Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kooarbiter - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    kooarbiter

Player Name You Use Most?
    Ana Bow

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    None

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    A tool to be used when low RP marines are trying to meme the operation or when regular marines, usually delta, tries to usurp your direct authority. I think it should be used when there is clear evidence of malicious intent in regards to sedition/assault/murder/etc. and you can perform it in a timely and appropriate manner. It is different because only a white listed CO can do it, you must announce the details of it when available, and it can be done in emergencies or when someone is in custody during severe emergencies.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    They consider the life and maintenance of their ship above everything else, no one and nothing will stop them from ensuring it's safety and ability to carry out the operation. With a background in military police work, they'd be especially vigilant to make sure the rights of suspects and inmates are upheld, and wouldn't hesitate to demote a CMP who allows or causes breaches of marine law and SOP. While civilians aren't military personnel, they are still under the CO's direct command, and CO Bow wouldn't give them special treatment to act out against their authority or the running of the ship or operation. In non essential incidents, CO Bow will be quick to dispense carrots and NJPs for underperforming or troublemaking crew, but if their actions cause a security risk for the ship or operation, she would be much faster to deliver harsher punishments in line with marine law when neccesary. Captured enemies or stowaway enemies woudl be one of her highest priorities, sometimes delegating temporary command of the operation to the XO or trusted SO until the situation is dealt with. While CO Bow doesn't trust the company, she wouldn't necessarily be distrustful or hostile to the CL or any company personnel allowed on board.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    To give a guided vision for the mission for everyone serving under them, and to provide others opportunities to roleplay or flesh out the characters/setting/lore.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    The orders were finally moved to the HUD, which is lovely. I feel like COs should spawn with a whistle and megaphone if they don't already. I think we should also mimic TGMC's approach of making the captain's main jurisdiction the ship, and make the operation and platoon under the XO's watch. I would also like some ceremonial weaponry, like a British officer's sabre.

As well, it would be nice for an additional notes field near the bottom of the application as I have a few things that don't particularly fit in any question field.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    A CO more focused on the ship and its well-being, and a classic British stiff upper lip in dangerous situations. The point of applying wasn't to have another gimmick CO "but this time they're British" The character just happens to be British, and while it is in their backstory i keep the accent and slang restricted when I'm in a military role (DI's/boot camp mates would likely target and mock someone for a heavy accent, which is when she learned to assimilate her language more to better fit in.)

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Ever since she was little, Ana Bow has dreamed about visiting the United States, she enjoyed her country's culture, but all the stories of California (gorgeous people, fantastic weather, good paying jobs, etc.) always made her long for a chance to live there. When she reached nineteen, her credentials and application came just short of being allowed more than just permission to visit as a tourist. She didn't want to just visit, she wanted to live there, so Ana checked what else she could do to qualify for citizenship, apparantly enlistment could qualify her as she had no outstanding felonies or a poor record in america. She enlisted and had a tough time with her foreign background, among a few other factors, but eventually she passed boot and basic training, and managed to be shipped out to the USCM Batallion The Vigilant Hounds, on the vessel USS Puerto Rico, a refuelling ship serving a support role in a larger fleet. Her early years saw her being a bit of a trouble makers, frequently in and out of the brig for minor crimes that weren't severe enough to give her more than the occasional sub rank demotion. She was fit enough to serve in the marine corps, but didn't have the physical fitness to carry heavier weaponry into battle to match her personality, which manifested in her having insecurities, she would often deploy with the heaviest weaponry she could safely use, doing her best to inspire her fellow squadmates in offensive pushes with a hail of HPR fire. One day she had a terrible experience with an angry, aggressive MP and after a sizable amount of time dealing with them, getting acquainted with marine law, and generally not having a purpose in the corps, she begged her superiors to drop her off at a facility where she could possibly apply to the MP corps. She passed the initial trials with a slightly above average grade, and was admitted into the MP academy where she learned marine law, standard operating procedure, and psychology until she was finally ready for a position as a marine police officer. Over the next few years she did good enough to get enough merit and was promoted to chief military police on a warship the USS Granade. During a raid from a large band of raiders, most of the crew had been killed aside from a few survivors, a couple of cowardly ensigns hiding in the vehicle bay, Ana, most of her team, and a few pirates they had captured. She showed valor in leading her team with the least amount of casualties among the departments, and her efforts were noticed by a fleet admiral on a relief effort. She was promoted to Commander in an advisory and support function under Captain Juro, where she thrived enough to finally get promoted to Captain herself during a successful raid on a CLF hideout. Finally returning from her last tour of duty back to earth, she had applied and successfully received citizen ship and bought a home in eastern California. Eventually the sedentary life got to her and a year later she decided to re up for another tour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good application, I can tell some effort and thought went into it. You have also played MP a lot which is great, as a good understanding of marine law as CO is essential. A couple of questions though before I give my verdict:

As CO you call order there no be no evac and an SO or the XO calls it anyway. What do you do?

The bravo engi has been brigged for attempted murder, however he is the only engi that can help build the FOB, do you pardon him?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffith78 View Post
    A good application, I can tell some effort and thought went into it. You have also played MP a lot which is great, as a good understanding of marine law as CO is essential. A couple of questions though before I give my verdict:

As CO you call order there no be no evac and an SO or the XO calls it anyway. What do you do?

The bravo engi has been brigged for attempted murder, however he is the only engi that can help build the FOB, do you pardon him?
    1. I make sure they heard my order, if they didnt i explain it to them and try to make the best of the situation, if they are being insubordinate, I have them brigged if possible, I dont think this is quite enough to warrant a battlefield execution however

2. As CO, you are allowed to make adjustments to SOP as neccesary, I'd give them an option to reduce their sentence if they do an adequate job building fob (I wouldn't count time building as part of the sentence, but i would also either manually review the fob if possible or get a trusted officer to do it). If they refuse the offer, I get non vital Sos and MTs to build it, failing that, i offer a carrot (carrot vs stick) to any PFC willing to get a combat technician kit and help build up fob, supplying them with materials from req.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During a code delta situation it is fine to BE someone for not following such a crucial order. As for the other question, you nailed it.

+1 godspeed captain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got a lot to learn about performing to a high standard as a member of CIC, but then again, the whitelist was never about being anything other than a minor obstacle for a playing wanting to CO. You're not entirely bald so you have my support.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A charlie squad marine main. Imma give you +1. good luck

Edit: I will give you -1, i guess you are not ready.
    Last edited by ChengChan; 10-16-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a sabre and we do spawn with a whistle and a megaphone in our office.

Now my serious question is that do you have thick skin? Meaning that when the round loses and you did everything you could, You are aware that you'll always be to blame by marines right?

Can you handle the salt that may occur in OOC or LOOC or in deadchat? Its kind of a thankless job. Can you handle it?

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you and I know you can RP, but I haven�t seen you play any Command Roles. Neutral until I see you playing Command.
    Last edited by smov; 10-15-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    We have a sabre and we do spawn with a whistle and a megaphone in our office.

Now my serious question is that do you have thick skin? Meaning that when the round loses and you did everything you could, You are aware that you'll always be to blame by marines right?

Can you handle the salt that may occur in OOC or LOOC or in deadchat? Its kind of a thankless job. Can you handle it?
    yeah, i usually just ignore the shitters that dont have anything constructive to add, like hess

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smov View Post
    I know you but I Can�t and know you can RP, but I haven�t seen you play any Command Roles. Neutral until I see you playing Command.
    i play charlie asl a lot and I've recently been playing way more XO so people can get used to me