Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few issues I think should be addressed

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few issues I think should be addressed

Hey everyone, been meaning to post a lot of these, but never got around to them, let me know what you think.

MPs should either have to not wear armor according to SOP, or have their armor not slowed down, or be given some kind of bola tool to catch speedy marines, because god damn chasing perps in light armor can be impossible sometimes, and under SOP you HAVE to wear the armor. One of my solutions or another is definitely needed.

The Taser is broken, it just is, it wont affect anyone even on repeated direct hits, it's basically worthless now, ask anyone that regularly plays MP it is not worth taking, if this was unintended, simply fix it and it won't be a problem, if it was intentional, give MPs a ranged stun that isn't god awful.

Why don't SO's have prep access? most of what they'd want they can easily get from req anyways, and its not hard to order cryo marines to let you in.

Let staff officers/xo's choose a few different kits from a vendor like PFC. SOs and XOs that deploy can do a myriad of things and having a focus can help them cut out the things from their loadout that they don't need or will hamper their ability to work. For example, if you're a paranoid, powergamey fuck like I am when I'm SO (and PFC, outside of these two rounds it isn't a huge problem for me), you tend to want to fill your bags with as much engineering/medical/combat/scouting/etc gear as you can, and you end up not having enough gear to properly do any of them. A few simple kits the SOs and Xo could choose from could give them more direction, assuming they aren't sitting on their asses on overwatch.

Tell me who designed the mini medkit kit so i can stare at them, shake my head in disapointment, and dramatically walk away leaving them sad and doubting their decision making. I understand the devs seem to think PFCs self medicating was a problem, and thus making medics less useful, but honestly I don't see this as a huge problem, those players simply want more control over their round instead of having to search out a possibly bald medic that could take forever to diagnose you, or even OD you, or sit out a very large chunk of the round going to surgery with the same concerns. At most this allows marines to stave off a few conditions they wouldn't normally be able to treat at all, and gives them some slightly better healing/stim meds than they would already have access to, because stocking and refilling pain stops can be a pain. Mini medic also allowed people who were knowledgable about medic but not confident to step onto the proverbial spotlight and get shat on for failing a way to try it out in a relatively safe way. If you wanted to nerf minimedic to remove self medication, I'm not sure why you added the sensor mate hud. It really only hampers the minimedics that want to give it an honest try and help others, as the self medicator can easily check their own wounds and if they see someone get hurt, just toss them a tram and bicar/kelo pill if they are feeling generous. If you wanted to make medics not pointless, you could give them a vendor kit that could teach them basic surgeries and give them some sub optimal surgical tools so they can take care of IB/manually removing shrapnel, or give them more fun toys/jobs to do exclusive to them like medevac did.

Binoculars should be able to fit on belt slots, 'nuff said.

Add a negligent/reckless assault charge for people who accidentally hurt people but don't necessarily kill them, a mortar that misfires on marines and hits them but doesn't kill them, maybe add a clause that it has to be a serious form of assault or we won't have alpha squad anymore.

Remind Executive Officers that while the CO has final say on law enforcement in their operational area, the XO does not, I have had far too many XOs giving unlawful orders completely unaware that being head stoogie doesn't earn you any perks with the MPs.

Add more things for MPs/MTs/CL to do after deployment that doesn't require bus, not the first time this was said, but it's one i strongly agree with

Add more gimmicky PFC kits, the update that added them was unironically one of my most favorite updates in CM history, it fleshed out a role that was very slowly being extremely pigeon holed and I can't understate how fun it was.

Add some kind of system that gives marines a chance to predict when a queen/rav/crusher is nearby, because nothing sucks more than auto dying because a queen you hadn't possibly seen coming walks around the corner, same for rav with flamers and explosives with crushers. Maybe have marines that are within X amount of tiles from queen/rav/crusher generate a message on in their chat (you can hear heavy/scratchy/rythmic stomping nearby). This may neuter those castes, but something along these lines has to be created, because if you find yourself in one of those situations there is basically no counter, especially for screech, for rav/crusher you can bring a sidearm, but unless it has really good stopping power, a pistol/smg wont stop them and you probably wont have time to switch to a heavier/more appropriate weapon if you turn them corner on them or vice versa besides finding someone more tasty looking to stand in front of you.

Make an announcement similar to hijack/precrash when the alamo gets called down by queen to stop the repetitive (uh oh, command DSX dropped) and the like. It's similar in nature with how first contact RP was, and since we switched to expected contact I feel the RP has greatly improved. This is a small change but a

(The Dropship (1/2) has experienced an unknown error, autopilot engaged, launch successful.) as soon as the DS drops would cut those complaints off at the pass.

add a clause to prevarication that reads something like "giving absurd/unlawful/uneccesary/malicious orders to subordinates" because I feel like we need this to be clarified and codified in marine law, just because you outrank someone, doesn't mean you should necessarily be ordering around anyone lower than you, for example, in most situations the CE shouldn't be ordering around the medics if they aren't the aCO

Add combat knives to SO locker/armory locker and req because shrapnel's a bitch

These were all I could think up now, let me know what you think, and contribute to this bitching and moaning with your own suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I agree.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree heavily on the MP armor issue, it's already hard enough to do your job while an MP is running after you, allowing them to ditch their armor would make it practically impossible to run away and force us to shoot the MPs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. The taser is absolutely godawful, I don't believe it was intended to miss 90% of the shots and I hope it will be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    I disagree heavily on the MP armor issue, it's already hard enough to do your job while an MP is running after you, allowing them to ditch their armor would make it practically impossible to run away and force us to shoot the MPs.
    Stop being a shitter and that won't be a problem.

Or shoot them and take the ban, whatever you like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, that MPs should be allowed to take off armor to chase suspect. Taser should be buffed too.

Minimedic kit is supposed to give PFCs opportunity to cure themselves. With previous minimedic kit you could just go to medbay and ask for lifesaver belt and act as standard medic for small group of marines. They are not supposed to heal other marines. And I don't think, that medics should be able to cure IB or bones planetside, because then doctors would become mostly useles. And medics can remove shrapnel from marines using knife.

I disagree with negligent/reckless assault charge, because it, in my ophinion, would be quite hard (if not impossible) to investigate. MPs will have to determine, who is responsible: mortar crew on marine, who gave coords to mortar crew.

Absurd/unlawful/uneccesary/malicious orders are covered under "Lawful orders" section of ML. If CE, for example, orders medic to clear floor, he can be arrested for NoD, since he, in fact, ordered medic to neglect his duty and clean floors.

I think, that regular MPs should get access to squad comms, because it will be a lot easier to give warning to marines (They won't have to chase marine to issue warning) and it will give MPs at least something to do after deployment (i.e. Listen to marine comms).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add some kind of system that gives marines a chance to predict when a queen/rav/crusher is nearby, because nothing sucks more than auto dying because a queen you hadn't possibly seen coming walks around the corner, same for rav with flamers and explosives with crushers. Maybe have marines that are within X amount of tiles from queen/rav/crusher generate a message on in their chat (you can hear heavy/scratchy/rythmic stomping nearby). This may neuter those castes, but something along these lines has to be created, because if you find yourself in one of those situations there is basically no counter, especially for screech, for rav/crusher you can bring a sidearm, but unless it has really good stopping power, a pistol/smg wont stop them and you probably wont have time to switch to a heavier/more appropriate weapon if you turn them corner on them or vice versa besides finding someone more tasty looking to stand in front of you.
    No. You are not supposed to solve every issue on your own. If you're a marine, you got a squad. Ravs/Crushers can get fucked by the rest of your squad. Ravs especially suck at fighting large numbers while Crushers can be dodged and are already rather clearly telegraphed by their stomping. As for the Queen, well, it is an occupational hazard. If you knew she'd be coming she wouldn't inspire nearly as much fear.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven�t got a big enough :gitlabit: emote.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    MPs should either have to not wear armor according to SOP, or have their armor not slowed down, or be given some kind of bola tool to catch speedy marines,
    Bola DEEZ NUTS lmao gottem

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rals View Post
    Minimedic kit is supposed to give PFCs opportunity to cure themselves. With previous minimedic kit you could just go to medbay and ask for lifesaver belt and act as standard medic for small group of marines. They are not supposed to heal other marines. And I don't think, that medics should be able to cure IB or bones planetside, because then doctors would become mostly useles. And medics can remove shrapnel from marines using knife.
    I don't think so, if medics do get the capability to do minor surgeries it would increase their skill ceilling, while it's true that it would make doctors obsolete, doctor is already a role that can be mostly automated due to its repetitiveness and if anything should be adressed just like CTs being glorified vending machines.

Not to mention that people that roll medics usually tend to wander and leave their squad or stay in place behind where the squad is while treating someone, and that's because people that roll medic are also the ones that wants to treat people, not necessarily stick with their squad either. So because of that, PFCs treating themselves with kelo/bicard becomes much more viable than asking for kelo/bicard from a medic that who the heck knows where, not to mention that minor damages that do causes significant gameplay effect such as fractures, pain from burns, IB, organ damage, and so on doesn't necessarily show up on MedHUDs and tend to go untreated unless a medic on their own initiative decides to analyze a guy who happens to not have full but still almost full health bar which are usually the only sign of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree with quite a few of these, especially the PFC kits one, because holy shit it made everything a whole lot more fun. it really adds a lot more situational shit or just things you're in the mood for. i find myself more often than not taking the technician one just to repair 'cades because half the time during an aggressive xeno assault the techs can't be fucked to bother with it. or using the grenadier kit to scare the shit out of xenos with the HEFA grenades it gives you
    Joined the fight November 2015

A strange voice says 'F@c3 m3 1n m0rt@1 c0mb@t'.
    PFC Charles 'Ajax' Hayes says, "Nah."

Long time CM and forum lurker, change character names and appearances as often as putting on a new pair of socks.