User Tag List

Thread: The "Default" loadout for C.A.S.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "Default" loadout for C.A.S.?

Hello ladys and gentlemens.

Recently undertaking the role of Pilot Officier I am getting to know this aspect of the game but while I know the basic of the transport, fulton and medevac system (and also: ALWAYS LOCK THE GOD DAMN SHIP!)

I was curious about how to prepare a dropship for C.A.S. with the most durable and efficient weapon possible.

Thus I come here in search of answer from the veterans of the Alamo and Normandy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Default was two GAU and either two Mini or one Mini one Rocket.

But let me just give you the real protip that new CAS players don't know: While a longer firemission hits more, a shorter firemission hits harder, because it's more concentrated.
    What's worse, certain weapons work better with certain lengths of firemission. A twelve length firemission doesn't have much use for GAU because it won't kill anything that isn't already almost dead. A two length firemission might as well just be rockets.
    So what most CAS I see tend to settle on is four to six length if they are going GAU/mini. There are other combinations of weaponry that work, however, although I understand that you may want to start with the meta before you experiment with other things.
    I just might make an actual guide about all the weapons and the kind of things they excell at.

Oh and here is another tip, you generally want to perform CAS far away from the laze, because that way Xenoes don't see the laze and their only warning is the CAS noise.
    And you probably already know this from having been on the JTAC channel before, but it pays to make marines aware when you are in the air and to tell them about your loadout if it is non-standard.
    Last edited by Nyvrem; 10-17-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Wiki Maintainer Emeritus Sargeantmuffinman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My personal preference would be 1 GAU and 1 Mini rocket with 2 rocket pods. The GAU and Mini rocket combo isn't great at dealing damage but that's where the rockets comes in. With a widow maker, banshee combo to help increase the damage. Though I must warn you, the GAU+Mini rocket combo is mediocre at dealing damage.

A general "jack of all trades" setup would be 2 GAU and 2 Mini rockets. It has enough fire power to kill most xenomorphs but that's as basic as it can get.

If you want a guide on how powerful the armaments are, either head to the pilot's section on the wiki or go here: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=15560
    George S.Patton once said: No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Good hunting.

Staff from 16 May 2016 to 10th September 2021.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find if you're playing somewhere close in like prison, 2 GAU and 2 lasers can be pretty effective. Just use a long, narrow strafe down a hallway or chokepoint with GAUs, and have the lasers spread a bit of fire on the ground.
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler: