Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    Do you have any recent examples of this? I do my best to try to foster an RP enviroment when I'm allowed, and I don't inheriently distrust my men, I'm not sure where you got that from, nor am I afraid to adapt to other people, i often change strategies when mission critical personnel are incompetent or really competent, and I have recently started to give out PA commendations when a CO isn't available to give out medals. If you have any examples of what you're talking about I would love to hear them

(also note, sorry for the multi posting, the field doesn't seem to be big enough to reply to both you and eny at once)
    There were one incident when you have wrote a huge "story" while including 0 informations of the Xenomorph locations, Where our men are, what squads should doing what and where the fight is currently occured.
    One pissed up SL; Delta SL if I recall, has straight up argued about your useless "moral support" announcement. Some other SLs also agreed on this in the commanding channel.

However, not only you squeezed that "morals" to them again despite what they need is the informations and held your ground, you have gone complete silence for 5 minutes or so and REPEATED that useless annoucement.

And of course, as squad leaders have no more further guidelines, all the sqauds started to move independently, resulting of a solo play, not a team play.

What I heard from the users later on at the OOC talk, this is actually not a first time you are doing so. This surely was a depressing moment, and this was, in fact, about 2 weeks ago.

I still do not think you are ready for it, weather the app is perfect or not. Still remaining on -1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuliy View Post
    There were one incident when you have wrote a huge "story" while including 0 informations of the Xenomorph locations, Where our men are, what squads should doing what and where the fight is currently occured.
    One pissed up SL; Delta SL if I recall, has straight up argued about your useless "moral support" announcement. Some other SLs also agreed on this in the commanding channel.

However, not only you squeezed that "morals" to them again despite what they need is the informations and held your ground, you have gone complete silence for 5 minutes or so and REPEATED that useless annoucement.

And of course, as squad leaders have no more further guidelines, all the sqauds started to move independently, resulting of a solo play, not a team play.

What I heard from the users later on at the OOC talk, this is actually not a first time you are doing so. This surely was a depressing moment, and this was, in fact, about 2 weeks ago.

I still do not think you are ready for it, weather the app is perfect or not. Still remaining on -1
    yes, I did do that, I got caught up trying to motivate the marines, but I learned from my mistake and i have been keeping my announcements short, to the point, and pertinent, and trying to make up for it by trying to improve myself, I recognize what I did was wrong and I dont think I've made that mistake again since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. So I�ve read the application and read thand feedback from both other COs and players as well as the applicant�s responses.

From that, Im going to have to go with a -1.
    There�s mostly minor issues that glare out to me and some of which could even be called simple differences in belief about the role. Yet. There is one thing, alongside the general vibe I�ve got from the app and applicant�s response to issues, that stands out. This is the position of the CO as focused almost entirely on the ship only with the XO leading the marines. Now, don�t get me wrong. There�s nothing wrong with letting an XO take command now and then. However. At the end of the day, no matter how you look at it the CO isn�t just Captain of the ship.... they are Captain of the marines. All of them.

You have to be able to step up to that plate and, while you could *delegate* parts of the op to the XO, it shouldn�t be your entire game plan to be delegating always the marines to the XO and treating them like they aren�t your responsibilities.

You are leading the marines in a role which has grave importance both IC and OOCly. What I�m trying to say and Hopefully am conveying is: Your responsibility is to the entire marine force - even if you delegate parts to a XO.

That and the other pieces of info I�ve read don�t really support my belief this app is ready.

Again. Nothing wrong with delegating but ... you can�t and shouldn�t be focusing only on the ship. We aren�t TGMC and aren�t the same in the style of command structure it seems. To paraphrase an admin, �It�s YOUR problem as CO if your marines metarush/ pull some bullshit/riot roundstart.� You are responsible. Just cause you delegate doesn�t make you no longer responsible. As CO, highest figure, everything good and bad goes bad to you as your fault. Be that OOC or IC.

So yeah. Sorry but -1.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    Ok. So I�ve read the application and read thand feedback from both other COs and players as well as the applicant�s responses.

From that, Im going to have to go with a -1.
    There�s mostly minor issues that glare out to me and some of which could even be called simple differences in belief about the role. Yet. There is one thing, alongside the general vibe I�ve got from the app and applicant�s response to issues, that stands out. This is the position of the CO as focused almost entirely on the ship only with the XO leading the marines. Now, don�t get me wrong. There�s nothing wrong with letting an XO take command now and then. However. At the end of the day, no matter how you look at it the CO isn�t just Captain of the ship.... they are Captain of the marines. All of them.

You have to be able to step up to that plate and, while you could *delegate* parts of the op to the XO, it shouldn�t be your entire game plan to be delegating always the marines to the XO and treating them like they aren�t your responsibilities.

You are leading the marines in a role which has grave importance both IC and OOCly. What I�m trying to say and Hopefully am conveying is: Your responsibility is to the entire marine force - even if you delegate parts to a XO.

That and the other pieces of info I�ve read don�t really support my belief this app is ready.

Again. Nothing wrong with delegating but ... you can�t and shouldn�t be focusing only on the ship. We aren�t TGMC and aren�t the same in the style of command structure it seems. To paraphrase an admin, �It�s YOUR problem as CO if your marines metarush/ pull some bullshit/riot roundstart.� You are responsible. Just cause you delegate doesn�t make you no longer responsible. As CO, highest figure, everything good and bad goes bad to you as your fault. Be that OOC or IC.

