User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: awan - Yautja Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want my actual hours this month you can ask nearly all staff members to confirm.

The online time the staff tool gives us is 40 hours since the first of this month.
    In general I have been online the between 40-60 hours on the server in nearly all previous months.

This might have been 200+ hours when I did not have a job. But I got one now. And I also moved recently so my time is the lowest the month I moved.
    (End of july and the start of August.)
    If needed ill ask Jamie to confirm this was pm'd to him around the 24th of July. (I signed a day after seeing the ad.)

I am quite sure that Survivor and Dommy have seen me be online this month.

While during my time as a mod most of the time was observing as a dev only a fraction of the time is. (Mostly events or after my death(s). And even if you took 75% of the server time as my playtime it would still be above the amount of time we consider reasonably activity in terms of mods and such.

So I think it is just you asking the wrong person and me being online on other times.
    It might also be the fact that I do play alien (Queen) and not just marine. And that I have secondairy characters without Awan as first name. Who I do my best to keep under the radar.

How to become senior dev.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumdor View Post
    My last post got removed because of "toxicity", so I'll ask it again so no feelings get hurt. New preds are usually bad at playing pred, so they die a lot. Let's say that's you as pred and you keep getting killed a lot. You're a senior dev, so if this happens to you and if you get mad, angry, or salty; will you end up buffing/nerfing things that get you killed? Or buffing things because they didn't work for you?
    While discussions on features and/or changes have started because of specific ingame events. (i see that on the same level as starting a forum topic.) There have never been mr's or changes from me coming directly from my deaths.

There have been 2 changes implemented because of me starting such a discussion by other developers. And straight up bugfixes done because of bugs I ran into while playing the game.

But balance has never been touched by me directly after because of stuff happening in a round.

For example a discussion on armor or certain strains was had because of things that happened while I was a marine. And these changes got done by another developer.

I have also edited souto man based upon what he encountered while he was there during a test round. While not playing souto man. (To be specific unbuckling him takes time now.)

There has also not been any accusations of me ever not following developer protocol on development that I was made aware about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffith78 View Post
    As I said the app itself is good, as are the answers to the questions. However, sleepy does make a good point. I haven't seen you in game at all the past few months (aside from running a few events). I think it would be best if you increased your playtime so that others have the chance to observe and judge you in game.

Please next time do let someone respond to any/all accusations made.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan View Post
    words
    None of what I said were accusations. I'm merely asking if you'd end up changing things as pred because of something that would happen to you as pred.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of what I said were accusations. I'm merely asking if you'd end up changing things as pred because of something that would happen to you as pred.
    The accusations post was not towards you. I made 3 posts. Please check the one that quotes you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jamie took the liberty of sending me the logs, and I said this to him:

What do these numbers mean? I can't gauge you as a player with number. When I last saw you actively, you were an asshole, a low tier griefer, and someone to avoid since you mained MP. I don't think it's terribly fair to base two years ago for now, which is why I have nothing currently to base you off of. I don't care if you play one round every three days, it's about if people think you're a good player. Pred rounds are rare, so I'm not really concerned if you're super active.

I'm not solely looking for activity, I want to gauge you how you are as a player. If it was solely activity, we'd only have 20 pred players.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan View Post
    There has also not been any accusations of me ever not following developer protocol on development that I was made aware about.
    This was in the post you quoted me with. So, you did reply to me with a post saying that I accused you of something. You've also not answered my question and just skirted around it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was in the post you quoted me with. So, you did reply to me with a post saying that I accused you of something. You've also not answered my question and just skirted around it.
    Well, ill make it shorter.
    No change was ever made by me directly after playing except for test rounds or bug fixes.
    3 developers are needed to approve a change.
    All changes are discussed in the team.
    The developer guidelines state how to properly introduce changes.
    Nerfing lurkers because you died to them is not likely to happen unless a majority of devs think lurkers need a nerf.

I have never deviated from this protocol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the better answer. Though you don't have a story because we got rid of that; I'd of rather had a different app for devs with more questions. Doing that I think would make the application less bare and not seem like it was posted as a joke.

Your answers aren't bad to the pred related questions though they are pretty easy to answer. Not sure what would be best for a pred app without a story, but I'd say reputation now plays a bigger part than other apps.

Going to stay neutral on this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can confirm Awan has been rolling CMP these last few days and actually getting on the server quite a bit, a great deal more active than most in his position and not a hint of shittery/griefing at all only top tier roleplay befitting of a good whitelist candidate!
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.