awan - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Awan

Marine Name
    Awan Oostveen

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    En'dchi

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, quite familiar

Yautja Character Story
    Requirement was lifted. But the actual requirement listed is still 750 characters.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawanwashere

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    En'dchi prefers to fight using non conventional weapons. Disarming a marine and fighting them hand by hand. Making his own spear and using that instead of a clan sword. Because he knows that whatever he faces he can beat it. And that he is going to kill his foe anyways so why not make it a little more fun and challeging.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    First all honor duels I have seen a predator makes themselves more equal towards the other party. It is a sign of respect towards your foe to honor duel them. It is also an honor for them to duel you and to be defeated and killed by you. And it is also a way to settle a dispute among predators. Where as a hunt is done on worthy prey. It is still in my opinion an honor to be hunted but less so. And it is mostly the hunter who gets the honor. It is also not done on equal terms.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I feel that other predators are brothers in arms. They worked hard to get where they are and should be honored to hunt with me. It is obvious that I am destined for great things. And even though they might not be as skilled as I am they still have the high honor of hunting along side of me.

But he prefers to hunt without yautja he does not know. Only those who he knows will get the honor of watching him work. He also sees there is value in hunting together but will only do so with yautja he sees as honorable.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I feel it is a long time coming and that I can add fun to rounds as a yautja. I also think I can develop better for them if I am able to play one.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you feel like you deserve the pred whitelist? Why is it a long time coming?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    Why do you feel like you deserve the pred whitelist? Why is it a long time coming?
    I am one of the most senior people on the development team. And I never specifically said I feel I deserve the whitelist. Because that is not determined by me.
    And not it is also not my way of thinking at all. I feel I would be one of the last to specifically state I deserve a whitelist.
    So I would not sit here saying I specifically deserve a whitelist.
    I can give some reasoning on why you should accept me.

In general I feel that I might not be the most liked dev/person among certain groups of people.
    But that I did work on that in the past and that most issues that people had with me are gone at this time.
    Most of the people who still dislike me are talking about grudges for stuff that happened quite a bit ago. And are carrying old grudges.

Next, I feel that I do my best to communicate with the community to make it a better place.
    And that I try something different. I do not play the game like most people. I go for unusual tactics and strategies. Both as marines and aliens.
    And that often leads to interesting situations.

I hate saying that that would be why I deserve it. But I would not mind saying that is why you should accept me.

How to become senior dev.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When would you honour duel a marine? When wouldn't you?

When would you honour duel a xeno? When wouldn't you?

A predator dies, his body is brought up to the Almayer. What would you do?

You make a lodge. While you are gone, several marines occupy it, and when you come back, they are still there. What would you do?

When would you use an HPC?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Retard View Post
    When would you honour duel a marine? When wouldn't you?

When would you honour duel a xeno? When wouldn't you?

A predator dies, his body is brought up to the Almayer. What would you do?

You make a lodge. While you are gone, several marines occupy it, and when you come back, they are still there. What would you do?

When would you use an HPC?
    Marines need to be worthy before I would consider dueling them. So anyone who is not worthy is out.
    I would first have to see them be honorable myself. So if the marine has done nothing yet I would not duel them.
    After I know that this will be an interesting fight. (Like a marine managing to take on Rav alone.) I will consider an honor duel.
    And anyone who I feel is provoking an honor duel or giving me the wrong kind of attention is out as well.

Next Xeno honor duels are a no-no afaik. Except for the rarest and most special of cases. Like a champion that has many kills.

If a body is brought up I would first stop my hunt and make sure that the other yautja are aware of this happening.
    I would make sure there are 2 of us.
    I would prefer to formulate a plan together. And to take a stealthy approach.
    I know that marines go crazy about preds and that this will be hard to retrieve.
    So you either have to go quite combat heavy or you need to outsmart them.
    And I would always attempt to outsmart them first.

If my lodge has no gear or anything of value I would just let them be.
    I feel that I need to either disrupt the round a lot or I need to
    There is no requirement I know off to take the lodge back unless they managed to get gear.
    If they have gear it would be gear recovery.
    And if the amount of marines is small I would consider it an insult to Yautja.
    They would get a Roar and would get told not so nicely to leave.
    After that, I would treat them like worthy prey.

My HPC is never used near or at innocent prey. That prey should never be hit by my HPC.
    I would want to make sure I only hit my intended target.
    I can hpc unworthy prey but feel that it is best used as least as possible.
    Against aboms I would prefer hunting traps. And gear retrieval on the planet can mostly be done without an HPC as well.
    So I would HPC as little as possible on the most unworthy prey while making sure no bystanders are hit.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the app itself is decent I am concerned that you didn't write a story. Why not?

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffith78 View Post
    While the app itself is decent I am concerned that you didn't write a story. Why not?
    The requirement for writing a story has been lifted for developers.

As for my beliefs on the application, I think it's okay, but not perfect. I don't think there is much to it.
    I do however like your answers to sleepy, so I'll give it a +1
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going neutral

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story is amazing as it should be.

But jokes aside, I do not see major problems with the app. Your answers to sleepys questions are good .

I do also like the quirk of using non conventional weapons and how you intend to work with other preds, making them wish to work with you.

+1
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shitposting aside, the new official stance is developers are exempted from writing a story, but still must post a face application.
    So don't -1 this or any future developer for whitelist applications because "There's no story"