So yeah. Sorry but -1.
    I'm sorry, i should have been more accurate with what I meant, when I said I would prefer delegating more of the OP to the XO, I would still obviously hold briefing, give squad objectives and redirect them as needed when new information is given, I wouldn't just ghost an operation, but there are smaller moment to moment decisions that don't always necessarily warrant the CO's full attention if there are other more pressing matters. I also wouldn't ignore CIC, especially if it is understaffed, I would make sure to keep tabs on the operation through my CIC staff, stay at CIC comms Booth when a situation doesn't require my direct appearance to make announcements and watch the tac map.

I probably wouldn't deploy most of the time, as in my experience only a few COs have been able to deploy and have it mean anything, the vast majority of COs that deploy either rambo to their death or become a slightly shinier SL that doesn't really accomplish anything other than giving out issue orders.

Often times, during stressful situations, there are issues that need to be ruled on or dealt with that don't involve the operation, the platoon, or the fighting specifically, and often people will turn to command for a ruling on it. It is important that the other departments don't only receive a dismissive answer, potentially one working off of a miscommunication or wrongful understanding, or only half of a story. While the Xo and SOs are dealing with the micromanagement, and the squads have their orders, I may occasionally have to leave to fix engineering and smes units, go to research and spank them for growing xenomorphs without approval, and making sure the MTs aren't stealing the fabric of reality without high command's approval. I cannot do these, or at least not as effectively, if I cannot trust my subordinates to handle smaller tasks while I make sure the important things ship wise are properly dealt with.

I would also never let my subordinates take the fall for any of my decisions, if they have given me false or incomplete information I can call them out for that, but ultimately if I pull the trigger with wrongful information that will always be my fault, same with metarushes and other marine shenanagains. Hopefully CIC can keep me abreast of anything I may have missed, but I doubt I would miss something like a riot during briefing. If i lack MPs to disperse briefing shenanagans, I would deputize Staff officers to help me and get down there to actually help disperse it.

I'm sorry if I made it sound like I'd be ignoring the platoon and ground situation entirely, I have no intentions to do that, if you have any more questions for me or constructive critisism let me know please, this was really well written.
    Last edited by kooarbiter; 10-19-2019 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Fixed a few typos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the last days i haven't seen you either as a XO or a SO during any rounds that i participated in, but as other roles when i was playing. And i will stick with a -1.

Try to play more SO or XO then other roles to get known.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah going from neutral to -1. I haven't seen you in commamd enough, and despite your knowledge of marine law and decent playtime as SL, I don't think it's enough.

Get more playtime and apply again if this one doesn't turn around. I'm sure you'd get more support. Either way, good luck.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the XO/LT/ comments,
    Mark Kesserline never played any command role and got CO whitelisted just because he played SL alot.

I trust kooarbiter, he's a reliable player and not a shitter.

+1

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so, the support on this is somewhat mixed, so I'll ask you a few questions before I make my decision.

1. Under what circumstances do you feel a BE is acceptable and under what circumstances do you think you'd likely get reported for a BE?

2. How would you handle the following disputes/incidents (beyond the obvious ones where an ahelp would be needed, of course):

Req, Medical, and the FOB squad are arguing over limited supply points. Medical needs more metal for to make replacement limbs and Phoron for medicine due to a careless mistake by a doctor. The FOB squad desperately needs metal and plasteel for cades. What do you do to deal with this situation and what do you have Req prioritize?

An MP calls for you on comms and reports they just arrested a PO for attacking a MT. The PO claims that the hangar Power Loaders are missing and the doctors told them an MT took one down the hallway past medical, so they went to confront the only MT on duty. The MT insists they didn't take the power loaders. How do you handle this situation?

The XO/CMP calls you down to the brig. When you arrive, they explain that they found the CL in your office and had them arrested for trespassing on the suspicion that he was trying to steal something from your quarters. The CL, however, insists that an SO asked them to talk in your office before trapping them inside. What steps do you feel would be necessary to determine if the CL is telling the truth or lying?
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your BE response puts me off for a few reasons:

• You describe mutinying and other forms of brigading as actions worthy of a BE, despite such offences being delineated within Marine Law.
    • You also describe how BEs should be used when there is "clear evidence of malicious intent" despite the fact that, again, intentional harm of USCM persons or property are also delineated as crimes within Marine Law with clear punishments and their respective procedures.
    • You appear to be utilizing second-hand information about past BEs you have witnessed or heard about as a bible for when BEs should be used, as opposed to understanding why they exist in the first place and forming your own opinion and policy upon them.
    • Finally, you claim you will only use BEs in a "timely and appropriate manner," ignoring the fact that standard executions exist for this very reason.

Based upon the points you've made, I can't in good faith expect you to responsibly utilize BEs. Your response indicates a willingness to use this very specific tool for your own ends as opposed to serving the interests of the whole playerbase during any round.

I cannot in good faith accept any app that does not display a clear understanding of what BEs are and why they are used.

Try again in a month, and consult with the council and other veteran players about BEs and other pointers for your app.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.