Verris - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Verris

Marine Name
    Corke Nitch

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    I'teial

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Yes for EORG. There may have been another instance though, an admin yelled at me and I left the game cause I was tired as fuck, I am unsure what action was taken.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes.

Yautja Character Story
    I'teial stood there, looking at his prey, why didn't he kill it? It was a serpent, an inferior being, why did he hesitate? It stood there, cornered and wounded, and I'teial was staring it down with his weapon in his hand. What was making I'teial hesitate? Fear? No, Yautja didn't fear serpents, I'teial had only sustained a minor injury. Fear for the serpent? But why? It was an inferior being, prey, nothing else. So why did he care? He cared, for some reason, but why? That was the question I'teial had, why did he care? Why did he hesitate? Why did he relate to a serpent of all creatures? He wasn't afraid, but the serpent was, but why does he care? Could the serpent even feel fear? Why? That was what other Yautja always asked him, why? "Why do you do that?" and "Why do you like this?", but this was different, this was strange. What was he feeling for this creature? Why was he feeling for it? Why, why, why. I'teial wasn't strange, at least he didn't think he was, so why was he doing this? The serpent still hissed, its own flesh sizzling from its blood. So he killed it. He didn't feel good about it, neither did he feel bad about it. So, why? When it came to his next hunt he didn't know what he would do. But why? Why didn't he know? I'teial always thought ahead, he would stalk his prey for hours, even days, but now he was confused. But why? He needed to find out. But he couldn't get that one question of his head. Why?

The wind was howling and the sky was dark. His next hunt was about to begin. He might hunt down a fearsome beast and collect its skull as a trophy, but he might not. He always studied his hunting grounds, but this time he didn't. He spent his time thinking. Why? What does why even mean? Who says that's what it means? Why do we say why how we do? But most importantly, why was he conflicted? His hunt began, he was unable find any large, or fearsome beasts. He came back with a minor trophy, a horn belonging to a weaker carnivore, he wasn't satisfied with his hunt, but this is what it was, this was reality. That was it.

But he came to a conclusion. This was how he was. Why did he care for the serpent's fear? Because he was curious. Inquisitive, that was another word for it. He would stop asking questions and thinking about it. He would move on, and when he figured it out, he figured it out. That was all, what happened, has already happened. We can't change the past, if time travel is possible, he would never see it in his lifetime. Technology was advancing, but slowly. That was how things are. Nothing more, nothing less. But I'teial could make a difference, someday.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    I'teial is inquisitive, curious and fairly solitary, he analyzes and forms a strategy before taking action.
    I tend to play less combat oriented, and I plan to express that with I'teial.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor duel is a battle between two equals using melee weapons, it may also be a way to prove yourself stronger than your opponent. Honor duels are usually do the death, but the victor my spare the other, of course there are more things that can apply to an honor duel.

A hunt is when Yautja stalk and kill prey for pride and glory, it is more of a sport than an actual necessity, worthy prey must we hunted using a throwing or melee weapon, while unworthy prey may be killed via any means, innocent prey is not hunted.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    As I stated before I'teial is rather solitary, but in a conversation he is listening more than he is talking. He might react to something, but he won't comment on it, that kinda thing. He prefers to be quiet, and that's just how he is,though when he does need to talk, he is polite, and will quickly attempt to get the conversation focused on another Yautja.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Because I find the idea of being a creature stronger, faster, and more resistant than humans, with advanced technology, yet still keeping true to their tribal, ritualistic, nature is just fascinating.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recognize you ingame at all and your registered vote was October 2019. Pretty new from this forum. By checking your application, your story is pretty poor in my opinion. -1

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! I have glanced over your application and I am drawing blanks for your name. The fact I do not know who you are off the top of my head is somewhat eyebrow raising. Though given you do seem rather forward with this application there seems to be several missing qualities within your whitelist request, namely a story and what somewhat worries me the most: Why you want the whitelist.

A predator is a being that exudes honor, pride, and strength controlled by sheer willpower and strict rules of honor. This is shown yet you only say it is just fascinating... why? Why is this? What do you plan to bring to the table as a Yautja?

Echoing the words of our lord and savior, Cheng. I find your story severely lacking. I would recommend seeking help on writing via our Whitelist help channel on the Discord as several people would be more than happy to help create and write a good story. I see potential in your application but as it stands at the current moment I find it... lacking. This will be a soft -1.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh account, one post, this.
    story is short and not so sweet
    answers are poor and thats hard to do.

listen to cheng and allakai (god thats not something i care to say :smirk: ) get some WLapp help, get known, do some shit on the forum and try again next month
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything else has been said.

Good luck on your next one.

Sorry

Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen you in-game, And this is your first post.
    As chen and allakai have said already, your story is pretty short and not that good.

If you want to try again in the future, you should get known in the community, get some forum activity and look at some of the accepted applications.
    Going to have to go with a -1 here

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto. -1 from me.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't wanna bother adding more. -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That story was very hard to read. I know it's challenging to try and write a Yautja character with so little lore to go off of, but the writing is just plain bad. The entire first paragraph is just questions and questions and questions. The word 'why' was used twenty three times in the first paragraph alone. (Twenty three!). You dragged that whole 'questioning' segment for far too long. There are better ways to portray the quiet, inquisitive type without blatantly saying it in the story.

for me, other problems have been mentioned already.
    Last edited by Takyon; 11-07-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never seen you in game before, so I cannot determine your abilities to RP. Your app is extremely brief and does not answer the questions to a satisfactory standard, -1