Melissa Trelawney
    Their BYOND Key
    Starmute
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    1:15 p.m.
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do Not Abuse Your Powers
    Description of the incident
    During the course of the round, I joined as an IO. While having spent some time organizing and preserving data, I eventually deployed back down with a squad, eventually just a few marines, to gather more intelligence on the colony, as I had three leads towards terminals.

Upon arrival at the planet, the first one worked fine. We both got infected in the primary colony grounds near Engineering due to traps that I didn't see.

Once we were in comms relay, three aliens were spawned in our direct line of sight, so within communications itself. StarMute did this, as after I was killed I asked.

Their reasoning was you can't redeploy to an alien-infested colony, even though all aliens had left. These aliens were also AI driven, as I managed to kill one in a single shot.
    Evidence
    I don't have any at current, but I imagine it'll be in the logs.
    How you would punish the accused
    Serious warning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an added note: GrimCad told Starmute it was okay to do, so I'd also like to see him punished in some form.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Round is still ongoing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starmute View Post
    Round is still ongoing.
    My bad. Wasn't aware that was a rule. I lodged it when I was already back at the ERT base.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The aliens were attacking the ship during this time, correct? As in you left the ship while the Xeno were up there to go back to the planet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Blood View Post
    The aliens were attacking the ship during this time, correct? As in you left the ship while the Xeno were up there to go back to the planet?
    We deployed prior to the automated message of the shuttle leaving to ram into the Almayer. It was just before we landed on the planet that we got the message.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, well nothing here was against the rules. Grimcad gave Starmute permission to do so and he has the ability to do that. While it could have been handled more elegantly than spawning them in direct LoS, spawning stuff like AI xeno or generally doing something to force the Marines off the planet post-xeno launch is common practice. ICly, the planet is overrun and going back down would be certain death, as the hive just wiped out your whole company for the most part. In the event you don't want to actually defend the ship, we have the evac pods for this exact purpose. OOCly, this is done because once the Xeno's have left, there are literally no Xenos groundside due to game mechanics. We dissuade people from just going groundside because there is nothing to do and we don't really want people down there, you should be interacting with the rest of the players shipside. Going back planetside after the Xeno have left is a waste, even if you're doing RP down there, it could be RP done on the ship. Intel at this point doesn't matter so realistically you all should have returned back to the ship upon hearing the hijack warning. You're free to remain on the ground if you want but you're most assuredly going to die in some way.

I talked to Grimcad regarding this and being that there weren't any broken rules here, this report has been resolved.