User Tag List

Thread: CS190 - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CS190 - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    CaptainStubbs
    Character Name?
    WH-Y
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Xeno
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Don't remember
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    None.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No.
    Reason for Ban
    Low RP
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I said "Reee" as a Ravager.

I have multiple warnings for netspeak, but I've been good and have made an effort to stop, and I have.

I understand that there is now increased scrutiny for LRP, but I didn't realize that bans were being issued for saying "Reee" because of how often I still see it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Notes for Captainstubbs

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be taking over this appeal

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CS190 View Post
    snip
    Long story short, you managed to rack up a ton of notes in under a month, most of which are related to LRP rule breaches. The staff that I've talked to are split.

On one hand you have a ton of notes, but most of them are over a minor issue.

On the other than you have a ton of notes all related to the same issue (mostly) and there didn't seem to be any improvement on your end leading up to the ban.

My query to you is, is how are you going to insure us that you're going to put a cork in this behavior of yours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like I have been improving, I've been playing a lot lately and I've been making a conscious effort to get better. My first hiccups were because that's how I talk in real life, I know it's a bit childish but it was really hard for me to stop but I have dramatically improved since I started playing on CM, at least I thought so until my ban. I'm not the greatest roleplayer obviously, but I've been trying really hard to fit in.

I understand that I'm on thin ice right now and I only have myself to blame for that, I can't promise that I won't fuck up again, but I can promise that I will try my best.

I will also say that you don't have to take my word for it that I'm improving. I don't want to ask you to do extra work but if you can pull up any of my dialogue from that last week while I've been xeno banned I think you will see how far I've come from sounding like I'm typing with my thumbs. In addition I believe my last two admin interactions were me asking for advice on how to not get banned when other players were putting me in a tenuous situation. One if i recall correctly was a CL implying I should kill humans to protect him and another was an officer saying to hunt down and kill the captain for the keys for evac.

Tl;dr I know I've fucked up, but I'm genuinely trying to be better.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CS190 View Post
    I feel like I have been improving, I've been playing a lot lately and I've been making a conscious effort to get better. My first hiccups were because that's how I talk in real life, I know it's a bit childish but it was really hard for me to stop but I have dramatically improved since I started playing on CM, at least I thought so until my ban. I'm not the greatest roleplayer obviously, but I've been trying really hard to fit in.

I understand that I'm on thin ice right now and I only have myself to blame for that, I can't promise that I won't fuck up again, but I can promise that I will try my best.

I will also say that you don't have to take my word for it that I'm improving. I don't want to ask you to do extra work but if you can pull up any of my dialogue from that last week while I've been xeno banned I think you will see how far I've come from sounding like I'm typing with my thumbs. In addition I believe my last two admin interactions were me asking for advice on how to not get banned when other players were putting me in a tenuous situation. One if i recall correctly was a CL implying I should kill humans to protect him and another was an officer saying to hunt down and kill the captain for the keys for evac.

Tl;dr I know I've fucked up, but I'm genuinely trying to be better.
    I want to say that I appreciate the honesty. To often do we have players come here and down play or outright lie about the circumstances behind their bans. Your defence is quite spirited and I think you deserve another go at this. I'm not going to hit you over the head with a long winded speech about how you need to do this or that, as it's quite obvious you know what needs to be done moving forward.

This ban appeal is accepted.