BillryeTheJewishGuy - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Zolo009

Marine Name
    Bill Ryebeard

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Jaegar Knyght

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No, just warned because I attacked the CMP in self defense with... excessive force.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes I am familiar, it boiled down to do not cheese kill dont disrupt the hive prior to tier three to be a jerk and general guidelines for how to act as a predator.

Yautja Character Story
    Jaegar was brought into existence from a prideful clan falling under the religious banner of Paya. While personal beliefs growing up of a divine nature Jaegar took it to a more literal sense of the diety, to find worthy pray after all to him the feeling of hunt was the greatest pleasure one could ever dream of. However he still lacks information regarding creatures of the galaxy reading archives of creatures never dawned on him because he would rather view the pray as a unique entity rather then as a collective. This type of thinking has earned him a reputation of being naive to the galaxy of creatures to hunt failing to see the forest from the trees. This also reflects how he views his fellow brothers in the same hunting ground, he treats them as competition impeding him for finding worthy pray and as such he is reluctant to bond with his brothers unless he knows they have earned worth for being a great hunter then a honorable coward. This reflected back in the days of old where the planet of terra 932 a vast water planet with creatures of aquatic nature able to blend into the mist were able to grab his fellow clansmen. But it was a honorable way for them to die and I would refuse to grief for them to die on the hunt so i perused on, after this trial I was sent out to return to the clan only to be scolded on the method of killing that I was more interested in killing them slowly wearing them down mentally then to commit to a painless death. A creature should not care about how he sees those who are below him on the hunting party do we care how the grass feels bellow our boots or the stone with fresh blood spilled from our game no. I say death is part of the teaching of Paya it is the most important teaching that could ever be pounded into our young minds to find battle of a creature who has a will to live that could over take my own.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    I intend to act as a psychological hunter throwing corpses, gore or fallen corpses of those who were unworthy of the hunt and staying out of sight only making myself known to those who are deemed worthy of being hunted or duel'd.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Hunt for me: you see a lurker, he seems young, you remember his name and keep track of his hunting grounds.. see how long he lasts how many he has killed and watch him grow, when the right opertunity arises to where they may actually be worthy of killing you make your presence known see how they act what is the real potential of the creature if they will fight or run.

Honor duel, the hunted is aware of your presence and clearly wants to treat you as the prey, creatures like this are hard to come by as few creatures are willing to prove themselves as worthy game, if the creature has proven to be most admirable it would pain me to see them die a young death.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I intend to act alone unless I am ordered by a higher ranking member of the council, if I see them in need of help against fellow creatures I will see it as a insult to assist them in a hunt that they managed to get themselves caught in a situation that i unbecoming of Yautja.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Last night I played again ThesoldierLLJK as a predator, ended up in a psudo hunt/duel against him first round about he took my leg and i was nearly killed, recieved medical treatment and proceeded to hunt him down only to find him and his council members to which i was completely destroyed in the second round of combat but it was a memorable moment that i want to re-create for others.

Honestly accepted or not I am having a blast.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So quickly to go over the story, it's about half the minimum recommended length, and has a slew of grammatical errors on top of weirdly switching from 3rd to 1st person about halfway through. It doesn't say much about your Yautja other than the fact that he's ignorant of other creatures and doesn't associate much with Yautja.

Quote Originally Posted by BillryeTheJewishGuy View Post
    Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    I intend to act as a psychological hunter throwing corpses, gore or fallen corpses of those who were unworthy of the hunt and staying out of sight only making myself known to those who are deemed worthy of being hunted or duel'd.
    Okay so this answer is also really short, it only really mentions your style of "spooking" marines/xenos and doesn't really say anything about their personality.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Hunt for me: you see a lurker, he seems young, you remember his name and keep track of his hunting grounds.. see how long he lasts how many he has killed and watch him grow, when the right opertunity arises to where they may actually be worthy of killing you make your presence known see how they act what is the real potential of the creature if they will fight or run.
    This is basically right? The wording is a little wonky but yeah it's just "I see guy and he's really worthy and strong and fits my standards so I'm gonna hunt him." Though your answer doesn't really cover why it's different from an honour duel or outline how hunts specifically are, just how you would do them.

Honor duel, the hunted is aware of your presence and clearly wants to treat you as the prey, creatures like this are hard to come by as few creatures are willing to prove themselves as worthy game, if the creature has proven to be most admirable it would pain me to see them die a young death.
    No, an honour duel is not just some duel that anyone can challenge you to. It is a matter of high honour and if someone challenges a Yautja to it in the first place they're not going to be worthy of one. Also, I'm not sure what you're trying to say with not wanting to see them die, sparing someone in an honour duel is a massive insult and should pretty much only be done if they were pathetically weak or cowardly.

On top of all that, your forum account is super fresh, which makes me think you're relatively new to CM and need a little bit more time to become known and vouched for as competent RP-wise.

Oh and that Yautja name won't fly at all, I think. Might wanna come up with a new one.

Gonna drop you a -1, check out #whitelist-app-help in Discord for your next app, the guys in there can be super helpful.
    Last edited by ChainsawMullet; 10-15-2019 at 06:17 PM. Reason: MAN'S NAME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    So quickly to go over the story, it's about half the minimum recommended length, and has a slew of grammatical errors on top of weirdly switching from 3rd to 1st person about halfway through. It doesn't say much about your Yautja other than the fact that he's ignorant of other creatures and doesn't associate much with Yautja.

Okay so this answer is also really short, it only really mentions your style of "spooking" marines/xenos and doesn't really say anything about their personality.

This is basically right? The wording is a little wonky but yeah it's just "I see guy and he's really worthy and strong and fits my standards so I'm gonna hunt him." Though your answer doesn't really cover why it's different from an honour duel or outline how hunts specifically are, just how you would do them.

No, an honour duel is not just some duel that anyone can challenge you to. It is a matter of high honour and if someone challenges a Yautja to it in the first place they're not going to be worthy of one. Also, I'm not sure what you're trying to say with not wanting to see them die, sparing someone in an honour duel is a massive insult and should pretty much only be done if they were pathetically weak or cowardly.

On top of all that, your forum account is super fresh, which makes me think you're relatively new to CM and need a little bit more time to become known and vouched for as competent RP-wise.

Oh and that Yautja name won't fly at all, I think. Might wanna come up with a new one.

Gonna drop you a -1, check out #whitelist-app-help in Discord for your next app, the guys in there can be super helpful.

I have no idea what to tell you man, I hate writing fanfic id rather have backstories develop round to round its more fun that way. I just view behavior and reputation in game outweighs this.

As for the honor duel... again was said I read the entire list of what is and isnt I just didnt want to copy and paste the section.

as for predator names I legit have no idea or what they call themselves or name themselves for all i know in their language they call everyone bob n steve, maybe one day netflix will adapt the manga and do a lore dump that isnt in light novels/comics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what to tell you man, I hate writing fanfic id rather have backstories develop round to round its more fun that way. I just view behavior and reputation in game outweighs this.

As for the honor duel... again was said I read the entire list of what is and isnt I just didnt want to copy and paste the section.

as for predator names I legit have no idea or what they call themselves or name themselves for all i know in their language they call everyone bob n steve, maybe one day netflix will adapt the manga and do a lore dump that isnt in light novels/comics.
    Your reply to Chainsaw shows me you not only did not do a lot of research concerning predators but that you have not put a lot of effort whatsoever into the character or whitelist you are trying to obtain. Reputation and behavior does affect your chances of getting a Whitelist, but they are not the sole contributors to this. A well made story shows several things:

1) You understand Yautja culture, mannerisms, and how they act
    2) You understand the hunting rules and guides to being a warrior.
    3) You passed Highschool English class and can write a coherent sentence.

Unfortunately, looking at your explanation of what an honor duel is shows you do not understand point 1 and 2. You are correct yes on how a hunt works and looking for worthy prey but your explanation of what an honor duel is completely incorrect. What marks it differently from a normal hunt? Honor duels and hunts are not at all similar as non-Yautja cannot call an honor duel to a Yautja.

My final statement is more positive, however. Regarding your answer as to why you want the whitelist is very understandable. You wish to create memorable moments for players. That is a very good thing and certainly what is appreciated. Though with the many issues that riddle this application I am going to say this application has my -1.

Please make certain in the future you fix the issues involving your character name, the story, as well as your description of what an honor duel and hunt is. Make certain to use sites such as Grammarly or use Google Docs and even Microsoft Word to find grammar mistakes and spelling errors. Also as Chainsaw said, please seek help from the Whitelist-App-Help on the Discord.
    Last edited by Allakai; 10-16-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ChainsawMullet summed it up best. Please use the #whitelist-app-help in the discord, and re-read the honor code.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything has been said..

Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jaegar knyght..... See above for the hard -1
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stupid name, honestly, I know names are kinda hard, but they don't need to be super foreign, or german i guess lol

you clearly haven't really paid attention to the honour code, your honour duel answer reflects that, and the story was overwhelmingly bad, allakai/chainsawmuppet said it well

whitelist app help is always open bud -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no reason to add anything, this'll be the final downvote since this app will get denied. -1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A majority of the council has stated a -1 so I'm going to have to deny this.

Dont be discouraged from reapplying but take some more time with the story and other questions. Ask for help on our discord as well.