User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes a good FoB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most important thing is to throw as many grenades as possible as close to the cades as you can. Destroying the cades and stunning your comrades is the best way to hold the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Building is just half of the job, the other half is to keep the cades at full health and to rebuild those destroyed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something that isn't said that much but can make or break a FOB is a good RO.

If Req isn't sending you shit, the game is over, because for some retarded reason Squad Engineer is still the only job in the entire game that completely relies on Requisitions to function from the start of the game to the end of it.

Specs? Start with decent amount of ammo + points to buy more.
    Medics? More meds than they need for most rounds.
    SG? Starts with enough ammo + can buy ammo + SL req has even more ammo to shoot for a decent amount of the round.
    SL? Just like squad marine, he has his own goodies he can buy.
    Squad Marine? 'Nuff said. Attachie good, ammo in supply.

But SQUAD ENGINEER? You are the ONLY ROLE that starts with not even enough material to make a quarter of a single cade line. So you have to beg, and beg, and deconstruct, and beg for supplies all round.

Ive even risked getting noted shift start (back when mods got really anal at me) just to deconstruct beds + chairs so that I have enough metal to just get ONE cade line in every direction setup.

Never forget, a good RO makes or breaks the round for Squad Engineers (and is coincidentally why I rarely play the role; such heavy reliance on RO usually means I will never have a fun round as squad engi).