User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: kooarbiter - Commander Application

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a time that I can't forget and will never forget when you let do all the job to Staff officers while you are busy talking to Captain something nonsense at all. Therefore, you are both useless on that operation. NO OFFENSE. You are the type of Executive officer who really does not nothing at CIC when your team is busy leading the marines no matter what the outcome is. I've already evaluated you way before because that's what I do to XO's even SO's under my command. Also, when you play command roles, don't expect you'll be playing with you favorite CO. So yup, i don't want to make this longer because I don't want you get offended.

PS: Got the SS when you told me that you don't want me as CO because you're too afraid that maybe i'll let you take over the operation. Thing is, how can you learn if you don't put effort leading your marines? or to afraid to do that? Yeah put that in your mind cause it's a BIG

Last edited by Enyonggg; 10-16-2019 at 12:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, but shortly said - I'm going to put a big -1 on this app.

Numerous of times I have seen you as an XO, and all those times, not only you don't trust your men, but have trouble listening to the communications and poorly inform your men about the situations on the ground.
    Not only that, you can't seem to handle the drama situations clearly.
    Term of can't has been used, because I saw you 'trying' to fix it.
    It just gets seriously worser than before you have stepped into, however.

Also to include, supporting Enyonggg's words - I really think you want the peoples to adapt on you, while you don't like to adapt to the others.

Edit - And,

Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    PS: Got the SS when you told me that you don't want me as CO because you're too afraid that maybe i'll let you take over the operation. Thing is, how can you learn if you don't put effort leading your marines? or to afraid to do that?
    ...Why do you apply for CO if you're afraid to take over the operation, while CO basically need to take the mission almost every time? This whole app became a full irony if this message is actually true.
    Last edited by Yuliy; 10-16-2019 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Adding opinion

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neutral for now, but you've been a good SO & XO for me before so I'll ask this:

Say you get to briefing and the place is trashed, marines are dancing and rioting all over the hall, how do you handle it?

Hard Mode: No MP's have woken up.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDexFiles View Post
    Neutral for now, but you've been a good SO & XO for me before so I'll ask this:

Say you get to briefing and the place is trashed, marines are dancing and rioting all over the hall, how do you handle it?

Hard Mode: No MP's have woken up.
    I do my best to disperse the marines with my voice, if there are marines I can't convince to leave, I'd deputize any SOs, and grab a stun baton from brig and remove marines from CIC individually, then order them to deploy over PA. If there are more than say, three marines, I don't think its realistically possible to force all of them to deploy if none of them want to, so instead I'd promise PA commendations for the first marine out of the bunch to deploy. Failing that, if none of them want to deploy, I start brigging marines for neglect of duty. If the leader that encouraged them to do this has commited other egregious offenses on top of leading a band of marines to break into CIC to riot, I may use a regular execution to get my point across.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuliy View Post
    I'm sorry, but shortly said - I'm going to put a big -1 on this app.

Numerous of times I have seen you as an XO, and all those times, not only you don't trust your men, but have trouble listening to the communications and poorly inform your men about the situations on the ground.
    Not only that, you can't seem to handle the drama situations clearly.
    Term of can't has been used, because I saw you 'trying' to fix it.
    It just gets seriously worser than before you have stepped into, however.

Also to include, supporting Enyonggg's words - I really think you want the peoples to adapt on you, while you don't like to adapt to the others.

Edit - And,

...Why do you apply for CO if you're afraid to take over the operation, while CO basically need to take the mission almost every time? This whole app became a full irony if this message is actually true.
    Do you have any recent examples of this? I do my best to try to foster an RP enviroment when I'm allowed, and I don't inheriently distrust my men, I'm not sure where you got that from, nor am I afraid to adapt to other people, i often change strategies when mission critical personnel are incompetent or really competent, and I have recently started to give out PA commendations when a CO isn't available to give out medals. If you have any examples of what you're talking about I would love to hear them

(also note, sorry for the multi posting, the field doesn't seem to be big enough to reply to both you and eny at once)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    There's a time that I can't forget and will never forget when you let do all the job to Staff officers while you are busy talking to Captain something nonsense at all. Therefore, you are both useless on that operation. NO OFFENSE. You are the type of Executive officer who really does not nothing at CIC when your team is busy leading the marines no matter what the outcome is. I've already evaluated you way before because that's what I do to XO's even SO's under my command. Also, when you play command roles, don't expect you'll be playing with you favorite CO. So yup, i don't want to make this longer because I don't want you get offended.

