October 14, 2019
    Your Character Name?
    Frank 'Ocelot' Stumpling
    Their BYOND Key
    UntoldTactics
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    11:00 AM GMT+2
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    None. I am not blaming the staff member for the outcome of the incident.
    Description of the incident
    During the evacuation of LZ-2 on the LV map, the Command team within CiC were throwing out the blame from one squad to another, and that the reason LZ2 is falling are the marines, not following orders.

Now I don't know the reason why it had gone so bad, it was a morning in GMT+2 and it's usually lowpop, but In-Character, I was fuming. I could not stand and listen for the continuous blame the command staff put on the marines. I was Bravo's Squad Leader at that time.

Once the Normandy landed, we were still fighting the xenos and not shortly after Normandy finished it's cooldown, it departed.

Of course, not everyone evacced, the blame was thrown, again, left and right, people died, members of my squad did. So as soon as we reached the Almayer I decided that, instead of waiting for the xenos to come, I would spend my time roleplaying this fury and drama up on CiC. I took a few squad members and stated that we'd go up there and "get rid" of those "idiots". Of course, the words were harsh, but our intention was not, at all, mutiny.

Of course we were called out for mutiny even before we got to CiC. We arrived there and we were not there to harm or kill the command staff, the gimmick was to simply scream, shout and be angry at each other until the xenos would arrive in a very clich� Hollywood moment where everything goes down and we'd have to join forces and start fighting the threat together.

It didn't go down like that. As we were trying to gain access to CiC, I told the SO behind the doors to get down as we'd come through. Out of panick or whatever, she opened the doors and..fired, striking my several times with her service pistol. I took cover and the other bravo marines moved in, or at least the one with a flamethrower. She got burned, we tried to defend ourseleves, I opened fire back to retaliate. Things degenerated and I have been found guilty of unauthorized mutiny.

Now let me tell you that I am aware that a mutiny or any other action which could largely impact the round must be done with admin approval. I did not request admin approval thinking that it might not degenerate, it would end in just threats and talking until the aliens arrive. But before we could open ourselves to discussions, the SO fired. I understand why, she was panicked, scared, we were grunts trying to break into the command room.

I am sorry for the confusion, for those who were part of it and for panicking the player behind the SO and making him/her open fire into us.

We, I never wanted a mutiny. I didn't want it to come this far. I wanted to roleplay, I wanted others to enjoy my roleplay and I, in turn, enjoy theirs.

I understand my mistake, but it was not a mutiny, it was never meant to be.
    Evidence
    I have no screenshots nor message logs saved.
    How you would punish the accused
    I do not want to punish the staff member. He came online, probably only took care of this ticket and went off the server.

That is why I wish to explain myself here and the situation. I do not want him punished, I simply wanted to explain myself to the staff member that had been in charge of that situation, the staff team and the community members that were part of that incident/round, that I am not a player willing to do things such as killing and uphold random gimmicks that are no fun.

I seek roleplay. That is why I wanted to appeal this note, I did not want it to be considered mutiny.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not my domain but I had to ask, why did you file a staff report, if you do not want to punish the accused, and the only reason you posted this was to appeal the note?
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked several people what should be done regarding this, I inspected the forms and there was only a Ban Appeal form, no evident "Punishment Appeal".

I was directed to make a "Staff Report".

If this can be solved any other way, I am willing to withdraw this thread.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes are not appeal-able. Notes are removed by managers if they are issued because of staff negligence, or staff misconduct. An example being: a mod/admin notes or bans someone for improper escalation, but fails to look at combat logs and see there was proper escalation.

It sounds like you're trying to justify your actions, which is understandable, but in the end I remember the call from mods for assistance because they had a improper munity happening. If you and 4 other players have a RP justification for blaming command, you can mutiny as long as its ahelped for permission.

Before I ask a mod/admin to pull logs, I have to ask, do you think our mods acted with misconduct or negligence in this case, because it doesn't look like it to me.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 10-14-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely do not believe they acted with misconduct or any sort of neglicence. I admit I am the one who neglected the situation, I tried to roleplay without realising that things can escalate into... What they had already escalated.

In this case, given what you have said regarding notes, I am willing to withdraw this report and accept the note regarding the Unauthorized Mutiny, even though that was not, ideally, the result we were going for, it happened.

I'll take it as a learning experince for my future in Colonial Marines. And I thank you all for taking the time to offer clarifications and of course, I am sorry for bothering in such way.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're ever unsure if something just ahelp or use our discord server and ask in #staff-help.
    I'm going to consider this one resolved.