying 'Orders' I mean the usual denial of service or requesting the MP's to leave the premises if they're not within the Cargo Department with an official reason.
    In this case why MP's can disregard PFC's orders to leave the Prep room? Since they are in different departments? Why SO's valid orders can't be disregarded by MP's since they are in different departments? It's all pretty BS, rank works overall, MP can order everything to lower ranks, higher and equal to MP can override such orders.
    Otherwise rank becomes pointless.

CT's aren't in charge of Cargo Department, RO is.

Medical having no rank can't order anyone to do anything, they can only ask MP's to get rid of inconvinient PFC's.
    Last edited by CABAL; 10-20-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Staff Officer is a commanding officer that is assigned to a specific squad and provides them with overwatch support and makes sure they follow orders.

They shouldn't have a reason to order MP's around.

The same way the MP's are on the Almayer to maintain Marine Law. Their rank is simply a requirement for the position they're in.

A private wouldn't be as experienced as a Staff Sergeant when it comes to Marine Law.

Therefore, a PFC is and will always be free to disregard an MP's order.

He's a Staff Sergeant? Cool. But he's not a marine. He's a military cop. His duty is to look after, not order around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Staff Officer is a commanding officer that is assigned to a specific squad and provides them with overwatch support and makes sure they follow orders.

That is actually incorrect as SOs are commissioned officers. In marine law, an order to arrest by an SO cannot be ignored by MPs and must be followed through with ten minutes to investigate after the person is in custody. Normally this is to handle a marine going off from the squad, disobeying orders, advocating for mutiny, and/or insulting command.

"While rank is to be respected at all times, during normal operations, command is determined by position. If someone is given conflicting orders, they must give priority to those of their department�s superior" ~ Marine law.
    "Enlisted: Enlisted personnel must obey any lawful order given to them by commissioned officers, with priority given to the CO, XO and those of their department. Additionally, enlisted combat marines must obey the orders of enlisted personnel with higher rank than theirs." ~ Also Marine Law

What that means is someone of higher rank can give the order from different departments, but their department orders take precedent. I believe the general assumption for all departments is to follow MPs orders.

Generally speaking, sometimes to enforce marine law one has to issue an order to do xyz, or not to do xyz. To either make the arresting process easier, to give players clear warning that they could be arrested, or to handle a crowd of people. Otherwise, it could never be effectively enforced with the only tool of brute force (de baton).

MPs are also allowed in cargo because they have access. That is the general rule relating to trespassing. They can get denied by someone with authority such as a RO, but not a CT. Thus the world just, no power tripping CTs can rule over the boys that read the red book of justice with the zeal to convert others to it name.

When I normally play CT, I give MPs attachments unless the RO forbids it by actions or words. If they have to use it, they probably have good reasons. They are terribly underwhelming when fighting a mutiny as is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same way the MP's are on the Almayer to maintain Marine Law. Their rank is simply a requirement for the position they're in.

A private wouldn't be as experienced as a Staff Sergeant when it comes to Marine Law.

He's a Staff Sergeant? Cool. But he's not a marine. He's a military cop. His duty is to look after, not order around.
    An SO is a commissioned officer in the marine Corp. Still a marine. An MP is a member of the marine Corp. Also still a marine.
    All military personnel on the almayer are marines whether they are frontline combat or not. You're all technically on the same team and therefore PFCs are subordinate to MPs in regards to being out ranked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really give a damn whether or not the MPs have M41s or not, the moment they start shooting it at people instead of using tazers it's already an OOC issue with actual impact and should be ahelped as staff would say it, they're also not supposed to carry one but just carrying it doesn't really change anything.