PS: Got the SS when you told me that you don't want me as CO because you're too afraid that maybe i'll let you take over the operation. Thing is, how can you learn if you don't put effort leading your marines? or to afraid to do that? Yeah put that in your mind cause it's a BIG

First off, I'm not sure why you'd think a few words on the internet from a stranger would offend me, you can say whatever it is you were holding back, i promise i wont be sad. Second off, how long ago was this? there was a time and a place that I wasn't very experienced with leading, and I loved (and still love) the RP aspect of command, but I am not useless, When I'm in command I'm checking the tac map, making announcements, guiding the platoon as a whole, checking req for crates, checking IOs for defcon progress, making sure alamo is running, checking medical for infected coming up on alamo, making sure the OB is loaded and shit gets fixed, making sure the MPs dont arrest someone for looking at them weird, and keeping an eye on squad chats, If I have really competent SOs, I like trusting them with micromanaging a squad or two while I handle the macroscoping leading by guiding the whole platoon to their objectives. I am never afraid of taking CO, I won a prison round yesterday as XO from round start, we only got a CO part way through the round that deployed and pushed hive with marines. As I've said before, if you have a recent example of me being "useless" I'd love to hear it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can remember you as my SO in many rounds but not as my XO , so I will stay neutral until I have a few rounds with you as a xo! but you seems to be a decent player so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    I'm not sure why you'd think a few words on the internet from a stranger would offend me, you can say whatever it is you were holding back, i promise i wont be sad.
    This was in a very recent round where you were playing as XO. I intentionally joined to observe you from the sidelines.
    • Your announcements, much like your writing on the forums, were riddled with grammatical errors, served no practical purpose (they were sentences of excessive motivation), and were far too long.
    • You frequently ignored your Squad Leaders and their analysis of the situation on the ground. You also ignored your SO. The result was you ordering an offensive for far longer than it was sustainable, and failing to organise an evacuation, leading to a total planetside wipe.
    • You claim you check the tactical map, but upon ordering an evacuation, you told the remaining marines to go to LZ2, and ordered a PO to fly DS2 down. There were no marines on the tactical map, and that PO would have gone on a suicide mission had I not told him to stop.
    • Your command was so poor that at the end of the round, the Delta lead told "discontent" marines to go to Briefing to organise a mutiny. It would have happened had a hijack announcement not been made by ARES.
    • You're rife with indecision. Referring back to the excessively prolonged offensive, you got caught up in an argument about what actually to do, rather than committing to any serious action.
    • You did not communicate with your squads. Had you done so, you would have noticed that Bravo reported a breach southside of the FOB, but you didn't, instead ordering another push on LV-624 towards medical in support of the CO shortly after. Even if you did notice the breach, you did not retract the order and organise an evacuation as you should have done so.

That said, there's still whitelisted COs who are more incompetent than you (e.g. the very CO who joined the round I'm criticising you for and died in his unga rush and whose name is an amalgamation of Donald Trump and Harvey Weinstein), so I don't see this as any sort of barrier for entry.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Youbar View Post
    This was in a very recent round where you were playing as XO. I intentionally joined to observe you from the sidelines.
    • Your announcements, much like your writing on the forums, were riddled with grammatical errors, served no practical purpose (they were sentences of excessive motivation), and were far too long.
    • You frequently ignored your Squad Leaders and their analysis of the situation on the ground. You also ignored your SO. The result was you ordering an offensive for far longer than it was sustainable, and failing to organise an evacuation, leading to a total planetside wipe.
    • You claim you check the tactical map, but upon ordering an evacuation, you told the remaining marines to go to LZ2, and ordered a PO to fly DS2 down. There were no marines on the tactical map, and that PO would have gone on a suicide mission had I not told him to stop.
    • Your command was so poor that at the end of the round, the Delta lead told "discontent" marines to go to Briefing to organise a mutiny. It would have happened had a hijack announcement not been made by ARES.
    • You're rife with indecision. Referring back to the excessively prolonged offensive, you got caught up in an argument about what actually to do, rather than committing to any serious action.
    • You did not communicate with your squads. Had you done so, you would have noticed that Bravo reported a breach southside of the FOB, but you didn't, instead ordering another push on LV-624 towards medical in support of the CO shortly after. Even if you did notice the breach, you did not retract the order and organise an evacuation as you should have done so.

