Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VitorThauma - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    VitorThauma

Player Name You Use Most?
    Sarah Powers

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Apps are long gone in the app limbo

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The Battlefield Execution is a tool given to whitelisted captains that is used only when the situation can't be handled by usual means of law enforcement or used as a last resort tool against immediate threats to the crew or the ship itself.

The BE, unlike the usual execution, is done by the Captain himself, without prior warning. It doesn't follow the same structure as the formal execution under marine law. No MPs need to be present, and it isn't requested by the CMP.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Captain Powers is a focused and dedicated officer of the USCM. Often called way too lenient by her subordinates, she tries to be as just as possible while commanding her ship and battalion. She can usually be found fraternizing with both her enlisted and fellow officers.

Regarding incompetency, Powers strongly believes that everyone deserves a chance to learn, but if it turns out that the subject is also insubordination, she will have a strong behavior and put everyone in their place. Being a commander that enforces the law and justice, she will always allow insubordinate personnel to redeem themselves and submit to the chain of command and the military police, before taking last resort actions like battlefield execution itself.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of a commander is to lead his subordinates to victory while attempting to make the game funnier for the players, making them enjoy the rounds.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    More overwatch tools. Currently, the tools available could get upgraded. Like adding a central overwatch console for the captain, like already suggested on gitlab.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I believe I could contribute to the game in a way to give everyone a good experience while playing. I'm an old player, with a good grasp on how the server and the playerbase works, making it easier to play this role.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Commander Sarah Powers, 2nd battalion of the 4th brigade, Executive Officer aboard the USS Almayer

Awakened by the ship's hypersleep system, Powers stood up and looked around the bay, alarms were set off, the lighting was red and flickering. She realized nobody else was awake. She was alone. ARES promptly warned her about the state of the ship.'

"Good morning commander. The ship is currently in crash course. Intervention is recommended. Please proceed to the Astronav Deck."

It was at that moment Powers realized things were not as good as they were before she went to cryo. Without thinking twice, Sarah ran as fast as she could to the upper deck, where she found the Captain, laying uncounscious on the ground, next to a non uniformed man, with signs of a struggle. She attempted to wake him up, but there was not enough time to get him to medbay, as the ship was still about to collide.

Powers quickly moved to the helm and took control of the ship, noticing an asteroid in the way she pulled the controls as much as she could to take the ship out of collision course.

The Almayer nearly hit the asteroid. Powers halted the ship and shut down the engines. It was time to find out why she was the only member of the crew awake. ARES was not responding, Powers quickly moved to it's chambers and found out the computer had been tampered with, causing some sort of major malfunction and making ARES reckless, disabling some of it's functions, which made it enable an emergency protocol and awake the CO and XO, in that order.

Later that day, it became known that there was in fact a CLF saboteur aboard the Almayer, that boarded the ship when it was docked with a nearby ressuplying station.

If not for the captain, that managed to disarm and incapacitate the boarder, and XO Powers, that took control of the ship, the whole Battalion would have died that day, without even knowing what got them, as they were all in hypersleep.

Due to the severe injuries sustained by the captain, he was considered unfit to continue his duties, and was granted a honorable discharge and honoured.

Powers was rewarded as well, and marked for a future promotion due to distinguished conduct during the line of duty.

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen you a number of times in game and you have proven to be a good player, while I have only seen you as command a couple of times they were all positive. The story is a bit on the short side, but so was mine and you still get the message across nicely.

+1, godspeed captain.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen you play as XO a few times, I think SO a few times also, your competent enough.

What would you do if your CE and MTs refuse to deploy and are instead in the gym boxing? Take note the OB and power are not set up either. You do have MPs, a XO, and at least two SOs.

What would you do if the RO is bald and the CTs do not know how to set up a FOB crate or do any supply dropping?

What would you do if the CMO is trash talking your command? Take note it is not a curse out but more suggesting a drop is bad, such as a LZ2 drop on prison they are calling suicide yet they are still clearly disrespecting your position with their rants.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

Brazilian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply everyone

CE and MTs boxing? I'd put the XO in command, and the SOs on overwatch. Then I'd go down there myself to try and convince them to get back to work and deploy, if that doesn't work at all, I'd send in the MPs to detain the CE for neglect of duty, and if the MTs still refuse to work, detain them as well. Then I'd quickly go fix the power or ask the synth to do that, if I have one, put an experienced SO in command and order the XO to load the OB.

RO bald? I'll take that I'm fully staffed for this one. Would send down my XO to teach the RO and assist the CTs, also would OOC ask for the RO to mhelp for a mentor and the CTs to read the wiki.

CMO is a civilian contractor, yet he must respect the CO. I would not order a suicide drop, or something I wouldn't do myself as a CO, so he's probably metagaming LZ2 being bad or just being a general pain in the ass. In a normal situation where I haven't fucked up at all, I would tell him to knock it off and let me handle my battalion. If that doesn't happen, and he keeps disrespecting me, then insubordination charge it is.
    I play Sarah Powers and Francis Larsen.

CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

this game needs to end now

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VitorThauma View Post
    Thanks for the reply everyone

CE and MTs boxing? I'd put the XO in command, and the SOs on overwatch. Then I'd go down there myself to try and convince them to get back to work and deploy, if that doesn't work at all, I'd send in the MPs to detain the CE for neglect of duty, and if the MTs still refuse to work, detain them as well. Then I'd quickly go fix the power or ask the synth to do that, if I have one, put an experienced SO in command and order the XO to load the OB.

RO bald? I'll take that I'm fully staffed for this one. Would send down my XO to teach the RO and assist the CTs, also would OOC ask for the RO to mhelp for a mentor and the CTs to read the wiki.

CMO is a civilian contractor, yet he must respect the CO. I would not order a suicide drop, or something I wouldn't do myself as a CO, so he's probably metagaming LZ2 being bad or just being a general pain in the ass. In a normal situation where I haven't fucked up at all, I would tell him to knock it off and let me handle my battalion. If that doesn't happen, and he keeps disrespecting me, then insubordination charge it is.
    All good answers, just make sure to be careful with the civilians and Marine Law it can bit you back real quick.

+1

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application is good overall, even if one may say short, it's quite essential and correct, so that's good. Player's been around for a long time and are pretty fun to RP with. They've been my XO a good number of times and have performed quite good. Often giving them the CIC while I had to handle urgent tasks.

All in all, I believe that they would make a good fit for the CO whitelist. They know how things work, they know how to play, they know how to interact and of course they have their own style and personality.

So, it's a +1 from me. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played with you as command and i have seen you calm in some situations and good answers so why not. I hope i see you as Co.

+1
    Last edited by CryoDrake; 10-25-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a good RP'r and they've been here for a long time, i very rarely care about applications, but this person i fully believe deserves it.

Take a Gamer +1
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a few doubts about the application; in my opinion it's rather short, but it's sweet, at least.

I've seen you in-game, not as an XO however, but luckily there are plenty of people here vouching for your competence, so you should be good!

+1
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone