Byond ID?
    Mizolo

CM Character?
    Anekcahap 'Kneecap' Volkov

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    -6:00 UTC

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Probably a couple hrs a day so roughly 10-12?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Yes

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Let's see, I've made a dev app, 10 fucking pred apps and finally got accepted on my 10th ... and that's about it I think

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes, however it was many many months ago

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, a long time ago on TG station for ... bloody hell I can't even remember

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    I am

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Rule #4 broken.
    I would directly message the person, asking why (it's hardly ever 'random') they did said action.

If proper RP escalation, no note required.

If improper escalation, note player with a possible disciplinary action (official warning, temp-ban, etc.)

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Ask them politely to calm down (if applicable) and ask them to read the predator code of honor to make sure they have violated it. If so, ask them to fill out a player report in the report section of the forums, and give them a link.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    This is more of a mentor situation, but I would PM them saying "Hey, you're not in trouble, I was just wondering if you needed help or needed information on where to go"

If lost:

1: Direct to 'nearest' on-duty mentor
    2: If no mentors on, mentor personally

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Given the situation, I would do this in sequence:

1: Check notes of player, and act accordingly (E.G: they have been rude in the past)
    2: Ask a higher up to deal with it because the player is obviously not going to listen to me
    3: If no higher-ups are available, ask politely to calm down
    4: If #3 doesn't work, give them a 1-hr ban to 'cool off', they are likely just really angry and will get over it

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Use the auto-reply "no response necessary"

No notation required

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    PM him asking what's going on.

Deal with situation accordingly gearing towards influencing player to 'dis-arm' themselves

Make note

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    It was a proper RP escalation, no response/disciplinary action required. IC problem

No notes required

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would ask the MP what happened (for his side of the story)

Responses:

If it really was just running into req, reprimand and warn MP.
    Make note of MP

If it was more than that / warranted perma, no notation required and explain to player.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I've had this problem plenty of times. Personally, I would QM the xenomorph team and basically say "It's time"

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Not only am I playing, I am ALSO part of the situation.

I am unable to 'deal' with said situation because it involves myself.

Delegate another mod/admin

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    It's 'proper' EORG so to speak

I mean if you saw a xenomorph at round-end as a marine, would you NOT shoot it?
    No
    You'd shoot it

no notes required

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Sleep the player to prohibit further harming/disruption of the round.

PM the player, find out FACTS.

If he was just being a doodle, then warn and notate.
    If he was somehow justified, no warning or notation.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Improper escalation,

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC: Mutiny is NOT sanctioned, stand down marines.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Rule #3 violated.

MOOC: Please keep racist comments to a minimum please. Thank you.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Rule #4 on massive scale. Perma-ban with note.

MOOC: A-help all who got hurt by the briefing griefer.

Proceed to A-heal players

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM player saying that's not acceptable and that's griefing.

If player understands, no job-ban and a 'nice' note.

If player doesn't respond or makes up some excuse, job-ban from xeno and a note

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM player 'Hey, I know it's fun, but please don't say [message], it's LRP'

Note player

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Explain to them the reasoning why you can call it a dropship instead of 'metal birb' or etc. Explain hive-mind and function.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    SM/PM command staff/player "Hey, please don't do that, you're not 'really' supposed to know that there's aliens on the planet"

((VOID WITH EXPECTED CONTACT TEST))

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I'm actually not sure what to do in this situation. I would actually like to know what to do in this situation.

IMO, I would just warn the player to not do it again and take a different approach next time, and note them.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Have another staff handle it, if at ALL. It involves me specifically so I can't be involved.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Explain that life isn't fair, and if we did that for every SSD marine or xeno that died / was hugged it wouldn't be a fair game. Give a personal experience to help them relate (I have one as a predator ... fuckin' disconnected in the middle of the hive, woke up hugged and being spam-tackled.)

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'm a mod, it's not my job to mod other people.

Call an admin/mod manager.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    The person who took the A-help has priority IMO.

However, if they are arguing extensively, call/get an admin/mod manager.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to help CM. I also believe I will gain experience working with people that are emotionally charged and perhaps even how to defuse a situation.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I'd list MANY, but I think 2 most important are:

Responsibility & Relatability

Anything else you
    I'm one of those people that is VERY by-the-books.

However, I DO like to give people second-chances. I'm a very fond person of that.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're banned from discord. Pretty sure that instantly disqualifies you.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    You're banned from discord. Pretty sure that instantly disqualifies you.
    Sorry Mizolo, she's pretty much right. You are disqualified from becoming a moderator at the moment. You will need to work on a discord unban first before we could consider this. Also I'll be frank, your previous actions with the developers might not sit well with them for you joining the staff team.