That said, there's still whitelisted COs who are more incompetent than you (e.g. the very CO who joined the round I'm criticising you for and died in his unga rush and whose name is an amalgamation of Donald Trump and Harvey Weinstein), so I don't see this as any sort of barrier for entry.
    Are you sure this was an LV round? the round you're describing sounds more like the big red one in which we were critically understaffed. If you are talking about the LV round I'll try to remember the finer details but it's a bit harder to remember than the big red round, because I'm pretty sure the LV round was with the CO with the confusing orders who made the last minute change to do briefing himself without telling me.

You're right about the announcements being riddled with grammatical errors, being excited isn't an excuse for poor grammar and I promise I'll work on improving it, as for the announcements being too long, I got caught up in trying to motivate the marines to not back down and run away, because i thought we would have a better chance of surviving if the marines held the line, and I thought the marines were more focused on not having their round ruined then standing firm to keep the flow going.

The reason why I held the marines feet to the proverbial fire was due to thinking we had little to no chance of victory by running away, in my experience most fobs don't stand the test of time against a coordinated assault, and so I thought giving up ground would ensure that we lost. The reason I hadn't organized an evacuation was because the xenos had been only briefly attacking the fob and started attacking telecoms, I thought we had more time than we really did to hold out for resupply and reinforcements, the previous round the CO had called evac and i launched the alamo a bit earlier than most would have, since the fob was breached and the queen was spotted IN the LZ, the negative reaction to it made me consider how I'd do what happened differently, so I had decided the next round to be more careful about launching until it was neccesary.

Throughout the round we had a very small crew, officers especially, so many CIC crew were multi tasking and trying to keep the platoon together as best it could, my plan failed and the xenos were stronger than I anticipated, due to this error we lost marines, and as a result a few marines wanted to confront me about it. While we did lose and I had made mistakes, I don't think my command was so poor to justify what they were doing. CO was dead by this point, and I fully accept responsiblity in making a wrongful assumption, of FOB operation strength, despite CO being on the ground earlier I should have gotten more hands on views of the FOB, I had either charlie or delta on fob as they had the only engineers in the platoon.

As for the tactical map issue, I did realize we had no living marines after i had heard marines shouting about getting the remaining marines to LZ2 for evac, I checked the tactical map after telling normandy PO to transport to the ground, I knew we were low on manpower, but i did not know that the FOB assault had completely killed everyone, I thought there may be some survivors that had escaped the siege, so I didn't want to hesitate sending down normandy to get them out. I checked the tactical map after making the call for normandy to launch, and when i realized we had absolutely no personnel on the ground (which surprised me, i knew we would likely only have stragglers but i didn't expect everyone to die, some marines did make it out on alamo) then i called off normandy.

As for the breach, I did notice it, but I overestimated how long the marines could hold out, but I did entrust the CO with the minute by minute small scale decision making since they deployed and had better eyes and ears being there than I did, they ordered the push to medical, not me, I simply relayed the command, because I wasn't feeling up to getting brigged for insub, I had questioned a decision from the LV round because it was bad, but ultimately had to follow it as it was lawful and the CO was the commanding officer.

As a command role, marines are eager to see any mistakes on your part as justification for all sorts of negative behaviors, I know this, and I have accepted this as a part of the game, not only on the marine's side but xeno's side too, and knowing this I tend to be more careful or cautious of making certain decisions for fear of messing up and getting shat on for it, because that tends to hurt morale and cohesion, which can hurt the operation in the long run.

You're right about some things, I definitely need to work on my announcements ( I scaled down the long form motivations in the next round, mostly saving them in shorter doses for when marines did really well to give them a pep boost because people like having their actions noticed.) I wasn't conscious of ignoring SLs or SOs in the operation, so if you were directly observing me and can confirm they did I'll accept that, I'll try to keep it in mind in the future.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, your responses to the questions and criticisms on the app are great, so mentally I believe you can handle the role. Additionally, you are a decent SL and understand marine law well. Application itself was decent, even with the block of text that was your story. Doesn't matter imo though because the BE answer was good. You're fine in CIC, but as you stated there will always be room for improvement.

Neutral for now but leaning towards +1. Good luck
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine